Dreamstate Raid Healing Druid "Guide" UPDATED

.ithril11

Dreamstate Raid Healing Druid "Guide" UPDATED

#1 » Post by .ithril11 » 24 Jul 2015 15:12

DISCLAIMER
This post is currently a work in progress! As the game is going to keep transforming as new content is put out! BWL incoming!

Introduction

Druids on Primal-WoW are very strong, and are considered often considered the best healer option in-game, with other classes closing in quickly as they get more gear. With the current design of the healing debuff, healers are required to use more mana per health healed. As such the vast amount of mana regeneration druids receive through talents, and the base healing values of Druid spells makes them one of the best (plus a battle rez never hurt).

This guide is going to focus on the Mp5 Dreamstate build I have tested thoroughly in many MCs with top-end players. My original goal was to stack as much Mp5 as possible, and while the core idea is still there I've come to some conclusions on what exactly player should be aiming for in current content. This will be reassessed come BWL.

Talents

Dreamstate Restoration

http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#0VGcuoIohZZfVouMub

Notable talents in the Balance Tree:

- 3% Spell Haste
- 12% of Intellect as Spellpower
- 10% of Intellect as Mp5

Notable changes in that tree are the single extra point you have, I throw that in the Balance threat reduction talent because of Innervate actually generating threat. I max Bramble to put on Thorns on tanks however you could put 2 points into the Balance threat reduction talent to further mitigate innervate threat.

Notable talents in the Restoration Tree

- 50% mana regeneration continues while casting.
- 15% Rejuvenation increase.

Why is Dreamstate Better?

A while back, Swiftmend in the restoration talent tree was bugged and ignored the healing debuff limitations set by Prime and his team. As such it was incredibly competitive with Dreamstate, offering slightly less in terms of overall healing but providing a powerful “panic button” should things go south rather quickly. This was changed in a more recent patch, now Swiftmend is also changed by the healing debuff and as such Dreamstate pulls very far ahead in efficiency.

This changes itemization heavily, and as such below I'll include a BiS list, that as always, is not a set of requirements... But rather just a list of guidelines to maximize your efficiency.

Stats

Currently there seems to be two schools of thought regarding healing gear itemization for all classes. Mp5 vs Spellpower, the whole never-ending argument of short bursts of big heals vs continuous smaller heals.

Mp5 vs Spellpower

In Vanilla players had the ability to down rank, cast lower ranked version of their healing spells to increase efficiency. These spells would be modified by spellpower just as effectively as their higher ranked counter-parts so healers could itemize less for mana regeneration and more for spellpower. However, WOTLK removed down-ranking reducing mana costs, so it forces you to use the max rank spell.

This server however is special in the fact that it is a WOTLK client, with the down-ranking changes but without the passive mana regeneration from Replenishment and other skills. Add on top of that the current healing debuff which makes spellpower way worse than normal and you have a recipe for a harder healing environment where mana is king (which is great!).

Stat Priority

Now with all the preliminary explanation out of the way here is the TLDR version of it.

Spirit > Mp5 > Intellect > Haste > Spellpower > Crit

Spirit is 4 to 1 mp5 with Intensity
Intellect is ~10 to 1 mp5

Spirit and Mp5 are very close together, Spirit edges out Mp5 very slightly because of the mechanics of Intensity and the fact that it scales with buffs. But the thing they both have in common is; GIEF MORE MANA REGEN.

TIP: I've estimated ~7-8 spellpower is worth one mp5 for pre-raid healers. As you get more gear this number goes down, but for what I've listed it's pretty accurate I think.

How Much Mp5 is Enough?

Like in all parts of life, too much of a good thing can end up being bad for you. In this case Mp5 can become poisonous if you sacrifice too much spellpower for it. It's the idea of throughput. While this section is going to be some more advanced theorycrafting specifically targeted for very well raid (T1+ etc) geared healers.

The current train of thought I have is that 275-300 Mp5 raid buffed is the current target for all Druid healers. After you hit this mark you are able to focus on throughput (spellpower). This is of course for MC, for Onyxia you're wanting be at 300 Mp5 no exceptions, I think this will carry into BWL.

