My bordem and games.

Off-topic posts of interest to the World of Warcraft community.
River
Donor

My bordem and games.

#1 » Post by River » 15 Jun 2011 15:51

So its summer time and I have a summer break from university and since its nice and warm outside i've been logging on less and less. I think its mainly down to the magic of reaching 80 on this server and hitting a brick wall of having nothing to do.(whoever said reaching 80 is where the real game began, was surly lying to me :p ).

This may not be the case for most people, im sure alot of people are quite content on sitting in dalaran all day showing off your gear ;D. I just feel like the world of warcraft world has become small since ive got to the end, like azeroth doesnt even need me, everything is just a stone throw away.

I'm glad ive had the chance to be here, and experince both sides, when i was younger i remember hearing about wow and thinking it was rather silly, but by chance, and having one nerdy ex boyfriend im here right now, soaking up the social life that is this server.

But like everything thats happened, to many people have left and have moved faction, and i feel like im here because this game reminds me of how much effort ive put into my toon, i feel like i want to play more of an mmo, just wow isnt doing it for me as much as i liked anymore.

So it leads me to the choice of the many other games out there, when i started playing truewow i would have never considered paying for a monthly service, but im more open to it now.

I was hoping some of you could give some ideas on what Alternatives there are, and their pros and cons (personal experinces)

One in paticular id like to try is Rift. (now i know alot of you are going to boo-hoo this just because of what it stands for) And no, a video on youtube doesnt help you form an opinion on the game, because before being here this server, i only saw cow shapes, explosions and alot of numbers when i watched wow related videos, unlike today where i appreciate what their trying to show.

Anyone else want to suggest something to try?

TL;DR I'm bored, i fancy trying a new game, specificly Rift, Yes or no? Suggestions of other good games would be welcomed :).

Oh and i like this kind of music :3

Accounts that matter to me.
Mekop - spriest/holypriest - 5.9 k pve and pvp
River - resto dudu - 6k pve and pvp

Prite

Re: My bordem and games.

#2 » Post by Prite » 15 Jun 2011 16:29

dunno about Rift, but talking about reaching lvl 80 and hit a brick wall I understand.
But you have a varierity of stuff you can do:
You can just go for gear, the best gear in the game, bla bla, which basically is u doing RHC and POS farm till u have 210 triumphs and some frosties, then do ICC till u drop lol and start praying for LK to open up.
YOu can just have a nice guild where they know there's more stuff to do other than to gear up and kill LK, like raiding Classic, TBC, etc, which will basically lead you to achievementes.
You can decide to do achievements, ppl may say bad things, but it gives u a goal while in lvl 80, searching the world for lost books, getting all the pets and mounts (which will make u be "exalted" with many races, etc...
On private servers some achiemvents and old raids may prove a big fail due not being scriptedd, it's a chance ppl have:/
That's the PvE vertent of the game, u can always go PvP that in my opinion is the best. unless u're the best player of your class in the world, u'll always learn new stuff on how to beat other players.. killing a warrior is not as killing a Raid Boss, where u know (with dbm for example) what he's going to do, that imprevisibility is what makes PvP fun, cause every battle is diferent, yes u have the achievements, yes u have to get gear the same way as u do for PvE but the "obstacles" u face are other people so the "game" is always changing, so u have to keep adjusting your tactics....

Sometimes is boring, but sometimes is nice, having good "friends" in the guild helps you pass the time.
"All Warfare is based on Deception."
"Dura Praxis, Sed Praxis"
"Engenhus Facultis"

Warpath

#3 » Post by Warpath » 15 Jun 2011 17:34

Prite needs an award.

Fenris

#4 » Post by Fenris » 15 Jun 2011 18:00

Rift is a very good game :)
Fenris - the ultimate tank

The angels sang out... in an immaculate chorus
And down from the heavens... descended Chuck Norris

Connery

#5 » Post by Connery » 15 Jun 2011 19:09

Or, you could stop playing wow. Yes, it is indeed a boring game. I hate it , but when there's a good game out, i complete it and i stuck with the WoW again. And in this city, there's not even a pub( Fact), there's nothing to do, i play wow. So, if you're not in my condition, wow is just a masturbation, not a game. There's no real strategy in it, there are just people, and textures. Everything repeat itself, and they make you repeat yourself too. All i want is, i wish i could continue drawing and writing, instead of playing WoW. Or, drop to school to run away from this lame-city.

Warpath

#6 » Post by Warpath » 15 Jun 2011 19:27

Connery, WoW is as much as fun as you make it fun for yourself.

