To All atheist here...

Off-topic posts of interest to the World of Warcraft community.
Rehan

Re: To All atheist here...

#31 » Post by Rehan » 21 Jul 2011 08:15

As a former Christian and now an atheist I have to say that this conversation amused me.
So, lets start a different subject.
Christians say that they have "faith" or they know that this entity called "God" exists but when they are asked "why?" do they belive, all of them just eighter stopped responding or just repeated that "because I have faith" or "because I know He is real". Basicaly you belive in something that you do not know why you belive in.
Let me ask you this. Is heaven and hell real?
According to the old testament there is a heaven where everyone goes after they die and be happy. However in the old testament, hell is not mentioned at all.
In the new testament people tought that heaven wasn't enough, there had to be a bad side of things, and so hell was wroten about in the new testament, therefor those who are bad,evil etc. will go to hell and face eternal torment.This entity hell was created to scare slow minded people like you into this religion, into this dominant religion.
You may not be aware of this, maybe you only tought about this once or twice but you belive in "God" because you are afraid of the entity called "hell". And no, don't bullshit me with "I belive in God because he is real" and stuff. To belive in something you need to have a reason, and faith is not a reason.
Most of you didn't even have a choice to be something else because of your family. You were borned in a Christian family, nobody cares if you want to mea muslim, you will never be a official muslim, maybe in your mind you can consider that you are.
So now I ask you this, what if you are wrong? What if muslim's god is real and your God isn't?
That means, from their religion, that you go to muslim hell right?
You can say you are 100% sure Christianity si right, how do you know it is right? Is there any proof that you are right and muslims are wrong? Or is it just because Christianity is the most spreaded religion on the globe. Does that make it right? More stupid people conquer the less stupid people.
What if you were born in middle east and be a muslim? Would you then say that muslims are wrong and Christianity is right? No, it all depends on the enviorment you were born, that nobody is available to choose. So lets say for a moment that Christianity is the only religion that is correct and God controls what is happening. You were sent on a Christian family and therefor you are now a Christian. Does that mean that God, sending someone to middle east and be a muslim, is condaming that person to eternal torment after his life? I mean its not that man's choice where he is born or what he will belive in untill he is able to turn into a Christian, he will have blasphemy'd enough to have a nice eternal vacantion in hell before he does that. Doesn't that make your God sort of, evil? Condamning people like that "you go here be a Christian, you go there be a muslim and Satan will wait for you in hell"
There is proof that many things that the bible claims true, did not happen at all.
For example Noah's Ark. It never happened. The bible sais that there was a flood for 40 days and nights blah blah, this was discovered untrue for there is no kind of markings on the planet for something like that to happen.
I could continue this all day, I think I made my point. No atheist is an atheist just to be an atheist, they actually have a reason not to belive in something, you don't have a reason to belive in something like God, only not to go to hell.

Don't ask me why I don't belive in God. Ask yourself why do you belive in Him.

Bluebell
Former Staff

#32 » Post by Bluebell » 21 Jul 2011 08:56

Point to note; numbers in the bible aren't accurate, they're meant to be approximate amounts. Hence why 7 and 40 are repeated. So it wasn't supposed to be 40 years exactly, but a long period of time.

And if you're born a Muslim but become a devout christian, it's meant to be that you repent your sins. As Jesus allegedly was a forgiving "person" and preached that etc

And I believed the concept of Hell is referred to in Daniel and possibly other Jewish/Old Testement writings, as well as the repenting of sins being apart, although I doubt as highly as it is in Christianity.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Warpath

#33 » Post by Warpath » 21 Jul 2011 09:40

CONGRATULATING AN ATHEIST

Normally, when I meet an atheist, the first thing I like to do is to congratulate him and say, " My special congratulations to you", because most of the people who believe in God are doing blind belief - he is a Christian, because his father is a Christian; he is a Hindu, because his father is a Hindu; the majority of the people in the world are blindly following the religion of their fathers. An atheist, on the other hand, even though he may belong to a religious family, uses his intellect to deny the existence of God; what ever concept or qualities of God he may have learnt in his religion may not seem to be logical to him.

