Self-healing not working in some low-level dungeons - bug or feature?

candre23
Donor

Self-healing not working in some low-level dungeons - bug or feature?

#1 » Post by candre23 » 15 Jun 2020 21:17

I've been running guildies' alts through low level dungeons on my lvl 66 DK and noticed that my self-healing abilities are very inconsistent. Healing effects from both blood presence and blood worms didn't seem work at all in stockades. In BFD blood worms healed occasionally and blood presence didn't work at all. Blood presence didn't work in gnomergan either, but blood worms were working pretty consistently.

I'm guessing there is some sort of level component at play, but it's not mentioned anywhere in the tooltips so I'm not sure if it's intentional or a bug. Should self-healing abilities be working against level 20-30 elite enemies as a 66 DK?

Axis
Senior Game Master

Re: Self-healing not working in some low-level dungeons - bug or feature?

#2 » Post by Axis » 15 Jun 2020 21:30

Most of those targets have so little HP that your self-healing won't have a chance to tick from your damage.
Abilities like Death Strike require diseases to be active on the target in order for it to heal you.
Most level 20-30 mobs will die in 1-2 hits at that level difference.

I'm not sure about Blood Presence as we haven't received any such complaint about it before.

Submit a bug report with screenshot evidence if this behavior persists on targets that live long enough to test this.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

candre23
Donor

#3 » Post by candre23 » 15 Jun 2020 21:37

I was also taking the opportunity to skill up my one-handed weapons. Between my low weapon skill and the level 20ish vendor whites I was using, I was doing so little damage that I was hitting level 30ish elite mobs 4-5 times before they died. Blood presence definitely wasn't working.

I'll see if I can get some combat log screenshots the next time I'm running a tour group.

Axis
Senior Game Master

#4 » Post by Axis » 15 Jun 2020 21:43

Just be sure you post them in a report on our bugtracker. This thread won't count as an actual report.
Activate access on the account manager page and access the bugtracker via the tools menu.
It uses your forum account information.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

candre23
Donor

#5 » Post by candre23 » 17 Jun 2020 01:37

Thanks. I went back to stocks and blood worms did appear to be working, but blood presence wasn't. Took some combat log screenshots and posted on the bugtracker. The ticket is here, in case anybody wants to watch for a resolution.