World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

Off-topic posts of interest to the World of Warcraft community.
Alexandros

Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

#46 » Post by Alexandros » 25 Oct 2011 00:26

Locus wrote:You will have to choose at level 10. As in, if you are a paladin, you will have to click "Holy" "Retribution" or "protection" (this will give some passive stuff) . And then you have those 6 talent points. And that's it.
i actually like that, it makes things so much easier, specially respecing. But i'm still not sure of the enitre expantion, i can just say that i didn't like the trailer....it made it look so childish.

Locus

#47 » Post by Locus » 25 Oct 2011 00:44

Why would easier mean better? They are dumbing down the system. Everyone will exactly the same talents (at least on PvE). Making a good spec is part of being skilled.

And this is just one of the ways in which they will make the game easier, there's also that new dungeon difficulty for PuGs under normal, and the fact that daily quests will give valor points.

Also, now levelling will just be a ding; it was better to receive 1 point per level, made things more fun.

EDIT: I was just discussing, Alexandros. Was not being belligerent. (saying this because I saw the other post you just deleted)

Cover25

#48 » Post by Cover25 » 25 Oct 2011 02:36

Locus wrote:Also, now levelling will just be a ding; it was better to receive 1 point per level, made things more fun.
I Agree 100% with locus. I loved working hard to ding and then spending my hard earned talent point. Now its evry 15 levels? Come on..

Subotai

#49 » Post by Subotai » 25 Oct 2011 05:54

Yea I agree also with Locus, they are making the game easier to play and understand, thus taking away the complexity and richness it had before Cataclysm. Reducing the 3 talent trees to one (well, I dont think the new talent system can be called a "tree", because there aren't any skill-branches, and you are forced to choose 1 talent from each tier) is complete nonsense and reveals that WoW has given itself the final blow. I personally think that BC was the best expansion, mainly because of the content.

-

#50 » Post by - » 25 Oct 2011 12:25

This is really going to fail. And easy = not fun...

Gorecleave

#51 » Post by Gorecleave » 26 Oct 2011 05:19

wow died when cata came out. honestly this sever is the new retail for me. wrath was the best and last real expansion. cata came in and bullshited us. now world of warcraft kung fu pand. wtf?

-

#52 » Post by - » 26 Oct 2011 11:42

Yeah, I really think this server is the closest to the old retail.

Stray

#53 » Post by Stray » 26 Oct 2011 16:39

I said a couple of times that the game will grow to level 100 (atleast). So expect either 2x +5 level expansions or one +10 level one. The game keeps going forward, nothing to do about it. Blizzard doesn't want a Classic/TBC server for that reason.

So waiting till they officially state that they are done with the expansions. Wanna see if the final product is even worth playing (which I doubt). After I saw Cataclysm I expect anything.

PvP has reached a point where it is actually less interesting than grinding levels. People aren’t playing because there simply isn’t any reason to. To really captivate a player, a game has to be emotionally stimulating in addition to being fun to play. WoW used to be like that. People used to get pissed when they’d get ganked or lose a BG. Guilds would interrupt their raids to go grief other guilds outside of the raid zone. World bosses/events were a whole fun time having extravaganza of nerd rage. As a result of catering to casuals, WoW is constantly progressing away from what we once knew and loved. Blizzard knows who their target audience is. A dev really put it clearly -

There is no drama left in WoW, most of the drama and fun happened when there was random ganking or fighting over outdoor content. Games are memorable when they create emotion. However, there are separate issues with outdoor content. Usually large guilds dominate. They can create server lag. What do you do when your tank gets cycloned. Also flying mounts have ****** outdoor bosses. Also casuals don’t like emotion in games. They don’t like getting ganked, they don’t like feeling like they’re not skilled, they don’t like other people having things they can’t get. And unfortunately, there are 1000 casuals per 1 player like you or me.