When making these decisions, I believe the player has to look forwards toward the progression content, rather than the meters of the now. BWL fights will be long, and bosses will be smacking your tanks for amounts nearly untankable... As such player should amass a set of gear for both spellpower and Mp5 focus.

What About Dropping Talent Points in Dreamstate?

Once again this section is for highly geared, T1+ druids who are at the ~290+ Mp5 in combat threshold.

To achieve 3/3 Dreamstate, we as Druids sacrifice raw increased healing. Removing one, or even two points as gear gets better from Dreamstate, and gaining 2-4% raw healing output may be more valuable than changing your gearing patterns. However I can assure you that you will always have atleast one point in Dreamstate for a long while to come.

As for specific breakpoints when you can look into Dreamstate talent point reduction? I'd say about 325+. Unbuffed I have ~330 intellect which equates to 33 Mp5. Raid buffed that number only goes up. Sacrificing 3% of that, lowering it down to about ~23 Mp5 unbuffed in exchange for 2% overall healing may begin to be an attractive choice.

However I don't foresee this happening for a while to come. Food for thought eh?

Pre-Raid BiS

Consolidated into a spreadsheet for convenience, has item links too!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =129852168

As a bonus I've included a work in progress BiS list for the other popular healing classes. Shaman/Paladin are one in the same.

On Darkmoon Necklace: While the Darkmoon Necklace offers a raw 8 Mp5, Jewled Amulet scales with kings and as such may end up being superior. Will run more tests when it releases, and am open to changing the list.

Special thanks for Mazzuru for compiling a list of locations since Open-WoW doesn't clarify on some pieces. Changes have been made to the document.

Ending Notes

Armory: http://www.primalwow.org/armory/charact ... Disconnect
Last edited by Guest on 13 Nov 2015 09:10, edited 11 times in total.

.ithril11

Re: Dreamstate Raid Healing Druid "Guide"

#2 » Post by .ithril11 » 24 Jul 2015 15:32

THESE METERS ARE OF JULY 24. UPDATED METERS WILL BE COMING THE 19TH AFTER RAID.
Ragnaros - Fight Duration ~11 minutes.

Majordomo - Fight duration ~4 minutes.

Golemagg - Fight Duration ~6 minutes

Shazzrah - Fight Duration ~3 minutes

Baron Geddon - Fight Duration N/A (To be added)

Garr - Fight Duration N/A (To be added)

Gehennas - Fight Duration ~3 minutes

Magmadar - Fight Duration ~3 minutes

Lucifron - Fight Duration ~4 minutes

Remember this BiS list, the spec and other things are open to discussion. I wanted to use this as a springboard for an in-depth look at healing and mp5 on Primal-WoW in general!
Last edited by Guest on 15 Aug 2015 13:45, edited 5 times in total.

applesand1

#3 » Post by applesand1 » 25 Jul 2015 18:41

I'm interested in seeing your meters! It's very interesting to me to see alternate specs. I hope it works out well, because that'll make our class more interesting! ^_^

Growth

.ithril11

#4 » Post by .ithril11 » 28 Jul 2015 06:16

Meters added, was waiting to get Skada meters because they are more accurate and include absorbs!

PS: Shadowmeld drink was only used on Golemagg, and we killed it as I was drinking. RIP.

ddod

#5 » Post by ddod » 28 Jul 2015 09:41

Its sad just how unfair the healing debuff is to Shamans and Paladins. Everytime you press the Swiftmend or PWS button is like "FU Shamys/Palas, go cry in a corner."

.ithril11

#6 » Post by .ithril11 » 28 Jul 2015 09:50

I do not use Swiftmend, as such I am under the same limitations yo. Read the guide before commenting.

applesand1

#7 » Post by applesand1 » 01 Aug 2015 20:26

So it looks like Swiftmend has been nerfed, so Dreamstate should be the best healing spec now. I'm running MC today and I'll do Dreamstate to see for myself how well it does. ^_^

Growth

.ithril11

#8 » Post by .ithril11 » 04 Aug 2015 06:20

Congratulations to the <Maple Syrup> team that killed Ragnaros today! First legit Rag on server.