Roel
Founder

#7 » Post by Roel » 15 Jun 2011 20:43

Warpath wrote:Connery, WoW is as much as fun as you make it fun for yourself.
So is Studying and a job ;)
If you would spend all your free time studying or working and do something useful while still having fun instead of playing games, going out or whatever... You could achieve a lot in life...

Warpath

#8 » Post by Warpath » 15 Jun 2011 20:52

Roel wrote:
Warpath wrote:Connery, WoW is as much as fun as you make it fun for yourself.
So is Studying and a job ;)
If you would spend all your free time studying or working and do something useful while still having fun instead of playing games, going out or whatever... You could achieve a lot in life...
Depends on a lot...

Connery

#9 » Post by Connery » 15 Jun 2011 20:54

Yeah, you're right about studying, but the thing is, i am too lazy. At least i deserve to be, i finished my thesis in my first year, because of boredom, and i'm thinking of expanding it further and publish it as a book this year, though it won't sell much since it is history. By the way, any good books you guys can recommend?

River
Donor

#10 » Post by River » 16 Jun 2011 01:32

So have any of you played rift? i've heard its a nice alternative to people who need something new to do as a mmo, im always quite impressed by the level of detail there is :o.

As far as wow goes, i'll answer a few things.

When i first began playing this game the world was big and unexplored, something i could put my own personality into, these days shortcuts have made azeroth seem so small, and it makes me sad :/.

I wont be leaving anytime soon, because like most people are aware of the addictive nature of this game, the community continues to keep you playing out of fear your not there for something. Ironicly 99% of the time nothing does happen, but if your not there for that 1% it can feel like you failed at the game, you failed at spending your time there in the first place.

I'm not interested in achievments, i havent been interested in any game with those inculded, and im only exalted with like 2 factions, just because they both benfit my toon. Infact i leave that for the people who cant help but play for those types of things.

When it comes to pvp, gah i dont know, im pretty good, but i ultimately suck being "pro" at my class, i mean i dont fail at it, but i certainly dont strike fear in the hearts of most people.
I think its because of my girl hands, and just my general lack of experince with key casting mmo style pvp ( i can click perfectly fine, but that doesnt cut it :/).

I'm just dissapointed that PVE hangs on the same few things over and over, which ultimatly all get you the same gear right now because of the content in this server. I mean, sure there great when you do these types or raids, but i dont fancy playing the same thing again and again.

As far as a guild goes, im stuck between a rock and a hard place, im in a dying guild that ive put so much effort into, theres simply nothing wrong, and i cant help but watch people leave for better guilds which cater for them. Mostly i think im a bit saddened that the people i leveled with have now either quit this server, or hardly log on anymore because they've reached the same place i have right now.

You know, i hate walls of text myself, but i feel this is pretty nice to vent what i was feeling. I was debating deleting this topic about 10 minutes ago until i saw the replies, even though most were offtopic and had nothing to do with this thread :p.

Maybe i should just stick with sunbathing for the summer and see if i regain my hunger to pos run/icc/weekly/RHC for everyday of my life :p.

thanks for reading, still taking suggestions on anything i could consider an alternative, or something im missing from this game ^^

Connery

#11 » Post by Connery » 16 Jun 2011 10:24

Liberty wrote:You know, i hate walls of text myself, but i feel this is pretty nice to vent what i was feeling. I was debating deleting this topic about 10 minutes ago until i saw the replies, even though most were offtopic and had nothing to do with this thread :p. [/color]
Yeah, this is how i steal the scene :P

As for the Rift, my friend played it and found it pretty original, especially the class system. But, if you want another universe, with different gameplay, i would suggest you to play Star Wars : Old Republic.

River
Donor

#12 » Post by River » 17 Jun 2011 13:31

Just incase anyone cares, i think ive found my answer in the form of three free mmo's!

I looked on steam, and steam is doing 3 free to play MMO's which look amazing :D.

Global agenda, Champions online and forsaken world ^^

Check them out, im downloading them right now ^^.

Message me if you want to try them out with me >:3

Edit: i dont really know the rules about offtopic, and if im violating them by announcing another game then im sorry :s (just mod edit my post :) )

narcissa

#13 » Post by narcissa » 17 Jun 2011 21:26

Liberty wrote:
When it comes to pvp, gah i dont know, im pretty good, but i ultimately suck being "pro" at my class, i mean i dont fail at it, but i certainly dont strike fear in the hearts of most people.
I think its because of my girl hands
lol?

Arnoxis

#14 » Post by Arnoxis » 18 Jun 2011 00:08

maybe shes a sexist who knows :/
its sad that so many people disrespect women these days

narcissa

#15 » Post by narcissa » 18 Jun 2011 01:05

Arnoxis wrote:its sad that so many people disrespect women these days
including women xD