Deathbringer's Will

Off-topic posts of interest to the World of Warcraft community.
Nexxus

Deathbringer's Will

#1 » Post by Nexxus » 18 Oct 2012 21:05

Alright. I grow tired of people who say that DBW sucks for Retribution Paladin. Same people say that DBW is great for Death Knight. But why :?:
I know that this topic existed before, but nvm.

Lets start with Death Knight.
I will use Unholy Build for example:

-Icy Touch is dealing frost damage.
-Plague Strike is dealing shadow damage.
-Death Coil is dealing shadow damage.
-Chains of Ice also dealing frost damage.

:!: Now attacks that increased effect combined with DBW :!:

-Blood Strike is dealing physical damage.
-Scourge Strike is dealing physical + shadow damage.
-Melee Attacks are dealing physical damage.

DBW proc's are great for Death Knight cause of strength (Our main stat), Critical (something we need specially vs healers) and haste which increase our melee attack speed, attack speed of our pets etc.

:!: The solution: Deathbringer's Will is great for Death Knights. :!:

Lets start now with Paladin.
I will use Retribution build ofc:

-Consecration is dealing holy damage.
-Judgment is dealing holy damage.
-Hammer of Wrath is dealing holy damage.
-Exorcism also dealing holy damage.

:!: Now attacks that increased effect combined with DBW :!:

-Divine Storm is dealing physical damage.
-Crusader Strike is dealing physical damage.
-Melee Attack are dealing physical damage.

DBW proc's are great for Paladin cause of strength (Also, main stat, combined with wings makes it insane), Critical (something they need as much as any unit) and haste which increase our melee attack speed, cast speed etc.

:!: The solution: Deathbringer's Will is great for Paladins also. :!:

I am sure you notice how both classes have 3 attacks bound to DBW and 4 attacks that are independent of DBW. And how proc is great for both of them.

Now, feel free to correct me If I am wrong, but I am pretty sure in my statement ;)
P.S Trolls, please avoid this topic.

Kindzadza
Former Staff

Re: Deathbringer's Will

#2 » Post by Kindzadza » 18 Oct 2012 21:11

The thing is DBW is not BiS for paladins and yet every ret paladin has DBW HC.

Blueslayerr

#3 » Post by Blueslayerr » 18 Oct 2012 21:15

I agree with you nexxus.Do you know how much time i said this and no1 listen to me they just saying idc. my raid my rules i don't say that is BiS for pala. but it's good it's not bad for example we all know justicelight he doing quite nice dps in pve with dbw or downstroyer or in horda jake they all have dbw and put rlly nice dps

Nexxus

#4 » Post by Nexxus » 18 Oct 2012 21:17

Also to clear situation.

Shadow's edge and Shadowmourne also gives armor penetration. Only usable for Paladin-Warrior-Dk.

So don't start talk how arp is bad for pally.

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Kindzadza » 18 Oct 2012 21:19

Good=/=best
:D

Nexxus

#6 » Post by Nexxus » 18 Oct 2012 21:27

Not good :P Great! :D

Sinnerly

#7 » Post by Sinnerly » 18 Oct 2012 21:40

DFO is better for pala's xD
Sinnerly - level 66 rogue (first char ever idk shit about rogues)
Sinnerx - level 80 warrior prot / fury
Maurelius - level 80 DK frost / unholy

Cover25

#8 » Post by Cover25 » 18 Oct 2012 21:58

Just to end this foolishness.

By Caean on 2010/06/06 at 9:04 PM (Patch 3.3.3)
DBW is really not particularly good for ret paladins.

More importantly, there are those for whom it is near BiS or at the very least, far more useful for them than it is for Ret paladins.

In a pug, sure I'd take one, but for anything with guildies or friends, I would certainly pass on it.

From EJ's Ret BiS thread:

What is the general trinket ranking?

Tiny Abomination in a Jar(Heroic)>Tiny Abomination in a Jar>Sharpened Twilight Scale (heroic)>Death's Choice (heroic)>Sharpened Twilight Scale>Whispering Fanged Skull (heroic)>Death's Choice>Deathbringer's Will(heroic)>Whispering Fanged Skull>Herkuml War Token>Deathbringer's Will>DMC:Greatness (Strength)>Comet's Trail

http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t84213-retr ... sts_3_3_a/

http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=158 ... ngers-will

Blueslayerr

#9 » Post by Blueslayerr » 18 Oct 2012 22:15

IT goes like this first did you see stats for Sharpened Twilight Scale IT HAS ARP. ON IT,just like dbw!!!,second if you knew anything about here you would know that TAJ is buged and we all know for death verdic will everyone roll no mather what melle class also DV never drop so isn't that just selfish for ppl. to not give dbw.? i mean i don't play pala and idc. for tham but i can't anymore to not talk what i think becouse i was playing on omega wow,neverendless ,and molten and also litle on retail there was no such a rule to not let pala roll!! and only here smart ppl. wow so 1000000k ppl. think bad and 100 here on this server means they are wrong hmm to who to beleve?well that is maybe problem some of ppl. don't even think with theyr mind they beleve in what they saw on net or youtube but i guess some ppl. can play this game 100years and still to not thinks with theyr own minds

axe

#10 » Post by axe » 18 Oct 2012 22:20

Yea but Tiny Abom is still bugged I guess ,although hc version of it seems viable.I would put Death's Choice on 1st place since we don't have RS and it really procs a lot.