Substance

#54 » Post by Substance » 26 Oct 2011 17:47

You people are kinda overacting, i mean stupid. I know the people that play n pay to retail should be mad, and why are you mad? your always gonna be playing private servers like you used to and not pay. Why nerdrage when theres no point when there can be WOTLK private servers ? Seriously stupid. Ok say this is lame and stupid for once, but why keep posting nonsence about this? Is the new expansion's gonna be a 'disturbia' to this private server?.. Your posts won't make blizzard to stop making nonsense,

PLEASE GROW UP PEOPLE

ribbaribbahey

#55 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 26 Oct 2011 18:47

1. Pandas are awesome and hilarious (i've always wanted a cross-faction race); tho I understand that some RPG-like players wouldn't appreciate them because they aren't 'mighty' enough. Look at them as fatter, taller gnomes.
2. the Talent system is gonna be the funnyest and the most creative ever made! (Altrough cata's one is awful).No restrictions at all... you can play YOUR OWN STYLE! Hoooraaaay!!!!
Roel if you'll open a MoP server i'll join for sure! Tanking shaman here i come!

Ribbaz - 2300 2v2 Enhancement
Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire
Cazzuto - Arms PvE / 1950 2v2
Dextr - Blood Dps PvE / Frost "priority list" Dps PvE
Ribba - Beast Mastery PvP / Survival PvE

My Enhancement PvP guide

Locus

#56 » Post by Locus » 26 Oct 2011 19:26

Substance wrote:You people are kinda overacting, i mean stupid. I know the people that play n pay to retail should be mad, and why are you mad? your always gonna be playing private servers like you used to and not pay. Why nerdrage when theres no point when there can be WOTLK private servers ? Seriously stupid. Ok say this is lame and stupid for once, but why keep posting nonsence about this? Is the new expansion's gonna be a 'disturbia' to this private server?.. Your posts won't make blizzard to stop making nonsense,

PLEASE GROW UP PEOPLE
Huh? No one is mad. It's called "discussion". Intelligent people "discuss" while grey sheep call it "QQ" while they mindlessly obey and consume. Plus, are you only interested in what affects you? What a boring, shameful homunculus of a person you are.
No restrictions at all... you can play YOUR OWN STYLE! Hoooraaaay!!!!
That's not true. You can play your own style now as well, and suck. With MoP it will be the same. There will always be one talent that's better than the rest. Plus if you see how things are shaping, it's clear that only a few of them are useful on PvE. And even if they were all nice for PvE, there will always be a better talent, and sub-optimal talents. Reducing the talent points will just make all the talent trees more alike than they are now.
Oh, and the shamans will not tank, I think.

Substance

#57 » Post by Substance » 26 Oct 2011 19:45

Locus wrote:
Substance wrote: Huh? No one is mad. It's called "discussion". Intelligent people "discuss" while grey sheep call it "QQ" while they mindlessly obey and consume. Plus, are you only interested in what affects you? What a boring, shameful homunculus of a person you are.
Please stop trying to act like your a wise person in these forums. if u were wise u wouldnt be playing here

What you mean in affect me? as I say again this BS that Mist of Pandaria is not affecting TrueWoW. now please shutup with your bla bla bla
Last edited by Guest on 26 Oct 2011 19:47, edited 1 time in total.

Locus

#58 » Post by Locus » 26 Oct 2011 19:47

That's what I meant. What does it matter if MoP affects us or not? We can discuss anything we want. You just came here to troll the topic:

you don't even play in this server anymore! :lol:

Substance

#59 » Post by Substance » 26 Oct 2011 19:48

Locus wrote:That's what I meant. What does it matter if MoP affects us or not? We can discuss anything we want. You just came here to troll the topic:

you don't even play in this server anymore! :lol:
I do log in, please dont post shiit like that because it makes u look like a retard. you got a problem with that? does that affect your gameplay or your brains ))) ?

Locus

#60 » Post by Locus » 26 Oct 2011 19:50

I said it because I also don't play here. Heh. Was just being silly. Since when complaining or discussing is seen as something bad? Sigh, humanity has no future.