LF Swedish Lawyer - Graduation Project Help Required

Off-topic posts of interest to the World of Warcraft community.
Nyeriah

LF Swedish Lawyer - Graduation Project Help Required

#1 » Post by Nyeriah » 22 Dec 2018 00:08

Hej y'all,

It's been a long, long, long, long while since last time I have started anything on this place, but....

Long story short: life takes several turns, I passed first place in the entry exam of one of the best law universities we have here in Brazil and ever since then I have been dedicating a lot of time to studying laws, legislation, juridic practice and all that sort of thing. When I look back at my career here at this place and everything it kinda makes me feel like the life of a lawyer kinda fits me :thinking: haha! So... I'm studying to be a magistrate, second term now tho.

Anyways!

This is a huge thing, it's the assignment of my life, it's the project of my life: the graduation project! I have never invested so much into something in my life as I will invest in this project. It's huge, it's a life changing thing.

The theme I have chosen is: "The Swedish Juridic Practice and Legal System"

I aim to perform an extensive research on the svensk juridik praxis och lagen and tailor up comparisons with the Brazilian legal system, since I will have to somehow relate it to the things we study locally.

The kind of help I basically need is some minor orientation regarding where to look for information, like what books are recommended to a Swedish law student in their first years (sources of law in the Swedish juridic order, legislation, application of law and methods of interpretation... that sort of thing). I understand it may get mixed up with EU legislation at some point, that's fine too, I am willing to research that in order to provide a complete project.

I have... about 3 years and half to get this done, but since this is really huge I really need to administrate resources (time and money) well in order to reach the place I want with it. I need to have the plans laid out in the next 6 months or so, like which books I'll have to buy, what kind of expenses I will have to go over. For once I know I will have to travel to Sweden to buy books and research, since most bok stores don't ship to Brazil. And... without proper guidance I'll bust my budget and end up doing a mediocre job... so I need guidance!

YES, my Swedish isn't perfect, but I have been studying Swedish 8 hours per day lately so I should be able to get around reading books well enough...

Maybe I'm barking at the completely wrong tree when seeking help here, but I'll appreciate any help that can be given :P

This is really a huge thing and the most important assignment I had in my life and I will really put a lot into it. And if you are wondering why Sweden and why didn't I pick an easy assignment like all of the other students... Well, it's because I am dedicating it to someone who came into my life and very quickly became one of my greatest friends. It's a dedicatory work to an awesome guy who just knows the exact ways to make my days brighter and has been through a lot with me, supporting me and giving me hopes even when I thought about giving up on life. I know I have been more of a burden than a good friend, so this is my way of showing him how important he his and say tack for all that he has done for me. Patric är bäst :)

Yes, it's a very personal demonstration of affection and a way I have found to immortalize our friendship, seeing how time after time the research will be there for all of the other students that come after me to see it and study it. Knowledge is a way of making things eternal, and it's the reason why I want this to be perfect :)

Thanks for your time, and if anyone can help me, or knows anyone who could help me, feel free to post it here, or send me a message. I'll be thankful for any help I can get

...and well, if I don't get any help, that isn't going to stop me anyway... :)
Not the first challenge, won't be the last. Didn't get into it thinking it would be easy, I am ready for anything :)
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart:

Dreadnought101

Re: LF Swedish Lawyer - Graduation Project Help Required

#2 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 22 Dec 2018 07:57

Not a spambot Pogchamp

(For those that think this is a copypasta spambot, thats Nyeriah who has over 500 posts here, the study is safe...)
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

Roel
Founder

#3 » Post by Roel » 22 Dec 2018 09:00

I'm glad to know you're doing well and wish you good luck on that huge project. I don't know any books but there are special shipping companies that function as middle man if a company does not ship to your country. It should not be required to travel to a different country just to buy something if it's available online. The easiest would be if a US webshop sells them and you let them ship to an US address provided by the shipping company, then let the latter ship it to you.

Nyeriah

#4 » Post by Nyeriah » 22 Dec 2018 11:37

Dreadnought101 wrote:
22 Dec 2018 07:57
Not a spambot Pogchamp

(For those that think this is a copypasta spambot, thats Nyeriah who has over 500 posts here, the study is safe...)
I once had over 16 thousands!!! That's way over 9000k! Thanks for the support :)
Roel wrote:
22 Dec 2018 09:00
I'm glad to know you're doing well and wish you good luck on that huge project. I don't know any books but there are special shipping companies that function as middle man if a company does not ship to your country. It should not be required to travel to a different country just to buy something if it's available online. The easiest would be if a US webshop sells them and you let them ship to an US address provided by the shipping company, then let the latter ship it to you.

Hey, Roel! Thanks for the help, I really had no idea about such companies, I never really had to do anything like this so I get that brand new wild world feeling, but if I manage to find one of those that ship over to Brazil that would be of much help indeed! Thank you :) I will have a look around.
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

Eronox
MVP

#5 » Post by Eronox » 22 Dec 2018 21:33

Need more Swedes.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Nyeriah

#6 » Post by Nyeriah » 22 Dec 2018 23:51

Eronox wrote:
22 Dec 2018 21:33
Need more Swedes.
I agree! :D

Clone yourself! :P
― Johnny R. Cash

Jiranthos
Admin

#7 » Post by Jiranthos » 23 Dec 2018 15:56

Nyeriah wrote:
22 Dec 2018 23:51
Hi Nye!

You should really check out these middle-man shipping companies suggested by Roel and also try to find some online research.
Here's a few things you can do, if you want to study academic papers and refer to them in your own research:

1) Find a study
- Google Scholar will help you with this:
https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=e ... +law&btnG=

2) Find the DOI number of that article or Case Study.
Let's take that first article that pops up in that search: "The Swedish Law that Prohibits the Purchase of Sexual Services: Best Practices for Prevention of Prostitution and Trafficking in Human Beings" by Gunilla Ekberg.
If you click on it you get redirected to the publisher here
https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10 ... 1204268647

The DOI is included already in the link, but you can also find it on the page:
https://i.imgur.com/s0CbanI.png

3) Use SciHub (https://sci-hub.tw/) to prevent being cock-blocked by paywalls.
Most research publications require you to pay to download the research paper.
You can use the DOI number and SciHub to get direct free access to knowledge.
Let's take the same paper as example:
Enter the DOI on https://sci-hub.tw/ and you will result in - https://i.imgur.com/t90vrFh.jpg

https://sci-hub.tw/https://doi.org/10.1 ... 1204268647

Getting you free access to read all the knowledge you want.

If there are some books you know the titles of, you can also try LibGen (Library Genesis, https://libgen.pw/) to download books for free.

Here is "An Introduction to Swedish Law: Volume 1" by Stig Strömholm
https://libgen.pw/item/detail/id/5a1f05 ... 50f50b0006

Just click Get From Vault.

All of these methods are technically piracy but in the name of science, I cannot condone paywalls.

Stay safe and I wish you the best of luck in your research.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Nyeriah

#8 » Post by Nyeriah » 23 Dec 2018 18:12

Wow, that's really great, Jiranthos! Thank you so much for the help! :)

The more info I can gather from online sources the better, the best I'll be able to manage the budget. Some things are really interesting from the links you have given me, I'll certainly dedicate them some time.

Now having to go through the trip would be a hit judging how expensive it is, but I'm not all that bothered by it, since, afterall, gotta meet that one special friend at some point, right? :P

Thank you so much once again!
― Johnny R. Cash