Pre Raid Gear Updated for BWL

Dunkelstein

Pre Raid Gear Updated for BWL

#1 » Post by Dunkelstein » 11 Dec 2015 13:44

Just some orientation for new hunters.
First off you should get your hands on a Dwarven Hand Cannon.
Here are some good crafted items that might be worth buying if you're not saving up:
Black Dragon Mail, Devilsaur Armor, Bloodsoul Embrace

Some quest rewards you can get before you even hit 60:
Blackhand's Breadth, Mark of Fordring, Strength of the High Chief, Royal Seal of Eldre'Thalas, Backwood Helm

'Full' list:
Head: Beastmaster's Cap, Backwood Helm
Neck: Mark of Fordring, Medallion of the Dawn, Pendant of Celerity, Beads of Ogre Might
Shoulders: Black Dragonscale Shoulders, Demonic Runed Spaulders, Spaulders of the Unseen, Truestrike Shoulders
Back: Cape of the Black Baron, Earthweave Cloak
Chest: Savage Gladiator Chain, Beastmaster's Tunic, Black Dragonscale Breastplate, Nightbrace Tunic
Wrists: Beastmaster's Bindings, Bracers of the Eclipse, Blackmist Armguards
Hands: Beastmaster's Gloves, Devilsaur Gauntlets, Handguards of Savagery, Shadowcraft Gloves
Waist: Beaststalker's Belt, Beastmaster's Belt, Warpwood Binding, Sash of the Grand Hunt
Legs: Black Dragonscale Leggings, Blademaster's Leggings, Devilsaur Leggings, Beastmaster's Pants, Tristam Legguards
Feet: Beastmaster's Boots, Windreaver Greaves, Savage Gladiator Greaves
Fingers: Tarnished Elven Ring, Painweaver Band
Trinkets: Earthstrike, Devilsaur Tooth, Blackhand's Breadth, Royal Seal of Eldre'Thelas, Strength of the High Chief
Weapons: Dal'Rend's Arms, Barbarous Blade, Huntsman's Harpoon
Ranged: Dwarven Hand Cannon

Make sure to get your Onyxia attunement.
Now that ZG and MC are nerfed you should be able to find or form some pugs (2 Set ZG bonus is already a huge upgrade).

Keep in mind that I didn't list every single useful item because I have better things to do ^_^ . So if a fellow new guy asks for help in another dungeon then go along, you might get some Shadowcraft or other usable drop I didn't include ;) .
I won't make a 100% bis list because you are highly unlikely to get all those exact items before getting any raid gear. The set bonuses and different stat priorities for MM and BM on top of that make it so 90% of the time you'd have to decide on your own anyway.

This thread is of course open for discussion so if you have any additions, criticism or questions then don't hesitate to make a post :D

Edit: Truestrike Shoulders (ty Oivster)
Edit2: Pendant of Celerity, Handguards of Savagery, Huntsman's Harpoon (from D2 summoned bosses)
Edit3: Decided to add Tristam Legguards afterall, if you have too much hit (which is unlikely)
Edit4: Decided to add more hit items for swapping options. Also added 'rogue' items, days of struggling in 5 mans to get loot are long over. Removed some of the more subpar items to keep it clean
Last edited by Dunkelstein on 24 Apr 2016 14:55, edited 8 times in total.
Aka Funkelstein

Earendur

Re: Pre Raid Gear Updated for BWL

#2 » Post by Earendur » 11 Dec 2015 16:45

Wow, what a list! Thanks for posting this.

Dunkelstein

#3 » Post by Dunkelstein » 12 Dec 2015 23:41

Forgot to include drops like https://wotlk-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=22340 from the summoned D2 bosses!
I'll take a look at all their loot tables as soon as I find the time for it ^^
Aka Funkelstein

Dunkelstein

#4 » Post by Dunkelstein » 24 Feb 2016 09:56

D2 summoned bosses now included (Lord Valthalak, Kormok, Isalien, Mor Grayhoof)
Please reply if you find any useful items missing!
Aka Funkelstein