Blood 3.3.5a BiS Lists

IronSharona
Former Staff

Re: Blood 3.3.5a BiS Lists

#16 » Post by IronSharona » 10 Nov 2018 15:20

Photos updated!
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

exchanger1

#17 » Post by exchanger1 » 22 Dec 2019 03:43

Blood is not a highly competetive DPS as I have originally written in this thread. Even Unholy beats Blood at pure single target fights.
Crown aka Poslednji

Joh0239

#18 » Post by Joh0239 » 17 Jan 2020 12:53

exchanger1 wrote:
22 Dec 2019 03:43
Blood is not a highly competetive DPS as I have originally written in this thread. Even Unholy beats Blood at pure single target fights.
????

That's completely wrong though, maybe before blood dk's were fixed but Blood dk is one of the highest single target dps in the game, on my Blood dk I've beaten several more geared UH dk than me. Put it against frost however is another story, but blood really is a competitive DPS.
Mandatory Character List:
Zortax - Fury/Prot
Zortix - Boomkin/Restoration
Zortex - MM
Thepower - Enha/Restoration
Zortux - Prot/Ret
Discbelf - Shadow/Disc
Deathen - Frost/Blood
Oombacca - Restoration/Feral(bear)
Kelbert - Demonology
Froxy - Arcane/Fire

exchanger1

#19 » Post by exchanger1 » 25 Jan 2020 18:02

Joh0239 wrote:
17 Jan 2020 12:53
exchanger1 wrote:
22 Dec 2019 03:43
????

That's completely wrong though, maybe before blood dk's were fixed but Blood dk is one of the highest single target dps in the game, on my Blood dk I've beaten several more geared UH dk than me. Put it against frost however is another story, but blood really is a competitive DPS.
You have likely beaten players that weren't playing optimally, both Frost and Unholy at end game optimizations are pretty close, this surprised me too when I was comparing in Kahorie but it's true (Unholy needs to spec into Ghoul Frenzy for this to happen, though)

Plus the fact that Blood loses 10% arp passive benefit when you are below 90% hp brings it down even lower. Now add frost/UH dks gaining a ton of runic power from AMS (lot more frost strikes/death coils, this part is so underrated) on RP heavy fights and it shows you on multiple instaces why blood is inferior.

Fire mages and fury warriors are the highest dps dealers in the game if you were to look at world of logs data in wotlk (which is a website consisting of collection of characters with highest dps in the world in their respective spec, in retail of course, like people that were playing in Paragon and other top guilds can be found there)

if you wanna look at world of log you need to use web archive and set the date anywhere in august 2010
Crown aka Poslednji

Joh0239

#20 » Post by Joh0239 » 31 Jan 2020 15:55

exchanger1 wrote: Plus the fact that Blood loses 10% arp passive benefit when you are below 90% hp brings it down even lower.
-
Blood Gorged Rank 5
When you are above 75% health, you deal 10% more damage.
In addition, your attacks ignore up to 10% of your opponent's armor at all times.
Yea, blood never loses their arp and you rarely get below 75% and when you do, you go back up really fast. Blood is a really competitive dps, however it might not suit everyone. Frost is still easier to do more damage as.
Mandatory Character List:
Zortax - Fury/Prot
Zortix - Boomkin/Restoration
Zortex - MM
Thepower - Enha/Restoration
Zortux - Prot/Ret
Discbelf - Shadow/Disc
Deathen - Frost/Blood
Oombacca - Restoration/Feral(bear)
Kelbert - Demonology
Froxy - Arcane/Fire

exchanger1

#21 » Post by exchanger1 » 09 Mar 2020 04:13

Joh0239 wrote:
31 Jan 2020 15:55
exchanger1 wrote: Plus the fact that Blood loses 10% arp passive benefit when you are below 90% hp brings it down even lower.
-
Blood Gorged Rank 5
When you are above 75% health, you deal 10% more damage.
In addition, your attacks ignore up to 10% of your opponent's armor at all times.
Yea, blood never loses their arp and you rarely get below 75% and when you do, you go back up really fast. Blood is a really competitive dps, however it might not suit everyone. Frost is still easier to do more damage as.
Blood is very set in stone playstyle tho, once you get it perfected, not a lot of room to improvize like you can with AMS [as frost/UH] you cant really death coil often as a blood, it's all about maximizing hearts strikes + DRW management (thats the main issue with blood, they havent made runic power ability strong/frequent enough, they even kept death coil which is uh specific rp ability lol, lazy way out to make it tank specific spec in later patches I guess)

Also you are usually below 75% on hardest fights, specially towards last few minutes before the kill. Suppose 1 minute being below 75pct out of entire LK fight, that is a huge damage loss. They made that talent retarded
Crown aka Poslednji