Unholy 3.3.5a BiS Lists

Crown

Unholy 3.3.5a BiS Lists

#1 » Post by Crown » 13 Mar 2015 15:35

Unholy 3.3.5a BiS Lists

Since I'm gathering items for Unholy as my OS, I have been doing some simulation work with it and decided to share faction BiS lists just like I did with Frost and Blood.

Talents and Glyphs: (0/17/54)

Professions: Superior professions for Unholy are, as expected, Engineering and Jewelcrafting and they are imported in these lists. (If you're missing one or both of these professions, I'd advise changing gems, rather than changing items.)

Potion: Potion of Speed

Food: Dragonfin Filet

Flask: Flask of Endless Rage

Final BiS for Wrath of the Lich King (Ruby Sanctum 25 Heroic loot included)

Few words about expertise.
Players who are experiencing higher latencies (roughly 500 and above) and have a non-orc character should aim for Skeleton Lord's Circle and Sanctified Scourgelord Legplates

While players who have same latency issues (500ms+) and have an orc character should go for Lana'thel's Chain of Flagellation and Skeleton Lord's Circle
Alliance BiS

Horde BiS
Last edited by Guest on 20 Aug 2016 10:56, edited 6 times in total.

Relina

Re: Unholy DPS BiS Lists

#2 » Post by Relina » 13 Mar 2015 17:04

Nice of you to take the time to post this :), should mention though till our pet scaling with haste changes is completely blizzlike the value of engineering is lowered on tw when compared to retail (though the state its in is a lot better than it used to be).
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Liqueur
Honorary Member

#3 » Post by Liqueur » 14 Mar 2015 11:09

Such a shame people don't really pick UH dps anymore. I will most certainly use this guide for my own DK when I start gearing her more seriously.

Oh, and Disc says - "Never put any JC gems in SM. If it gets disarmed, you lose stats. Put JC gems in other permanent slots." :)
Liqueur ~ level 80 Blood Elf Paladin (PvE Ret/PvP Holy)
Caffeine ~ level 80 Undead Warrior (Fury/Prot)
Narcotic ~ level 80 Undead Priest (Disc/Shadow)
Megalomaniac ~ level 80 Orc Death Knight (UH DPS/Frost-Blood hybrid tank)
Lemuria ~ level 80 Troll Hunter (MM/BM)
Daisy ~ level 80 Tauren Druid (Balance/Resto)
Eszti ~ level 80 Human Warlock (Destro/Affli)
Gummybear ~ level 80 Blood Elf Paladin (Holy/Prot)
Lazy ~ level 80 Troll Rogue (Combat)
Foamy ~ level 80 Troll Priest (Holy/Shadow)
Bloodcow ~ level 80 Tauren Death Knight (Blood Tank/Blood DPS)
Neuroticfish ~ level 80 Night Elf Druid (Feral Cat/Bear)
Soilbleed ~ level 80 Orc Shaman (Enha/Resto)
Anemia ~ level 80 Blood Elf Mage (Fire/FFB)
Rottenmaiden ~ level 60 Undead Warlock

Arockalypse
Donor

#4 » Post by Arockalypse » 14 Mar 2015 12:35

but JC Gems looks so much better on Legendary :|
Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

Vaen

#5 » Post by Vaen » 14 Mar 2015 12:58

Liqueur wrote:Such a shame people don't really pick UH dps anymore. I will most certainly use this guide for my own DK when I start gearing her more seriously.

Oh, and Disc says - "Never put any JC gems in SM. If it gets disarmed, you lose stats. Put JC gems in other permanent slots." :)
This isn't true: http://imgur.com/a/PqgSH
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

Crown

#6 » Post by Crown » 14 Mar 2015 13:13

Relina wrote:Nice of you to take the time to post this :), should mention though till our pet scaling with haste changes is completely blizzlike the value of engineering is lowered on tw when compared to retail (though the state its in is a lot better than it used to be).
While it's true that Engineering holds a slightly lower value relative to other stats due to the current trinity core pet bug, it's still a superior profession.
Closest I could get with that kind of test is to exclude pets from simulations. (Unticking "Use Pets(Ghoul,Gargoyle)")
Since Blacksmithing is the next viable choice, is is included in the tests.
Engineering (Current BiS list) vs. Blacksmithing (Different BiS list).