My Muslim brothers may question me, "Why are you congratulating an atheist?" The reason that I am congratulating an atheist is because he agrees with the first part of the Shahada i.e. the Islamic Creed, ‘La ilaaha’ - meaning ‘there is no God’. So half my job is already done; now the only part left is ‘il lallah’ i.e. ‘BUT ALLAH’ which I shall do Insha Allah. With others (who are not atheists) I have to first remove from their minds the wrong concept of God they may have and then put the correct concept of one true God.

LOGICAL CONCEPT OF GOD

My first question to the atheist will be: "What is the definition of God?" For a person to say there is no God, he should know what is the meaning of God. If I hold a book and say that ‘this is a pen’, for the opposite person to say, ‘it is not a pen’, he should know what is the definition of a pen, even if he does not know nor is able to recognise or identify the object I am holding in my hand. For him to say this is not a pen, he should at least know what a pen means. Similarly for an atheist to say ‘there is no God’, he should at least know the concept of God. His concept of God would be derived from the surroundings in which he lives. The god that a large number of people worship has got human qualities - therefore he does not believe in such a god. Similarly a Muslim too does not and should not believe in such false gods.

If a non-Muslim believes that Islam is a merciless religion with something to do with terrorism; a religion which does not give rights to women; a religion which contradicts science; in his limited sense that non-Muslim is correct to reject such Islam. The problem is he has a wrong picture of Islam. Even I reject such a false picture of Islam, but at the same time, it becomes my duty as a Muslim to present the correct picture of Islam to that non-Muslim i.e. Islam is a merciful religion, it gives equal rights to the women, it is not incompatible with logic, reason and science; if I present the correct facts about Islam, that non-Muslim may Inshallah accept Islam.

Similarly the atheist rejects the false gods and the duty of every Muslim is to present the correct concept of God which he shall Insha Allah not refuse.

THEORY OF PROBABILITY

In mathematics there is a theory known as ‘Theory of Probability’. If you have two options, out of which one is right, and one is wrong, the chances that you will chose the right one is half, i.e. one out of the two will be correct. You have 50% chances of being correct. Similarly if you toss a coin the chances that your guess will be correct is 50% (1 out of 2) i.e. 1/2. If you toss a coin the second time, the chances that you will be correct in the second toss is again 50% i.e. half. But the chances that you will be correct in both the tosses is half multiplied by half (1/2 x 1/2) which is equal to 1/4 i.e. 50% of 50% which is equal to 25%. If you toss a coin the third time, chances that you will be correct all three times is (1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2) that is 1/8 or 50% of 50% of 50% that is 12½%.

A dice has got six sides. If you throw a dice and guess any number between 1 to 6, the chances that your guess will be correct is 1/6. If you throw the dice the second time, the chances that your guess will be correct in both the throws is (1/6 x 1/6) which is equal to 1/36. If you throw the dice the third time, the chances that all your three guesses are correct is (1/6 x 1/6 x 1/6) is equal to 1/216 that is less than 0.5 %.

Let us apply this theory of probability to the Qur’an, and assume that a person has guessed all the information that is mentioned in the Qur’an which was unknown at that time. Let us discuss the probability of all the guesses being simultaneously correct.

At the time when the Qur’an was revealed, people thought the world was flat, there are several other options for the shape of the earth. It could be triangular, it could be quadrangular, pentagonal, hexagonal, heptagonal, octagonal, spherical, etc. Lets assume there are about 30 different options for the shape of the earth. The Qur’an rightly says it is spherical, if it was a guess the chances of the guess being correct is 1/30.

The light of the moon can be its own light or a reflected light. The Qur’an rightly says it is a reflected light. If it is a guess, the chances that it will be correct is 1/2 and the probability that both the guesses i.e the earth is spherical and the light of the moon is reflected light is 1/30 x 1/2 = 1/60.

Further, the Qur’an also mentions every living thing is made of water. Every living thing can be made up of either wood, stone, copper, aluminum, steel, silver, gold, oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen, oil, water, cement, concrete, etc. The options are say about 10,000. The Qur’an rightly says that everything is made up of water. If it is a guess, the chances that it will be correct is 1/10,000 and the probability of all the three guesses i.e. the earth is spherical, light of moon is reflected light and everything is created from water being correct is 1/30 x 1/2 x 1/10,000 = 1/60,000 which is equal to about .0017%.

