Survival PvP pets

Nyaneve

Survival PvP pets

#1 » Post by Nyaneve » 06 May 2014 04:52

Its been nearly 2 years since I actually played a hunter. I just transferred mine from my previous server and like the topic says, I'm wondering which are the best pets for SV PvP.

Currently I have a spider for the ensnare ability. I'm also pondering either a hyena or a bird of prey for 1v1 and arenas, due to the slow and disarm respectively. I guess I could also try a crab or ravager, just looking for opinions here.

Naljs

Re: Survival PvP pets

#2 » Post by Naljs » 06 May 2014 06:08

Crab best PvP pet IMO! :)
"I have resolved never to start an unjust war, but never to end a legitimate one except by defeating my enemies."
King Charles XII of Sweden (1682-1718)
Yes, I know there is a special place in Hell for me.
It's called a Throne.

jemboy

#3 » Post by jemboy » 06 May 2014 07:17

Hyena snare too long CD to be worth it IMO. Crab Intervene is great against melees, intervening Cheap Shot, Mortal Strike, Aimed Shot and others could be game-changing. Ravager against casters are nice for the additional interrupt you can use even while CC'd.

ItchyVortex

#4 » Post by ItchyVortex » 06 May 2014 13:36

A bird of prey disarm can save your life in this server flooded of warriors.
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

Boxis
Donor

#5 » Post by Boxis » 06 May 2014 14:34

Overall crab is best but he is mainly used because it is only tenacity pet that is viable in PvP > means he survives a lot and I mean really lot. (and also because of abovementioned intervene)
But, well, I dont recommend to use it because pets still dont have resilience and they dont have as much hp as they are supposed to have. So even crab will get 2 shot here.
So basically I would go with ravager or spider and choose between those 2.

Spider
- Duels vs melees
- Arenas with healer

Ravager:
- Duels vs casters and sub rogue
- Arenas as 2xDPS

For BG you can choose any of them, but maybe Ravager will be better overall.
If you know who you meet in arena then you can change between them, like spider vs warrior healer, ravager vs mage priest and so, but you must be certainly sure who you get in that specific arena.