Marksman PvE guide

Boxis
Donor

Re: Marksman PvE guide

#16 » Post by Boxis » 16 Apr 2013 17:44

Mithrandir wrote: 3/3 Great Stamina
More health makes your pet less likely to die in encounters. A very useful talent, for that matter. Cobra Strikes is sometimes chose too, but that's just a minor difference, and I prefer a living pet over a faster attacking pet that's dead.
Cobra Reflexes 2/2 is actually always better choice than having 3/3 Great Stamina in PvE no matter what,but unfortunately that talent is still bugged on trinity so there is no point choosing that at the moment,unless you want less dps for your pet.
Mithrandir wrote: 2/2 Bloodthirsty
This talent nullifies the need of feeding your pet. You must keep your pet at max happiness, for it to deal more damage. Since this gives happiness, it gives more DPS without feeding your pet 5928 times after it died. Also will the healing this talent provides keep your pet alive longer.
1/2 Is more than enough for Bloodthirsty,it does its job very well,unless you want pick up that autoress talent of course.
Mithrandir wrote: 1/1 Heart of the Phoenix
Free full revive with no casting time? Hell yeah! Use this wisely, the cooldown is rather long.
Dont think this is really that useful in pve at all.If you have good pet control then there is low chance that your pet will ever die,and if there are situations that he actually dies,then mostly you cant do anything with it and even if you ress him then he will probably die again,because of same aoe/idkwhat spell.

For that reason,in my opinion,is better to pick up Rabid 1/1 and Wild Hunt 1/2 for sure.Although pet stats are bugged(so these talents arent that beneficial as they should be),however its still very,very good damage boost to your pet,and you will finish with better results than if you pick those defensive talents.
(note-bind rabid with furious howl)

Chillmaster

#17 » Post by Chillmaster » 15 May 2013 10:32

Actually you dont need Bloodthirsty Talent, why dont u use the mend pet glyph? Pet will be happy and u will have one more talent to spend somewhere else.

Devosan

#18 » Post by Devosan » 20 Oct 2013 02:34

Wow this is an excellent guide. Way to go Mithrandir, this will help me a great deal when I will have my hunter at 80.