The Qur’an speaks about hundreds of things that were not known to men at the time of its revelation. Only in three options the result is .0017%. I leave it upto you, to work out the probability if all the hundreds of the unknown facts were guesses, the chances of all of them being correct guesses simultaneously and there being not a single wrong guess. It is beyond human capacity to make all correct guesses without a single mistake, which itself is sufficient to prove to a logical person that the origin of the Qur’an is Divine.

Also:

If there was no dark, we wouldn't know the beauty of light

If there was no cold, we would't know what the comfort of warmth would feel like because there would be no heat

If there was no pain, we wouldnt ever get a chance to feel the happiness and rejoice of not being in pain

If there was no evil, then we would never know what it is like to be in good.

Allah has created all of these for our own pleasure, after a bad point in your life notice Allah will always give yu some glad tiding :) if you didn't gp through the bad part how would you ever know how good the good part is? :D

Uhm, I can go on with this for days, but I wont waste my time on it anymore, really. It was my duty as a Muslim to try and give you an diffrent view, and try to convince you, but I wont argue much on the topic.

Bluebell
Former Staff

#34 » Post by Bluebell » 21 Jul 2011 10:03

http://www.islam101.com/religions/provingGodExists.htm

I liked the "when a non-muslim says Islam treats women wrong" or something, and then used "he" instead of "they" I smiled.

Also, I'll admit by Islamic knowledge isn't good. But Muhammad is the main writer/prophet of the Qu'ran? And he was alive like, 600 AD? Sorry but the Greeks knew the world was a sphere about 1000 years before.

Oh, and they also said the reflected the Sun. This is fun!

The final point, that's a purely logic one. Water is the foundation for every living thing? Easy thing to say, towns were built around rivers for a reason.
Last edited by Bluebell on 21 Jul 2011 10:26, edited 1 time in total.

Rehan

#35 » Post by Rehan » 21 Jul 2011 10:24

You people can keep living your meaningless lives worshiping a god that does not exist and hope to live happily ever after in the "afterlife".
I made my point, those who read it are eighter thinking about it or don't give a shit.

Bluebell
Former Staff

#36 » Post by Bluebell » 21 Jul 2011 10:25

Rehan, most of the people posting here don't believe in God, at least not one of a current religion.

Warpath

#37 » Post by Warpath » 21 Jul 2011 10:36

bluebell wrote:http://www.islam101.com/religions/provingGodExists.htm

I liked the "when a non-muslim says Islam treats women wrong" or something, and then used "he" instead of "they" I smiled.

Also, I'll admit by Islamic knowledge isn't good. But Muhammad is the main writer/prophet of the Qu'ran? And he was alive like, 600 AD? Sorry but the Greeks knew the world was a sphere about 1000 years before.

Oh, and they also said the reflected the Sun. This is fun!

The final point, that's a purely logic one. Water is the foundation for every living thing? Easy thing to say, towns were built around rivers for a reason.
Its so obvius that you dont have any kind of knowlage of Islam. And God is the wither of Qu'ran.

Bluebell
Former Staff

#38 » Post by Bluebell » 21 Jul 2011 10:46

Muslims believe that the Quran was verbally revealed through the angel Jibrīl (Gabriel) from God to Muhammad gradually over a period of approximately twenty-three years beginning in 610 CE, when Muhammad was forty, and concluding in 632 CE, the year of his death

I doubt you mean the Qu'ran was literally written by God. So for all intense and purposes it was written by Muhammed, at least the people he preached to.

Also, at least I have my own thoughts, and don't have to go to a site and copy paste them, so don't say I haven't got any idea.

Warpath

#39 » Post by Warpath » 21 Jul 2011 11:20

bluebell wrote:
Muslims believe that the Quran was verbally revealed through the angel Jibrīl (Gabriel) from God to Muhammad gradually over a period of approximately twenty-three years beginning in 610 CE, when Muhammad was forty, and concluding in 632 CE, the year of his death

I doubt you mean the Qu'ran was literally written by God. So for all intense and purposes it was written by Muhammed, at least the people he preached to.

