Boomkin PvE questions

grungelord

Boomkin PvE questions

#1 » Post by grungelord » 17 Aug 2015 11:43

What build are PvE boomkins currently running? I've inspected every 60 boomy I've come across and they all seem to have surprisingly varied talent builds (some were downright dumb). I'm currently running this build:

http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#0xG0uiIoIdZZbxckb

I had 3/3 in Intensity but dropped 2 points plus 1 point from Imp Moonfire to pick up Celestial Focus. Is that worth it? Will I go oom in raids without the regen while casting? Celestial focus only reduces Starfire's cast by 0.09 which isn't a whole lot of dps gain for 3 points. Maybe swap out Celestial focus for Imp Insect Swarm?

Also does anyone have any solid stat weights for dps druids on this server? I'd like to know the value of crit relative to spell power and also how int compares to the two in terms of usefulness. Right now I'm sort of appropriating the 3.3.5 level 80 Boomkin stat priority but that won't be very accurate for 60s.

.ithril11

Re: Boomkin PvE questions

#2 » Post by .ithril11 » 17 Aug 2015 13:22

http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#0xG0uqsssdZZbxcub

Here is what I would use. I feel like 3% crit on your starfire is too valuable to pass, much like the mana from intensity. If you experiment with it and feel you aren't suffering from mana issues, remove points from intensity one by one at first and put them into the celestial focus.

Bergstien

#3 » Post by Bergstien » 17 Aug 2015 15:00

Currently running

http://www.truewow.org/armory/talentcal ... ,0,0,0,0,0

With my current spec and I rarely oom out in MC

I will be looking to drop points from intensity as my crit rate improves, as crits get us pretty much 2% mana every time. I’d probably switch them to master shapeshifter, or move them to the balance tree.

Improved insect swarm is a must, You’ll always have both DoTs on, so 3% crit on wrath and starfire is a no brainer.

Peacecraft

#4 » Post by Peacecraft » 17 Aug 2015 19:40

Btw slight correction for Improved Insect Swarm the increase in crit chance by 3% only applies to Starfire, for Wrath its a 3% damage increase as such it is quite a nice dmg boost to booth spells.

Owlcapwn

#5 » Post by Owlcapwn » 18 Aug 2015 00:33

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there was a special reason you guys put a point in nature's splendor? To my knowledge it only increases the length of the spell and not the dmg, which lowers your dps. I only tested it on rejuvenation though, so I might be wrong on the others.

gecko32

#6 » Post by gecko32 » 18 Aug 2015 01:08

Add a extra tick and allows you to cast more starfire over the course of a fight.

Indicted

#7 » Post by Indicted » 18 Aug 2015 01:41

This is currently my talent setup.

If you have any questions let me know.

http://www.truewow.org/armory/talentcal ... ,0,0,0,0,0
A Forbidden Love, Star-crossed Lovers
Repel Image and Image Cakrin

Repel - 60 Druid
<Maple Syrup>

.Liebe

#8 » Post by .Liebe » 27 Aug 2015 15:35

Yet to find a moonkin who wasn't a retard including this topic.

Spec this and nothing else.

http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#0xGouVcRIdZZbxcub

If you're good on mana, take a point out of Intensity, and put it into Imp. Insect Swarm.

If you are still great on mana, start putting points into Celestial Focus.

Use fucking mana potions and flasks.

Stat prio: spell dmg > crit > haste

+ whatever good item with hit you can get your hands on

"Thank you, Liebe." - You

If you disagree: shut up, your opinion is worth exactly nothing.

PS: If you can't understand that 4% dmg from Master Spellshifter is amazing, go delete this game and generally try to avoid computers/any kind of complex machinery. You clearly belong into an institution.

PPS: Same goes for every pretentious cunt playing moonkin "for fun" while maining resto. Swear to fucking God, I once saw a moonkin with just one point in Celestial Wrath who gave that exact "explanation". She (it's always a girl) was a member of some raiding guild that's proud about their Ragnaros kill, too.

Bergstien

#9 » Post by Bergstien » 29 Aug 2015 15:00

Liebe, if you want to provide advice and constructive criticism, please do so, but if you need to have a cry about something, call a helpline, don't rage at people anonymously on a game forum.

As for you comments,
If you're good on mana, take a point out of Intensity, and put it into Imp. Insect Swarm.
If you are still great on mana, start putting points into Celestial Focus.
Yep agreed, if mana's not an issue points out of intensity
Use fucking mana potions and flasks.
Yes, anyone who raids already knows this, no need to get angry.
Stat prio: spell dmg > crit > haste
Not sure where the haste is coming from (bar the celestial focus), based on pre tbc items. Personally, I'd rate it as SP > Int > Crit while maintaining as much +hit as possible.
PS: If you can't understand that 4% dmg from Master Spellshifter is amazing, go delete this game and generally try to avoid computers/any kind of complex machinery. You clearly belong into an institution.
Master shapeshifter is good, no one was saying otherwise, so why the butthurt about it? Personally, looking at the spec you posted, I'd prefer having increased range/reduced threat from natures reach, than the additional 4% damage. I'm sure your raid tank would appreciate this.
PPS: Same goes for every pretentious cunt playing moonkin "for fun" while maining resto. Swear to fucking God, I once saw a moonkin with just one point in Celestial Wrath who gave that exact "explanation". She (it's always a girl) was a member of some raiding guild that's proud about their Ragnaros kill, too.
Not sure which talent you're referring to and you come across as though girls have said no to you once too many.

Should I brace myself for a tide of insults?