BeastLolstery

areyoubananas

BeastLolstery

#1 » Post by areyoubananas » 25 Oct 2013 15:14

Is anything being planned about fixing Beast Mastery? Especially regarding pet damage, Beastial Wrath, anddddd Wild Hunt?

Oh, and pet's sizes.

In overall, class bugs should be looked after first, as it would make the gameplay much more diverse, both PVE and PVP wise. I know I can't wait to have it fixed and play it like I used to when pet's sizes and damage were fine..

Oh and I think - maybe I'm mistaken - that the 3% increase to all damage is also bugged.

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

Re: BeastLolstery

#2 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 25 Oct 2013 23:18

good question and I would like to point out that most spells and talents require modification of the core, which needs to be done by trinity core...

sure if our devs KNEW how to fix them, they could add the temporary fixes, but they would be deleted upon a core update, and I know devs avoid doing scripting like this only for it to be deleted with a core update

the ones who should fix these problems are the devs at trinity core, so that when we get a core update, we get all the nice fixes

also your topic isn't THAT descriptive about the bugs you encountered...
for example you are missing links to spells, talents, discussions about the tree itself, coeficients, screenshots of testing with and without the talent, the dmg modifiers, debuffs, buffs, extra procs

but maybe if you look on the trinity core forums, maybe you can find something regarding BM hunter bugs, and see if they are actually working on them, or they just pushed them asside in their futile attempt at fixing gunship
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Myaoming
Former Staff

#3 » Post by Myaoming » 26 Oct 2013 12:16

blacklustersoldier wrote:good question and I would like to point out that most spells and talents require modification of the core, which needs to be done by trinity core...

sure if our devs KNEW how to fix them, they could add the temporary fixes, but they would be deleted upon a core update, and I know devs avoid doing scripting like this only for it to be deleted with a core update

the ones who should fix these problems are the devs at trinity core, so that when we get a core update, we get all the nice fixes
Fixes done by our Devs don't really get deleted with TC core updates if it's prevented, and that's what's being done all the time.

I'm afraid to say that I trust our fixes more than Trinity's :D
blacklustersoldier wrote:also your topic isn't THAT descriptive about the bugs you encountered...
for example you are missing links to spells, talents, discussions about the tree itself, coeficients, screenshots of testing with and without the talent, the dmg modifiers, debuffs, buffs, extra procs
^ this.
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

areyoubananas

#4 » Post by areyoubananas » 26 Oct 2013 15:44

yeah all that's missing, I'm asking it outloud, everyone knows beast mastery is bugged, no need rocket science proof to prove it per se, but I'll test it out and screen it, adding the spell links if necessary

areyoubananas

#5 » Post by areyoubananas » 26 Oct 2013 17:52

Okay I took my time with this, and although I'm no expert, I'll do my best to lay out the problem as it is, and make sure all the details are here so you'll actually know what I'm talking about.

First thing I noticed that was wrong with hunter pets, was thsi very crutial talent in their talent tree:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Wild_Hunt

Note current pet's health before spending any point in Wild Hunt

http://imageshack.us/a/img593/5696/1t1n.jpg

and after:

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/9692/6wm4.jpg

As a Beast Master, it's essential that this talent is working, because as the tooltip describes, not only stamina, but the attackpower strongly increases, which should make things much more interesting pve and pvp wise :twisted:

However, this was not the only thing I noticed while doing these little experiments. After reaching Orgrimmar I sent my pet on his own against the dummy and see what sort of damage he can pull on his own. Yes, pet's attack power is based on hunters'.

http://imageshack.us/a/img189/4953/u652.jpg

As you can see, the damage is ridiculous to say the very least. His Critical hits were pending around the 800-900 values, which should be his normal hits. Now I know I'm no geek, and I have no idea of what the coefficients and calculus used to prove my point are, but I know for a fact that the current damage is super reduced and in no way reflects the potential Beast Mastery has.

In any case, this type of problem could be associated with Unleashed Fury - http://www.wowwiki.com/Unleashed_Fury

Just like Wild Hunt, this very crutial talent in the Beast Mastery tree is either not working at all, which explains why the pet is doing such a low amount of damage, OR it's working to a point where the pet's damage is not as obsolete. But I'll still go with the first option, that it is not working at all.

Regarding everything else, i.e. Cobra Strikes - http://www.wowhead.com/spell=53260/cobra-strikes - and a few other talents that make Beast Mastery what it's worth, everything's as it should be.

However there's one more thing that is very wrong with pets. And that is, of course, pet's sizes. I should've tamed a devilsaur so you could know what I'm actually talking about, but I found on github somewhere a thread regarding this issue https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/issues/1744 and although it's an old topic, it's still open, and I've seen TrueWow has the same issue.
Before the merge, back on Spermik, we had proper pet sizes and Beast Mastery working to almost a full extent, thanks to Demian and his scripting, which made Dalaran full of hunters with Rhinos and Devilsaurs. Sadly, they all think pet size increases it's damage, but it's all for looks. And looks go a long way!

In any case, I hope this was enough to prove a point and have someone look at this issue in a more serious manner, I would absolutely love if Beast Mastery was working, since there's a million and one hunters out there and they all have the same goddamn spec, it's boring and dull. Not to mention it is still my favourite spec, and it sucks seeing it totally destroyed and neglected.

ItchyVortex

#6 » Post by ItchyVortex » 18 Dec 2013 19:30

Just tested the wild hunt talent, the attack power part is also COMPLETELY broken, it does nothing.
Why will i play BM and be affected by negative bugs when chimera shot has positive bugs.
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

Boxis
Donor

#7 » Post by Boxis » 19 Dec 2013 09:44

ItchyVortex wrote:Just tested the wild hunt talent, the attack power part is also COMPLETELY broken, it does nothing.
Why will i play BM and be affected by negative bugs when chimera shot has positive bugs.
seems pretty working to me(both hp and ap),remember to resummon your pet after you put points into dmg/stat increase talents.

ItchyVortex

#8 » Post by ItchyVortex » 19 Dec 2013 13:41

Didnt knew you had to resummon pet for it to take effect.
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

Kniteknite

#9 » Post by Kniteknite » 26 Jan 2014 12:30

Not sure if this is a connected issue, but a few pets will apear after You dismount and their hp will not be full, but lose 2k or so . Noticed it on ravager ~
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

vytrenis

#10 » Post by vytrenis » 19 Nov 2014 11:15

Main BM hunter pets talents are buged.. Animal Handler 5/10proc pet AP increase is buged. Ferocious inspiration aura sometimes work, sometimes no. And Wild Hunt is totaly buged...

Naljs

#11 » Post by Naljs » 19 Nov 2014 14:54

Kniteknite wrote:Not sure if this is a connected issue, but a few pets will apear after You dismount and their hp will not be full, but lose 2k or so . Noticed it on ravager ~
This is when you have a stamina buff on yourself, the pet will have bonus increase from your maximum stamina but will keep it's standard health, resulting in same thing as when you receive the buff yourself.

But yea I can add that a wrathful BM hunter's pet can't break my sacred shield, which is a huuuge damage loss for them.
"I have resolved never to start an unjust war, but never to end a legitimate one except by defeating my enemies."
King Charles XII of Sweden (1682-1718)
Yes, I know there is a special place in Hell for me.
It's called a Throne.