Also, at least I have my own thoughts, and don't have to go to a site and copy paste them, so don't say I haven't got any idea.
Nope, Muhammed a.s. didnt write Qu'ran.
God wrote Qu'ran.
Every phrophet was given a ''miralce'', Muhamed a.s. was given Qu'ran, the biggest miracle of all.

Bluebell
Former Staff

#40 » Post by Bluebell » 21 Jul 2011 11:23

So Muhammed was the source of Qu'ran for people.

Like I said. He was the main prophet of the Qu'ran.

narcissa

#41 » Post by narcissa » 21 Jul 2011 11:36

It would be nice if instead of whole copied walls of texts you would also explain it in your words, so maybe we could have a proper conversation. Especially considering that most of people know a thing or two about christianity but less about islam. So why don't you explain to me why your god is different and true?

And something else.
The reason that I am congratulating an atheist is because he agrees with the first part of the Shahada i.e. the Islamic Creed, ‘La ilaaha’ - meaning ‘there is no God’. So half my job is already done; now the only part left is ‘il lallah’ i.e. ‘BUT ALLAH’ which I shall do Insha Allah. With others (who are not atheists) I have to first remove from their minds the wrong concept of God they may have and then put the correct concept of one true God.
why is it your job to convince people into believing to your god?

Warpath

#42 » Post by Warpath » 21 Jul 2011 12:17

narcissa wrote:It would be nice if instead of whole copied walls of texts you would also explain it in your words, so maybe we could have a proper conversation. Especially considering that most of people know a thing or two about christianity but less about islam. So why don't you explain to me why your god is different and true?

And something else.
The reason that I am congratulating an atheist is because he agrees with the first part of the Shahada i.e. the Islamic Creed, ‘La ilaaha’ - meaning ‘there is no God’. So half my job is already done; now the only part left is ‘il lallah’ i.e. ‘BUT ALLAH’ which I shall do Insha Allah. With others (who are not atheists) I have to first remove from their minds the wrong concept of God they may have and then put the correct concept of one true God.
why is it your job to convince people into believing to your god?
I copied the text becouse I didnt have time to write all that by myself.

Well, it isnt your job, but it is something like a small duty. Dont know how can I explain it in a diffrent way.

'' Especially considering that most of people know a thing or two about christianity but less about islam. So why don't you explain to me why your god is different and true?''
I dont know where to start, It would be much easyer to give me questions.

Also, worth to mention, Chrisitanity is very similar to Islam. The way Christianity start was by Isa a.s. (Jesus), who was a phrophet of God. He did a mistake. He let people paint him, make pictures of him. Thats why today people are worshiping him (and his picture) like a son of God. Muhammed a.s. learned from that mistake, he didnt let annyone paint him, so no one knows how exactly he looked. Or people would worship his pictures too (like it is now with Christianity).

narcissa

#43 » Post by narcissa » 21 Jul 2011 12:54

Why is it a duty to convince others, what would happen to those who don't believe? How would be my life or afterlife be affected?
Warpath wrote:Muhammed a.s. learned from that mistake, he didnt let annyone paint him, so no one knows how exactly he looked.
I can't believe that no one painted him even though he said not to. If people knew him, there would be at least a bunch that would paint him. And I'm not saying that the paintings of Christ prove he existed.

So you too believe in Jesus. You beleve he was sent by god and performed miracles. And that he was born from a virgin. How is it possible that a virgin gives birth to a man? If you say to me with the power of god, why would he do such a thing that would lead most of the people to not believe Mary, and those who supposely believed her, why did they? Why not let Mary and Joseph procreate and demonstrate later that he had powers from god?

What's the point in Jesus going around performing miracles, why help certain people and why bring some back to life? Why not do it for everyone? Is it because some people don't deserve it? If god thinks so, then he is not that good.

