Unsure on what to do when feeling bored/old/dead.

Off-topic posts of interest to the World of Warcraft community.
Klick17

Unsure on what to do when feeling bored/old/dead.

#1 » Post by Klick17 » 09 Nov 2022 07:16

Hi everyone, i need some help deciding on what to do in the game when bored and when (at the same time) nobody wants to do anything. :|
Any thoughts/suggestions/recommendations on what to do when bored and feeling old or even dead? :?:
Here are some options which came to mind, but feel free to give me some of your own thoughts for when bored: :idea:
1: Help levelers=1-79's with gear and/or profession materials, instance runs for boost, or even with quests, even if and when its not quite needed, but will help them anyways.
2: Go farm some items for myself or even for the guild members, or even for the GV's= Guild Vaults, if not for some random players, incase something may be needed/wanted for someone/somewhere in some way.
3: Go to relaxation spots in the game to get/go away from all the same old repeated stuff over and over and just relax with the nature sounds in the specific zone which has peace and quiet in it, to drift the mind away into nature parts of the game.
And/Or 4: Just simply talk/chat with someone regarding some specific/random subjects on who, what, where, why, and how.
Whats your thoughts on what to do when bored in the game, but still want to do something to prevent the bored/old/dead feeling from taking over, by doing something useful? :idea: :| :?:

Seveno5
Donor

Re: Unsure on what to do when feeling bored/old/dead.

#2 » Post by Seveno5 » 09 Nov 2022 10:53

It might be an idea for you to check on the current Achievements that you have going on in progress, and to complete it/those.
Or find one Achieve that you like to obtain. Some of those require quite a lot of work and effort. The same goes for (the harder) reputations to build up. Some Achieves are reward with a title or a pet.

skyx

#3 » Post by skyx » 09 Nov 2022 11:50

You could try imagining PvP on this server because it does not happen organically here.

Klick17

#4 » Post by Klick17 » 09 Nov 2022 22:14

Skyx, i sort of agree with you on the pvp aspect, but not quite, since i only go pvp when in a bad/angry/furious mood and don't want to do anything pve related, so i'll take your pvp aspect part into consideration for an option on what to do when bored/feeling old/feeling dead. :)
Also regarding what you said Seveno5, idk about the achievements part since i usually don't hunt achievements alot, but I'll take that into consideration for a choice on what to do, and see whats needed/wanted to be filled up in the achievements part on the specific characters who may/will need/want the specific achievements. :)

Anyone else have some possible thoughts/suggestions/recommendations on what to do when feeling. bored, old, and/or even dead-ish? :?:

skyx

#5 » Post by skyx » 10 Nov 2022 11:19

Klick, I was being sarcastic.

PvP doesn't happen on this server for a reason.

The only way we will see decent levels of PvP activity happen on this server again if:

1) More private servers die and their players transfer here, boosting the server population number (like with Paragon for a short time).

2) TrueWoW staff does something to encourage PvP activity and historically, most don't care. The only staff member who cared is Ayoe but her efforts was simply not enough.

The only way to resolve the issues is to establish and grow a stable casual pvp community here and that would only happen if newer players up-skill and most importantly, have fun. I have pitched genuine solutions in the past but I faced fierce opposition from "players" who just want to one-shot and farm players and who leverage their gear over their lack of skills. It is also the same opposition that rage quit and leave battlegrounds when the ex-Paragon players farm them.

andriuspel
Former Staff

#6 » Post by andriuspel » 10 Nov 2022 13:19

Pvp mainly depends on players and community and that cannot be forced, rushed by server team. Ayoe did actually same as usual players could - they can call people to bgs, arenas, make brawl and similar...

Currently simply there is more PVE players. Also we even gave question (voting) to community if they wants to switch back to pvp realm mode and they voted to stay in PVE. We as server team care about server quality but people forgetting sometimes, that its all volunteering and also we do not want to cross fun-server stuff or somehow limit players (like item nerfs and similar)

In addition, recruitment to join to server team is open for people who are really mean to be communicative, to be helpful for people which could use their skills to make development, and support in areas which actually could help our community to grow (media team, support gms).

About " TrueWoW staff does something to encourage PvP activity and historically, most don't care. The only staff member who cared is Ayoe but her efforts was simply not enough.", well, you didnt checked posts in news probably, we did changes related to pvp, pvp events but there is huge limitations in this area since realm is crossfaction and its in pve mode.

Also development is slow because for this moment we are understaffed, we need more people in our team.
A son asked his father (a programmer) why the sun rises in the east, and sets in the west. His response? It works, don’t touch!

Everyone says it's difficult to work with a person while they have a negative attitude or constantly exhibit uncooperative behavior.

skyx

#7 » Post by skyx » 10 Nov 2022 16:49

Sigh...are we going we to do this again? Fine, I will bite.
andriuspel wrote:
10 Nov 2022 13:19
Currently simply there is more PVE players. Also we even gave question (voting) to community if they wants to switch back to pvp realm mode and they voted to stay in PVE.
I'd liken it to gentrification; if there are no pull factors to keep PvP-orientated players to stay, they will leave and all will be left are PVErs and casuals. Hence the results.
andriuspel wrote:
we do not want to cross fun-server stuff or somehow limit players (like item nerfs and similar)
This expansion and this server is 10+ years old; the expansion is not meant to be played for this long if you are talking about being blizz-like.

Also in the past, I suggested low-gear bgs; a separate queue where every participant would be of almost gear strength since the gear is capped.

A low-gear bg queue would be a decent compromise and a "safe" place to establish and grow a stable casual pvp community WITHOUT limiting the older players since it would be a CHOICE to participate.
The current choice of the community is newer players simply don't play because they get easily crushed and they can't do anything about it.
Even for players who are new here and are actually skilled at pvp won't bother joining this server because there is no reason for them to stay when compared to other servers or other games.

Andrius, you shot down this suggestion because "it would split the pvp community in two" but the fact is, there is no pvp community on TW so 0/2 is still ZERO.

If you played any other pvp game that is decent and alive, you would know that there are CONSTANT amounts of balance changes on a regular basis. Heck even in 4.0.1 of wow, armor penetration on items were removed due to the absurd amount of damage some classes can do with it. All to make the pvp game fair, fun, and competitive.
andriuspel wrote:
well, you didnt checked posts in news probably, we did changes related to pvp, pvp events but there is huge limitations in this area since realm is crossfaction and its in pve mode.
Those changes were superficial and doesn't benefit the server as a whole since they were probably advice from the very people that oppose good, meaningful change. It would be metaphorically like governments asking the rich how much tax they should pay. If those changes were meaningful, we wouldn't be having a conversation right now.

Let me shoot off some facts:
1) The fact Klick is even making this thread is a symptom of having nothing to do - a healthy private server has casual pvp to fill that void.
2) Most PvErs raid log since there is nothing to do between raids - casual pvp also fills that void.
3) There is little/no qualitative pvp activity on this server. We don't have Wintergrasp and players do not like to get farmed in battleground e.g. the ex-Paragon players farming the "you-know-whos".

Start small and just try and make a GM-led event (on a weekend) where everyone has full furious gear for bgs (within s6 item level range/easily obtainable gear range) and collect feedback from it.
If the community likes it then we could make it a regular event and could also explore the low gs bg queue option further. If not, then we leave things as it is.
But the thing is JUST TRY

Gnurg

#8 » Post by Gnurg » 19 Nov 2022 22:36

Existential dread comes in all its forms, even in gaming-communities. Unlike real commitments, here is the option of skipping out on them. Take a break. If you miss it, you can always return. If you don't, you've deallocated a few hours every week to other purposes.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE