Leap+Petstay

Naljs

Leap+Petstay

#1 » Post by Naljs » 28 Mar 2016 17:53

So currently when you use Leap on a target and use /petstay while the pet is still mid air, the pet will just freeze mid air rather than stay when he lands. Do anyone know a good workaround for that, or am I stuck with keeping an eye on the Leap target?
Also do anyone know any workaround to make your pet able to Leap to yourself? I can't seem to get it to work. It starts running to me, and I can't use the Leap until it's really close to me, and then I only hear the sound and it goes on CD without doing anything.

EDIT: Nvm this edit thing. Solved a third issue.
Last edited by Naljs on 28 Mar 2016 19:04, edited 2 times in total.
"I have resolved never to start an unjust war, but never to end a legitimate one except by defeating my enemies."
King Charles XII of Sweden (1682-1718)
Yes, I know there is a special place in Hell for me.
It's called a Throne.

Vaen

Re: Leap+Petstay

#2 » Post by Vaen » 28 Mar 2016 18:17

Code: Select all

/cast [@whatever] leap
/petstay
works for me, but if you petstay manually it doesn't seem to work.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

Naljs

#3 » Post by Naljs » 28 Mar 2016 18:23

Yeah that's about what I'm using, but double tapping it makes the pet freeze mid air. Say if I want to cast it on party1 for x reason, pet is out of range so first press makes my pet run towards the target, and then I spam the button to make my pet Leap asap, but he suddenly stops mid air :(
"I have resolved never to start an unjust war, but never to end a legitimate one except by defeating my enemies."
It's called a Throne.

Vaen

#4 » Post by Vaen » 28 Mar 2016 19:17

Naljs wrote:Yeah that's about what I'm using, but double tapping it makes the pet freeze mid air. Say if I want to cast it on party1 for x reason, pet is out of range so first press makes my pet run towards the target, and then I spam the button to make my pet Leap asap, but he suddenly stops mid air :(
Actually I'm fairly sure first press would not make pet run to target because that pet "pathes" towards their target if it's out of range/not in LoS-behavior is not implemented in Truewow (it isn't for some friendly spells, but maybe it'd work for Leap since it can be cast on harmful targets too).

I'm not sure if there's anybody even working on this, but the whole deal with the ghoul pathing during leap is pretty awkward. On the other hand, I'm not sure how hard is to implement the pathing for pets that I just described but it really is just normal pathing.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

Naljs

#5 » Post by Naljs » 28 Mar 2016 19:36

Vaen wrote:
Naljs wrote:Yeah that's about what I'm using, but double tapping it makes the pet freeze mid air. Say if I want to cast it on party1 for x reason, pet is out of range so first press makes my pet run towards the target, and then I spam the button to make my pet Leap asap, but he suddenly stops mid air :(
Actually I'm fairly sure first press would not make pet run to target because that pet "pathes" towards their target if it's out of range/not in LoS-behavior is not implemented in Truewow (it isn't for some friendly spells, but maybe it'd work for Leap since it can be cast on harmful targets too).

I'm not sure if there's anybody even working on this, but the whole deal with the ghoul pathing during leap is pretty awkward. On the other hand, I'm not sure how hard is to implement the pathing for pets that I just described but it really is just normal pathing.
Hmm it seems you are right, I just have to constantly be aware of when I can use Leap so I don't do multiple attempts while moving in range.
It's really only Leap on myself I can't get to work then, and I don't see why it wouldn't work either.
It's called a Throne.