Some edits will be coming to the guide in the next few days. Going to be busy until the weekend with finals coming up.

Bergstien

#9 » Post by Bergstien » 08 Aug 2015 20:36

Nice guide

Can you show the formula you've used to work out the pre-raid BiS.

I'm under the impression that the following formula is being used to determine mana regen. Unfortunately due to it taking into account your current spirit/intellect and scaling with it, I've been getting some varying differences in what would be best

Mp5 = (0.001 + (SPI x sqrt(INT) x 0.010999)) x 5

Going from overall stats of 150 intellect and 100 spirit as a starting point, the helm below is about 5 Mp5 above the eye of flame. Albeit about 12 SP less and no fire rez. Would a new raider be better off with the higher Mp5?

The Postmaster's Band
http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=13390

.ithril11

#10 » Post by .ithril11 » 10 Aug 2015 01:04

No formulas used tbh, this is my first time playing a Vanilla server so a lot of gear is simply unknown to me. The Postmaster's Band you've linked it the perfect example of that. In addition to the mp5 increase you'd also see more raw mana from the intellect on that piece so it ends up being stat-wise more powerful than the Eye of Flame.

I think where Eye of Flame becomes useful is that it provides the fire resistance albeit a small amount, and that it's fairly easy to get. I think I'm going to be editing the guide a lot today anyways with some more specifics now that I've seen a bit more raiding and I'll include all the options I've been told over the past few weeks. Though the postmasters is about ~17-19 spellpower less depending on break points. I think the number I've had in my head is about ~7 SP is worth one mp5.

lanrien

#11 » Post by lanrien » 14 Aug 2015 01:02

My god was I dissapointed on the swiftmend, sure nerf it, but man is it worthless, 200 mana to consume a hot and then recast the hot (granted u want to use swiftmend at last second so u have to reapply regardless, but its just another thing on ur mind to keep u busy), and at my current gear, around 230'ish spellpower i believe, it healed for 433...

Pathetic...

What I do miss from that "classic" build is the extra healing on healing touch and the extremely underated utility of having a huge crit buff on regrowth, which helps cast regrowth/healing touch MUCH MUCH faster thanks to the haste buff, other than that swiftmend is pretty much worthless, 15 sec cd, 200 mana cost for a lousy 400-600 heal which means nothing with the damage taken nowadays.

Its only gracing salvation its that it is instant cast, but so far, non-raiding content-wise, not worth it at all, respec'd asap to this one, i'll see how it goes.

mazzuru

#12 » Post by mazzuru » 14 Aug 2015 15:39

Hello everyone,

Because OpenWoW or whatever has such a shitty database(you can see who drops the item, but not in which dungeon they are) I decided to create a list of how and where to obtain these items. I have also added some alternative(s) for the BoE(Bind on Equip) items. The :tick: items are the best choices.
Ithril11, you can use this information to put into the main article of this topic;)

Head:
----Eye of flame: Auction House :tick:
----Helm of the new Moon: Cannon Master Willey(Stratholme){alternative 1}
----Crimson Felt Hat: Rammstein the Gorger(Stratholme){alternative 2}

Necklace:
----Jeweled Amulet of Cainwyn: Auction House :tick:
----Tooth of Gnarr: General Drakkisath(Upper Blackrock Spire){alternative 1}
----Animated Chain Necklace: Rammstein the Gorger(Stratholme){alternative 2}

Shoulders:
----Mantle of Lost Hope: Lord Roccor(Blackrock Depths) :tick:

Back:
----Hide of the Wild(Leatherworking or Auction House){recipe can be in Knot Thimblejack’s Cache in Dire Maul} :tick:
----Cloak of the Cosmos: Immolthar(Dire Maul){alternative 1}

Chest:
----Mindsurge Robes: Gordok Tribute(Dire Maul) :tick:

Bracers:
----Bracers of Prosperity: King Gordok(Diremaul) :tick:

Gloves:
----Hands of the Exalted Herald: High Priestess of Thaurissan OR Princess Moira Bronzebeard(Blackrock Depths) :tick:

