Blizzard Talks About WoW Classic

Off-topic posts of interest to the World of Warcraft community.
Nyeriah

Blizzard Talks About WoW Classic

#1 » Post by Nyeriah » 18 Jun 2018 18:16

Hey,

Blizzard gave their first step forward about WoW Classic and posted a bit about the development process and the challenges they are going through to deliver it.

I know they're a large company and it is a completely different reality to ours but the reading was quite pleasing to me. I believe it strikes points that us who have some knowledge of the engineering behind World of Warcraft will find quite true and similar to what we always had through emulation, the concept of how data and scripts are integrated, for example.

http://www.wowhead.com/bluetracker?topic=21881587
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart:

IronSharona
Former Staff

Re: Blizzard Talks About WoW Classic

#2 » Post by IronSharona » 18 Jun 2018 19:04

This is really interesting to see and I completely agree about the similarities. Interesting how they seem to want to maintain backend added systems like achievements and transmogs. It almost sounds like they want what Primal is doing, but without the progression aspects. Maybe they should call us for some tips? haha.

I still remember being heartbroken when I got passed over for a job at Blizzard when I finished university, but it seems that I've managed to find many similar developmental experiences here. I think I lucked out in the end.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)