DRUID: Balance vs Feral - What should I pick?

jesermay

DRUID: Balance vs Feral - What should I pick?

#1 » Post by jesermay » 09 Feb 2011 15:42

Hey Guys,

I've recently achieved level 11 on my druid, Jesermay, and I am at a loss whether I should pick Balance or Feral. What are the pros and cons of those talent trees? What are the characteristics of those talent trees? I am at a loss as to which one I should pick, as I like spell casting as well as beast form. For example, I will turn into a bear if I am fighting an opponent that is a few levels higher than me, or if I am being ganged up on. However, usually, I will just cast spells and kill most opponents without them touching me.

Can you guys please help me decipher the pros and cons of both talent trees and the characteristics of both talent trees so that I can make an informed decision?

Thanks,

Jeremy Reid

P.S. Is it possible to get 2 talent trees full by level 80? - or, perhaps, 1 and 1/2 talent trees full by level 80?

Matsy

Re: DRUID: Balance vs Feral - What should I pick?

#2 » Post by Matsy » 09 Feb 2011 16:33

Hello there fellow druid.

For leveling purposes...feral is much better earlier on.
Balance doesnt come into play until you get moonkin form because of mana issues.
As a feral you wont have any downtime and you can blow through mobs with ease.

Once you reach a high enough level for moonkin form, yes you can switch if you would like a different aspect on leveling. I leveled as a moonkin from 50-80, was hella fun.
Feral is still the better choice from 10-80 and its been proven, i just dont like it ;p

And yes it is, you can purchase duel talent's from your class trainer. You and spec into feral in one and one into balance and try each out. (This is available at level 40).
Matsy pls
Mats - Frost PVE Troll Death Knight - Retired
Matsy - Moonkin/Restoration Druid (Laz0r Chicken)
Mat - Beastmaster Orc Hunter
Matz -Retribution Paladin
Matu - Troll Shadow Priest
Bolts - Elemental Troll Shaman
Kungfu - Orc Fury Warrior
Trollage - Troll Arcane Mage
Mato - Orc Affliction Warlock
Findme - Troll Assassination Rogue

I Pity the Fool who's illogical
Friends are just people you hate the least
I reject your reality and substitute my own

jesermay

#3 » Post by jesermay » 09 Feb 2011 16:58

Thank you very much for your help, Matsy. I've decided I will use the feral talent tree and, when I'm level 40, I will get duel talent, using the balance talent tree.

Thanks a bunch!

Jeremy Reid ;)

Universe

#4 » Post by Universe » 26 Feb 2011 21:26

I would wait atleast level 60 before i go Boomkin spec. Because i dont want you to spoil the taste of more better caster gear which starts at level 60+ other then that, low level caster gear is hard to find..

Kraith
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Kraith » 27 Feb 2011 01:44

I wouldn't get dual spec at 40, unless you're an alt. Flying is WAY more important. You only need one spec until 80 or maybe 70s.
Kraith - RIP Maelstrom - 80 Troll Huntard
Retired GM, Inactive from game/forum

Dr. Who

#6 » Post by Dr. Who » 27 Feb 2011 17:40

i started has feral. than i reset my talents and got to resto to make dungeons.
after that i buyed the dual spec and i started balance and i'm loving it.
feral is good if you want tank in dungeon or raids (not gona happen) or if you are pvp player.
for dps pve balance rules.
You did a bad think? Does it affect me? No? Them Suffer in Silence.
You Crying now? You have no reason to cry, if some one cries is because they are sad.
For example,i cry because people are stupid what makes me sad.
And i'm not insane, my Mother had me tested.
by: "The Big Bang Theory -Sheldon Cooper"

Vasho

#7 » Post by Vasho » 28 Feb 2011 11:17

Kraith, you do realize that druids get free flying when they go and learn flight form from the trainer right?

Kraith
Former Staff

#8 » Post by Kraith » 28 Feb 2011 18:11

I meant swift flying
Kraith - RIP Maelstrom - 80 Troll Huntard
Retired GM, Inactive from game/forum

Dr. Who

#9 » Post by Dr. Who » 01 Mar 2011 00:50

Swift Flight Form you can get with 2 ways. buy at trainer at lv71 or do at lv70 the druid quest chain.
if you do the quest chain you get the feat of strength achievement Swift Flight Form and get Essence-Infused Moonstone to summon the Raven God Anzu in a heroic Sethekk Halls instance run.
You did a bad think? Does it affect me? No? Them Suffer in Silence.
You Crying now? You have no reason to cry, if some one cries is because they are sad.
For example,i cry because people are stupid what makes me sad.
And i'm not insane, my Mother had me tested.
by: "The Big Bang Theory -Sheldon Cooper"

Moza

#10 » Post by Moza » 19 Mar 2011 01:06

Hi there,,

Farel is also be pretty handy in BattleGrouns to capture the flag stealh+travel mode are awesome combi for that,, however it´s pretty annoying doing the same stuff over and over again but what the hell maybe that´s what you wanna do...

For me well i pretty much enjoy having the battle in hands,, so "Balance" is away better for that..

Ps. if you still low lvl (with low i mean below 60) i´d go for feral for lvling and than switch to Balance that is if you like to have the battle in onw hands (which is my case)...

Surrad

#11 » Post by Surrad » 24 Jul 2011 00:02

jesermay wrote:Hey Guys,

I've recently achieved level 11 on my druid, Jesermay, and I am at a loss whether I should pick Balance or Feral. What are the pros and cons of those talent trees? What are the characteristics of those talent trees? I am at a loss as to which one I should pick, as I like spell casting as well as beast form. For example, I will turn into a bear if I am fighting an opponent that is a few levels higher than me, or if I am being ganged up on. However, usually, I will just cast spells and kill most opponents without them touching me.

Can you guys please help me decipher the pros and cons of both talent trees and the characteristics of both talent trees so that I can make an informed decision?

Thanks,

Jeremy Reid

P.S. Is it possible to get 2 talent trees full by level 80? - or, perhaps, 1 and 1/2 talent trees full by level 80?
Well depends on your playstile. Do you like more casters and rangeds??? take Balance(FTW!!!) .
Do u like more melee ones ??? take Feral.