Belt:
----Sash of Mercy(Auction House) :tick:
----Dustfeather Sash: Solakar Flamewreath(Upper Blackrock Spire){alternative 1}
----Whipvine Cord: Alzzin the Wildshaper(Dire Maul){alternative 2}

Pants:
----Padre’s Trousers: Illyanna Ravenoak(Dire Maul) :tick:

Boots:
----Faith Healer’s Boots: Warchief Rend Blackhand(Upper Blackrock Spire) :tick:

Rings:
----2x Maiden’s Circle (Auction House){can be dropped by A LOT of different creatures and chests} :tick:

Trinkets:
----2x Mindtap Talisman: Magister Kalendris (Dire Maul) :tick:

2h Weapon:
----Staff of Hale Magefire: Auction House{ can be dropped by A LOT of different creatures in high-lvl dungeons} :tick:
----Staff of Metanoia: Jandice Barov(Scholomance)

1h Weapon:
----Black Crystal Dagger(Quest in Silithus) :tick:

Off-Hand:
----Cloud Stone: Landslide(Maraudon){my choice, because I think 5 int dominates 5 stam} :tick:
----Thaurissan’s Royal Scepter: Emperor Dagran Thaurissan(Blackrock Depths){Ithrils choice}

If something is missing or wrong information, please tell me.

Greetings,
Mazzuru

.ithril11

#13 » Post by .ithril11 » 15 Aug 2015 13:49

lanrien wrote:My god was I dissapointed on the swiftmend, sure nerf it, but man is it worthless, 200 mana to consume a hot and then recast the hot (granted u want to use swiftmend at last second so u have to reapply regardless, but its just another thing on ur mind to keep u busy), and at my current gear, around 230'ish spellpower i believe, it healed for 433...

Pathetic...

What I do miss from that "classic" build is the extra healing on healing touch and the extremely underated utility of having a huge crit buff on regrowth, which helps cast regrowth/healing touch MUCH MUCH faster thanks to the haste buff, other than that swiftmend is pretty much worthless, 15 sec cd, 200 mana cost for a lousy 400-600 heal which means nothing with the damage taken nowadays.

Its only gracing salvation its that it is instant cast, but so far, non-raiding content-wise, not worth it at all, respec'd asap to this one, i'll see how it goes.
It seems to be rough times for full Restoration friend! Come join us on the Darkside, we have cookies!

In all seriousness, Swiftmend is massively worse now that it is healing debuffed. And while I may disagree with you on the utility levels of the Regrowth crit I do think it is a shame that we are locked into one spec, no matter how fun it is.

Rejuvs up friends!

@Mazzuru, thanks for the detailed post for those who are unable to find the location of the mobs.

PS: DONE MAJOR EDITING TO THE GUIDE. MORE TO COME OVER THE NEXT FEW WEEKS, ESPECIALLY HEADING INTO ZG/ONY.

.ithril11

Re: Dreamstate Raid Healing Druid "Guide" UPDATED

#14 » Post by .ithril11 » 13 Nov 2015 09:10

Updated nonsense. I'll try to find some time to get some meters collected for Ony/MC etc all updated for my current gear.

agrodon

Re: Dreamstate Raid Healing Druid "Guide" UPDATED

#15 » Post by agrodon » 13 Nov 2015 10:25

REJUVENATION ONLY

During a 10 minute fight, assuming:
  • 8000 mana pool
  • 3 innervates (2790 mana each)
  • 2 mana tides: (2400 mana each)
  • Healing debuff is active
  • Double mana costs
You would have a total available mana of:
250 mp5: 51,170
300 mp5: 57,170

Your rejuvenation ticks for: (+total)
412 SP: 167 (1002)
512 SP: 187 (1122)
(Dreamstate (nightelf?) druids start with 12 SP from int, so this is +400/+500 SP)

With 250 mp5 and 512 SP, you would be able to heal for 141,372
With 300 mp5 and 412 SP, you would be able to heal for 141,282

Indicating that with these values ~2 spellpower is worth 1 mp5.

Keep in mind:
This is just for rejuvenation.
Mp5 allows you to heal more targets.
This does not take overhealing into account.