These are the results:
Engineering wins by ~63 DPS given that you use Global Thermal Sapper Charge/Saronite Bombs.
Without the usage of bombs, it wins by roughly 2 DPS.

Arockalypse
Donor

#7 » Post by Arockalypse » 14 Mar 2015 14:56

This is all you need to know

http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic/71 ... -anything/

Armor Penetration was replaced by Haste.
Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

Crown

#8 » Post by Crown » 19 Jun 2015 18:22

Final BiS for Wrath of the Lich King (Ruby Sanctum 25 Heroic loot included)

Few words about expertise.
Players who are experiencing higher latencies (roughly 500 and above) and have a non-orc character should aim for Skeleton Lord's Circle and Sanctified Scourgelord Legplates

While players who have same latency issues (500ms+) and have an orc character should go for Lana'thel's Chain of Flagellation and Skeleton Lord's Circle
Alliance BiS

Horde BiS

Sgthazard

#9 » Post by Sgthazard » 12 Jan 2016 01:34

Crown wrote:Talents and Glyphs: (0/17/54)
can you explain why to use Dark Death vs Disease please? I've played for quite some time and, though I've never done extensive testing such as this, i'd fair to say i have some experience.

with dark death, it would seem since your diseases would eventually fall off, you'd have to reapply them through their actual attacks, IT and PS, then 1 SS. Where as if you just use pestilence to refresh them, you'd get two SS. perhaps i'm missing something, but Disease just seems like more DPS to me.
Eagle Death Knight
Fenix Death Knight
Hazard Warrior
Demra Shaman
Haz Priest (Leveling)

Vaen

#10 » Post by Vaen » 12 Jan 2016 02:22

with dark death, it would seem since your diseases would eventually fall off, you'd have to reapply them through their actual attacks, IT and PS, then 1 SS. Where as if you just use pestilence to refresh them, you'd get two SS. perhaps i'm missing something, but Disease just seems like more DPS to me.
The answer is simply that the damage increase is not worth it, glyphed death coil does 10-13% of your damage on a fight (althought it's hard to tell), which is far more than the damage increase you get from having one scourge strike instead of one IT, PS and BS every 20 seconds.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

Sgthazard

#11 » Post by Sgthazard » 12 Jan 2016 02:41

Vaen wrote:
The answer is simply that the damage increase is not worth it, glyphed death coil does 10-13% of your damage on a fight (althought it's hard to tell), which is far more than the damage increase you get from having one scourge strike instead of one IT, PS and BS every 20 seconds.
i suppose i could give this a shot, though i am very skeptical of this one difference i have in specs. thanks for the answer though!
Eagle Death Knight
Fenix Death Knight
Hazard Warrior
Demra Shaman
Haz Priest (Leveling)

Crown

#12 » Post by Crown » 20 Aug 2016 10:02

with dark death, it would seem since your diseases would eventually fall off
You might've experienced this issue before, but it's due to rune grace period not working properly at the time.
Keep in mind that they should never fall off, they're up 1-2 seconds before reapplying. (in other words, uptime of DoTs should be 100% from the initial PS/IT unless you happen to dodge a PS and/or miss an IT)

exchanger1

Re: Unholy 3.3.5a BiS Lists

#13 » Post by exchanger1 » 05 Nov 2018 00:31

Since postimg.org (the links Crown aka me used) aren't appearing because postimg changed their domain from postimg.org to postimg.cc

(Forum moderators) please change the original links in original post to a valid postimg domain like this (just embed the image with the clickable link below the Alliance / Horde BiS category in the original post)

1) Alliance BiS http://s2.postimg.cc/qu7nzoec9/Alliance_Bi_S.png (Clickable link)

2) Horde BiS http://s4.postimg.org/kmv1c5pvx/Horde_Bi_S.png (Clickable link)

Thanks.
Crown aka Poslednji

IronSharona
Former Staff

#14 » Post by IronSharona » 10 Nov 2018 15:04

Photos updated!
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

exchanger1

#15 » Post by exchanger1 » 22 Dec 2019 03:47

Update that improves the DPS: pick Ghoul Frenzy talent, it's like 150 DPS increase surprisingly. (You can remove Dirge or some other low dps to "talent point" talent)

Credits for this update goes to Testera (Aleksandar) who is now sadly no longer with us. He told me about this on skype since the start of this year and I have decided to share it now.
Crown aka Poslednji