Nexxus

#11 » Post by Nexxus » 18 Oct 2012 22:30

Peith, it's best to have own option and stand behind it. I didn't search for "Is DBW good for paladin" forums and other sites like that. Here i am just showing that it's perfect fit for pally as much as it for DK.

bosiljak995

#12 » Post by bosiljak995 » 18 Oct 2012 22:54

How about some of you play paladin, and you will see how that trinket is great for paladin.

Myaoming
Former Staff

#13 » Post by Myaoming » 18 Oct 2012 23:03

Bluedotz wrote:but it's good it's not bad for example we all know justicelight he doing quite nice dps in pve with dbw or downstroyer or in horda jake they all have dbw and put rlly nice dps
lol Paladings can have a great dps without even having trinkets xD
Cover25 wrote:there are those for whom it is near BiS or at the very least, far more useful for them than it is for Ret paladins.
This is enough. Better give it to people that need it in every way.
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Justicelight
Donor

#14 » Post by Justicelight » 19 Oct 2012 00:22

Just a few words from justicenab.
We all know that paladins need mainly strength to do dps, then comes other stats: crit haste bla bla.

For Pvp:
Paladin need as much passive strength/atack power as he can get.
From 1 to 10 I give Dbw number 7 in bgs and 5 in arenas. In bg`s you can survive more due to raid buffs & friends help but in arena if enemy team manage to defend themselves while your first burst, after that Dbw is useless till next proc. Basicly, retribution paladin pvp best trinkets are the ones who gives most useful stats by passive way & shorter icd ( curently using Wfs and Darkmoon trinket).
Bis trinkets here: Wfs hc and Dv hc.

For Pve:
There are 2 kind of pve ret paladins, from my point of view.

1. Crit based & slower atacks: Deliverance, Holynando (sometime)

2. Haste based + Divine storm spam: Merkava, Alyce, Justicelight,.... etc.

Speaking from my point of view, I am a haste based paladin. Whoever equips taj should think to get as much haste he can get ( from gear only, not from gems) + other dps trinket.

>Whenever Dbw procs haste, if the tank its not paying attention, paladin steals aggro for sure. You can ask inter about it, if he remembers. ( reaching almost 1200 haste )

>When i get Strength, i reach my peak dps ( at saurfang ).

>Critical Strike Rating proc: " Meh, screw dwarfs" , but ! Judgement is for sure the most powerfull atack of a ret paladin. If you crit with it, it does high dmg. I did average 27k crit.

I have to admit that i change trinkets in icc but keeping Taj and changing Dbw with wfs, depending on boss. ( Dbw at tank&spank bosses and Wfs at Marrowgar and Blood Council )

My bis trinket priority: Dv hc > Taj hc > wfs hc > dbw hc > taj n > dv n > wfs n >= dbw n > darkmoon card: greatness > Victor`s Call hc (toc10hc) > Mirror of Truth > Mark of Supremacy > Victor`s Call n

Poor Saurfang ! :)
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Vaen

#15 » Post by Vaen » 19 Oct 2012 01:02

Assuming no STS since RS is not opened.
DK (varies a bit for each spec but list is pretty accurate): DBW hc > DV hc > DBW > Herkuml War Token > DV >...
Paladin : Taj hc > Taj > DV hc > WFS hc > DV > DBW hc > WFS >...
Enhancement : Herkuml War Token > Taj hc > Taj > WFS hc > Comet's Trail > WFS >...
Feral : DBW hc > DBW > DV hc > WFS hc > DV > WFS
Combat : DBW hc > DBW > WFS hc > Taj hc > Herkuml > DV hc...
Mutilate : WFS hc > Taj hc > Herkuml > DV hc > DBW hc >...
Warrior : DBW hc > DBW > WFS hc > DV hc > WFS > Herkuml > DV
Hunter: DBW hc > DBW >...

Now look at which classes have DBW in their top 2 trinkets, those are: warrior, combat rogue, feral druid, death knight, and hunter. Now I say nobody other than those classes should ever be allowed to roll on DBW because not only is it worse than other trinkets for them but because THERE ARE 2+ ILVL <=264 TRINKETS BETTER THAN DBW FOR THEM. So they don't even need 277 trinkets to surpass deathbringer's will heroic. Problem is people only see trinket and say:

"WOW SUCH AN IMBA PROC I MUST HAVE THIS TO BEAT EVERYBODY LOL HASTE IS GOOD BECAUSE OF THESE AND THESE REASONS, STR IS GOOD BECAUSE THIS, AND CRIT IS GOOD BECAUSE THAT."

You are forgetting that a very large portion of the trinket comes from the 155/167 arp it has got on it (stat which isn't very good for classes outside those which I mentioned,) if you were to average the proc out the trinket would turn out something like this:

155/164 Arp
63,157/ 73,68 Str
63,157/ 73,68 crit
63,157/ 73,68 haste

If after reading this you still think you deserve to roll on DBW as a ret paladin because of the proc please kill yourself (STs becomes paladin's 2nd BiS trinket because of a better proc, oh, the irony)

PD: To the poster above me, the above trinket ratings were taken from simulations done assuming a tank/spank fight, in which WFS > DBW so I'm not really getting why you're switching trinkets.
Last edited by Vaen on 19 Oct 2012 01:18, edited 1 time in total.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch