Agil scaled correctly?

smegged

Agil scaled correctly?

#1 » Post by smegged » 22 Mar 2014 09:09

...not sure how to start this...

From what I remember of retail wotlk (as that's when I stopped playing) for rogues, hunters and one other class 1gaility = 2 ap/rap
from what I remember only bm spec'd ap gems as it helps the pet more, I've recently enchanted my 2 weps with 26agil with an Rap increase of 30 and 31 this revelation has made me rethink my whole gem outfit.

I play surv spec, always have done, think it rules :D ...surv is build upon agil and I'm convinced the scaling / calcutions are off on this.
can anyone help confirm any of this?

Smegster, 70tauren.

Anselmo
Former Staff

Re: Agil scaled correctly?

#2 » Post by Anselmo » 22 Mar 2014 09:20

-Hunters
1 Agility will now grant 1 Ranged Attack Power.
http://wowpedia.org/Patch_2.0.1

You also got Lightning Reflexes being survival, that's where extra attack power from enchant comes from.

Boxis
Donor

#3 » Post by Boxis » 22 Mar 2014 09:26

Hunters get 1AP per 1Agility.It is some kind of compensation because it also adds a little to crit rating,dodge and armor.
http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/200 ... -level-80/

innocentguy

#4 » Post by innocentguy » 22 Mar 2014 10:29

1 AP per Agility is correct for WotLK.
No one is simply entitled to anything in this world.
Whatever you want, you have to earn, be it money, respect or love.
[/color]
My Innocents:

Innocentguy - Priest ( Shadow / Discipline )
Innocence - Shaman ( Elemental / Restoration )
InnocentIcon - Death Knight ( Blood {Tank} / Unholy {DPS} )
Innocentshot - Hunter ( Marksmanship / Survival )
Innocentone - Druid ( Restoration / Feral {DPS} )
Innocenthope - Paladin ( Retribution / Holy )
~ In the end, Innocence is Brilliant ~

smegged

#5 » Post by smegged » 22 Mar 2014 17:53

well thanks guys, not the news I was expecting, I always remember it being different to that....

I found this on wiki, I am also trying to find patch notes for wotlk because when I played retail I made a point of reading it and every change they did (like a nerd) and I'm sure it was mentioned in that. Alright :x

I've conceded looks like Ap gems and enchants now...

◾Increases attack power with ranged weapons (not including wands) or melee weapons for certain classes. ◾Warriors and rogues gain 1 ranged attack power for each point of agility.
◾Hunters gain 2 ranged attack power for each point of agility.
◾Rogues, shamans and druids in Cat Form and Bear Form gain 2 melee attack power per point of agility.
◾Hunters gain 1 melee attack power per point of agility.

◾Increases chance to score a critical hit with a weapon.
◾Increases chance to dodge attacks. This is dependent on both class and level, in fact death knights, paladins and warriors don't.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Agility#Agility

Hunter

Before patch 2.0.1, hunters received 2 Ranged AP per agility, whereas now they receive 1 RAP per agility. Some of this loss was made up for in AP increases from items. The reason given for this change was to keep agility from being the be-all and end-all of hunter stats, allowing for flexibility into intellect or stamina without sacrificing a large amount of AP. However, this is slated to be changed back to 2 AP along with the release of Cataclysm.

After Patch 3.0.2, hunters can gain RAP from intellect or/and stamina by Survival and Marksmanship Talent. (See [Careful Aim] and [Hunter vs. Wild])

As of Patch 4.0.6, hunters receive 2 Ranged AP per agility again. Beast Mastery hunters gain a 25% bonus (was 15% with Patch 4.0.1) to their total AP through the summary talent [Animal Handler].

http://wowpedia.org/Attack_power#Hunter

Anselmo
Former Staff

#6 » Post by Anselmo » 22 Mar 2014 17:58

Correct, as we're not on 4.0.6 old formula applies.