A nostalgia-bender thought dump / Thanks everyone

Off-topic posts of interest to the World of Warcraft community.
chickenbutt
Donor

A nostalgia-bender thought dump / Thanks everyone

#1 » Post by chickenbutt » 22 Nov 2019 00:34

This game (WoW: WotLK) has been a massive part of my life, something that under a period of 8 years, I've spent tens of thousands of hours on, both as a lone wolf and with other people.
I know, and often think about the fact that I will never again in my life be able to experience in the same way, the sort of things I did in this game with the multitude of people I've played with. All the vivid memories I have from immersing myself in this virtual world with so many genuinely kind, down to earth, good-hearted people, will never, ever go away.
I will always remember what this absolute masterpiece of a game let me experience. I'll never forget the moments I've been able to experience in this world, both alone, and with the accompaniment of my friends, who were once just random strangers I stumbled upon in this massive world.
Of course, this game, over the many, many years I've played it has not only been a way for me to be able to interact with, completely without the social pressures of real life, many, many people from all over the world in so many meaningful ways...
I'm not gonna lie, the game has also had its share of negatives. It's many times turned into a crutch, and a drug. A numbing agent and an escape from a relatively harsh reality. That aspect in particular has been far from great. It's been significant in contributing to a downward spiral of not being able to get important stuff done in real life, and escaping into the game world when responsibility and reality wasn't as convenient. Family relations, romantic relationships and certainly progress in school have taken quite a beating from my years of addiction to this game.
Regardless, if the people that were there with me then (and who are still with me today) weren't there, I would have without a doubt, not at all turned out to be nearly the same person l am today. All of the experiences I've had and shared with others in this world have helped shape me as a person, for the better, of course. Well. At least that's what I'd like to believe. Hehe.

Many people who have shared experiences with me in this game are long gone from this server and will probably never read this. But still, to all of you, I say thank you from the bottom of my heart for existing and allowing me and many others to experience the multitude of wonders that even a tiny server like this could offer.

/Benjamin "Ben" or "Swagtrain" Fisher

:=) My Mini Enhancement Shaman PvE Guide

https://soundcloud.com/open_minded_97/fullat - a punk song I wrote and produced with a friend from music community college in 2019

Seveno5
Donor

Re: A nostalgia-bender thought dump / Thanks everyone

#2 » Post by Seveno5 » 22 Nov 2019 14:09

Beautifuly put into words, I agree with you: this server is wonderful!!

Boxis
Donor

#3 » Post by Boxis » 22 Nov 2019 17:34

Well said Ben,

some of us have several years of /played time on this server and we still enjoyed most of it.

At one point it was pretty much the second life for most of us no matter how crazy it sounds right now.

You just can not forget the game and people you have met and laughed with here no matter where your life's journey have taken you.

chickenbutt
Donor

#4 » Post by chickenbutt » 23 Nov 2019 09:38

Boxis wrote:
22 Nov 2019 17:34
Well said Ben,

some of us have several years of /played time on this server and we still enjoyed most of it.

At one point it was pretty much the second life for most of us no matter how crazy it sounds right now.

You just can not forget the game and people you have met and laughed with here no matter where your life's journey have taken you.

Thanks Boris, 100% agree. That would be very fun ☺️ I may have not played for about a year soon but my body and mind will never ever forget the muscle memory and knowledge of the class and spec I fell in love with most of all, Enhance Shaman ❤️ best PvP and PvE experiences I've ever had have been with my Shaman:) warlock and hunt are close seconds, maybe even equals if they weren't so damn bugged on this server:D cheers everyone, have s great weekend

https://soundcloud.com/open_minded_97/fullat - a punk song I wrote and produced with a friend from music community college in 2019

Floss

#5 » Post by Floss » 23 Nov 2019 09:43

I enjoyed reading that ben and I can relate to most of it.

This was an unforgettable experience , something i'm glad I spent all this time on.

I still browse the forums two years after quitting , i guess its a habit that I can't let go of :)

Thank you too for the good times and laughs we had.

Good luck.

chickenbutt
Donor

#6 » Post by chickenbutt » 23 Nov 2019 13:52

Floss wrote:
23 Nov 2019 09:43

This was an unforgettable experience , something i'm glad I spent all this time on.

I still browse the forums two years after quitting , i guess its a habit that I can't let go of :)

Good luck.
Thank you so much Floss and good luck to you too. I can only agree with what you said:)
You were always an honorable, skilled player who was fun to engage with in pvp, both as an ally and opponent. And I'll never forget that you were the only player besides me who had realized the in-game mechanic of emote canceling =')
/laugh /train /laugh /train /rasp /cry /train

Floss

#7 » Post by Floss » 25 Nov 2019 20:23

chickenbutt wrote:
23 Nov 2019 13:52
Floss wrote:
23 Nov 2019 09:43

Good luck.
Thank you so much Floss and good luck to you too. I can only agree with what you said:)
You were always an honorable, skilled player who was fun to engage with in pvp, both as an ally and opponent. And I'll never forget that you were the only player besides me who had realized the in-game mechanic of emote canceling =')
/laugh /train /laugh /train /rasp /cry /train
Thanks man , I appreciate it .

You were also one of the people i had the most fun and challenge to play with and against ;)

chickenbutt
Donor

#8 » Post by chickenbutt » 26 Nov 2019 12:01

Floss wrote:
Thanks man , I appreciate it .

You were also one of the people i had the most fun and challenge to play with and against ;)
Hehe. It wasn't hard to notice good players on TW since there really weren't that many PvP players on the server who really knew what they were doing. The PvP on TW evolved a lot once spermik merge happened and you saw, every day in the Dalaran sewer, deadly geared rogues and mages 100-0ing wrathful icc geared truewow players :d I would never have gotten good at the game if it weren't for that merge

loveable4

#9 » Post by loveable4 » 28 Nov 2019 11:41

this game made Part of the best days of our lives also jiranthos once said : this game ruined our lives
I'm happy to have such experience , and part of it was with some of u in this server
We always have memories that make us feel good when we browse through them
We always have stories to tell for our kids
im same as floss im browsing forums too :lol:

Anyway I know you miss me so come hug me Ben :D
]I dont play wow anymore , just walking around
Ghost

exchanger1

#10 » Post by exchanger1 » 22 Dec 2019 05:14

Sup Ben, playing this game here for so long taught me a lot of things that are applicable irl so dont look at it as a "waste of years" but the lessons you learned from it

Cheers man
Crown aka Poslednji

chickenbutt
Donor

#11 » Post by chickenbutt » 22 Dec 2019 13:56

exchanger1 wrote:
22 Dec 2019 05:14
Sup Ben, playing this game here for so long taught me a lot of things that are applicable irl so dont look at it as a "waste of years" but the lessons you learned from it

Cheers man
Absolutely spitting facts. Who were you in game? Cheers. :)

exchanger1

#12 » Post by exchanger1 » 22 Dec 2019 14:03

chickenbutt wrote:
22 Dec 2019 13:56
exchanger1 wrote:

Cheers man
Crown later known as Poslednji
Crown aka Poslednji

chickenbutt
Donor

#13 » Post by chickenbutt » 22 Dec 2019 16:51

exchanger1 wrote:
22 Dec 2019 14:03
chickenbutt wrote:
22 Dec 2019 13:56
exchanger1 wrote:

Cheers man
Crown later known as Poslednji
Ah, yes. I remember you topping DPS meters very often on your arp DK. 😊 Happy holidays!