I assume too that you believe that there will be someday when the world will come to an end due to the antichrist and Jesus will come back to fight and slay him. If all of this is already known by god does it mean he has already planned this war? So he is actually planning to kill the followers of the antichrist, which I assume are humans? If he is god, his power is beyond comprehension so he should be able to stop them in any other way than performing violence. Is violence accepted in your religion? If he didn't plan it, but knows that will happen, is it because our fate is written and can't be changed no matter what we do? And if we do have a fate, is it written by god? If it is so, that means he actually HAS a plan and violence is included. If it doesn't depend on us, but on satan, and god already knows what will happen, why doesn't he simply prevent it? He can't? Or he doesn't want to?

Warpath

#44 » Post by Warpath » 21 Jul 2011 13:16

narcissa wrote:Why is it a duty to convince others, what would happen to those who don't believe? How would be my life or afterlife be affected?
Warpath wrote:Muhammed a.s. learned from that mistake, he didnt let annyone paint him, so no one knows how exactly he looked.
I can't believe that no one painted him even though he said not to. If people knew him, there would be at least a bunch that would paint him. And I'm not saying that the paintings of Christ prove he existed.

So you too believe in Jesus. You beleve he was sent by god and performed miracles. And that he was born from a virgin. How is it possible that a virgin gives birth to a man? If you say to me with the power of god, why would he do such a thing that would lead most of the people to not believe Mary, and those who supposely believed her, why did they? Why not let Mary and Joseph procreate and demonstrate later that he had powers from god?

What's the point in Jesus going around performing miracles, why help certain people and why bring some back to life? Why not do it for everyone? Is it because some people don't deserve it? If god thinks so, then he is not that good.

I assume too that you believe that there will be someday when the world will come to an end due to the antichrist and Jesus will come back to fight and slay him. If all of this is already known by god does it mean he has already planned this war? So he is actually planning to kill the followers of the antichrist, which I assume are humans? If he is god, his power is beyond comprehension so he should be able to stop them in any other way than performing violence. Is violence accepted in your religion? If he didn't plan it, but knows that will happen, is it because our fate is written and can't be changed no matter what we do? And if we do have a fate, is it written by god? If it is so, that means he actually HAS a plan and violence is included. If it doesn't depend on us, but on satan, and god already knows what will happen, why doesn't he simply prevent it? He can't? Or he doesn't want to?
Its hard to explain over this chat.
Yes, there will be the Judgement Day.
God did write the destiny. ''Big'' destiny (like Judgement Day, coming back of Jesus, the two winds, and so on...) cant be changed. But smaller things, can be changed by our own actions.
Also, there will be a war, believers against disbelivers on judgement day, God made it to prove whos a real believer and who isnt. It will all be revealed That Day.

Also, ''Why is it a duty to convince others, what would happen to those who don't believe? '', my duty isnt do convince you, but to tell you.

''I can't believe that no one painted him even though he said not to.'', there really arent any paintings. There were people who were following Him, and people too blinded by hatred to fight against Him. Those who were following, never painted becouse He said so, and people would die without any hesetation for Him. So they would never do that.
Those who hated Him, hated Him too much to even consider doing that.

And, Jesus never had any ''special powers'', nor did any human nor will any human have. God was doing the miracles, and Jesus was just praying for Him to do it, and He did it.

narcissa

#45 » Post by narcissa » 21 Jul 2011 13:36

So god did decide that there will be the war. I don't think that is very nice of him, do you? So if I don't believe and be alive and is judgement day I will be punished and killed. I don't think that's very nice of him too, I actually think that he is an attention seeking bastard (forgive me the word, not meant in disrespectful way but I have to get the point) who will harm anyone who don't recognise him. I don't see any unconditional love in any of this.

And what about people who do believe but do evil things? And don't tell me these people don't exist.

Why did he do miracles just for those that Jesus prayed about? What about the people that didn't have anyone to pray for them, they didn't deserve something better? And if god is everywhere, and knows everything why does he need anyone to pray for someone, why don't help people that need to be helped but only wait for those who will pray? Is this an action of a loving god? Even so, amongst people who pray, why doesn't he help everyone? Why only some?

You still didn't answer some of my previous questions and by what you say you make me add more. Plus, everything you said proves to me an eccentric, flawed, narcissist god, nothing until now proved to me that he is good. Even if I accepted his existence I would not like him and would never worship any being like this. My morals and sense of good and humanity would prevent me from that.