Animes you watch

Off-topic posts of interest to the World of Warcraft community.
Dr. Who

Re: Animes you watch

#181 » Post by Dr. Who » 30 Apr 2015 00:47

Etro wrote:So, Dragon Ball Super was announced O.o
http://www.toei-animation.com/en/conten ... ball_super
You did a bad think? Does it affect me? No? Them Suffer in Silence.
You Crying now? You have no reason to cry, if some one cries is because they are sad.
For example,i cry because people are stupid what makes me sad.
And i'm not insane, my Mother had me tested.
by: "The Big Bang Theory -Sheldon Cooper"

Relina

#182 » Post by Relina » 30 Apr 2015 10:26

Dr. Who wrote:
Etro wrote:So, Dragon Ball Super was announced O.o
http://www.toei-animation.com/en/conten ... ball_super
Well that explains why they released an edited version of Dragon Ball Z, called Dragon Ball Kai.
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Dr. Who

#183 » Post by Dr. Who » 30 Apr 2015 15:43

at the start of the DragonBall Kai release i read somewhere the Akira Toriyama was saying that he didnt liked the way DragonBall Z came on animated TV so BragonDall Kai would be more accurate to the Manga he writed than DragonBall Z so that was the meaning of it.
You Crying now? You have no reason to cry, if some one cries is because they are sad.

Dr. Who

#184 » Post by Dr. Who » 27 May 2015 17:31

OMG did any one knew that Bleach Manga is ending?
and that the Anime will return at the manga end?
i used to see the Bleach when it was still coming out then it stopped so i never saw it again, but last week i got a nostalgic feeeling and started watch it again them after watch last episode ( 366 ) i just for curiosity google for info if anime would return and saw the news...

[hide="The end of Bleach in 2015 confirmed: When will anime return? When manga finishes"]Image
At long last, the end of the epic Bleach manga has been confirmed — Ichigo’s current battles in the 1000 Year War Arc against the Quincies will come to a close in 2015. This major news was accompanied with questions about the return of the popular anime show, as thousands of fans around the world have been asking since the final episode, “Will Bleach anime ever return?” Ecumenical News has revealed this Tuesday, August 26, 2014, that the animated show will in fact be making a possible comeback once Tite Kubo’s incredible tale of humans, hollows, and soul reapers finally ends.

Although Bleach may have had its anime series finish early (or be shut down due to an overload of filler episodes, says some sources) back in 2012 accompanied by the conclusion of the controversial Fullbring Arc, it seems our favorite Getsuga Tensho user is making his long awaited appearance (cue soundtrack music from the Rescue Rukia clip!). This arrival will be heralded sometime after the manga finishes its ongoing run. According to the report, Ichigo and his friends will make their incredible return to the small screen for fellow Japanese animation fans this 2015 once the manga formally ends.

POTENTIAL SPOILERS OF BLEACH MANGA AHEAD:

I personally may have be an ongoing fan of Bleach who still enjoyed the Fullbring Arc, but many readers understandably began losing interest in the series following the defeat of Sosuke Aizen to Ichigo’s Mugetsu technique. Quite a few believed that this downward spin in popularity and story continuity may have all been contributing factors in the ending of the Bleach anime seasons. Yet the manga has continued, and thank goodness for that.

With the Quincies’ arc making an amazing return for manga followers and showing that Tite Kubo certainly still has some surprises up his sleeve with solid art and quality, a renewed interest in Bleach has risen to the top of the heap. It appears that 2015 will be a culminating year for Bleach; this final 1000 Year War Arc has subsequently led to increased demand for news regarding the fates of Ichigo, Rukia, and Co., no doubt. An in-depth look is provided this week by iDigital Times in an interesting press release.

After all, Bleach left too many questions to simply fall off the scale for die-hard fans and simple enthusiasts of its storyline, art form, or themes. Will Aizen have a future role in the manga? Just what is Uryu’s part in the Quincy invasion? Who is the Soul King? And most importantly: what is Captain Shunsui Kyoraku’s bankai that we’re not supposed to see? We have to know!

While rumors as to the return of the Bleach anime in 2015 have been suggested for some time now, there is alleged confirmation of this great news for fellow fans of the manga that's been delivered this August. No official sources have commented on it quite yet, but it appears that there is a definite possibility of the anime reviving once the manga finishes up. The best point of news associated with this claim is that the anime return would not require any unnecessary filler episodes.

Others may only be getting (back) into Bleach now, but there’s definite reason to do so before the manga ends and the anime returns. From the history behind Quincy King and leader Yuha Bach (Ywach) to the secrets of his army attempting to conquer Soul Society and now the Royal Realm, it looks like there’s much in store before Ichigo can say his final goodbye. In addition to some captains still not revealing their Bankai, only Kubo knows what Bleach mastermind Kisuke Urahara has hidden in the fold of his clogs and hat.

Engaging storytelling is back with the current fight between Captain Toshirou Hitsugaya and Captain Mayuri Kurotsuchi (yes, Mayuri is up to his old tricks again involving drugs and meme-worthy laughter with the faithful Nemu at his side), but some long-anticipated secrets have already been revealed. From Kenpachi learning the name of his Zanpakuto to Retsu Unohana proving she was indeed the First Kenpachi behind that luring smile, the beginning of the Bleach manga again in 2015 can’t come soon enough for many fans.

So yes, without further ado, there are sources citing that the Bleach manga will have a confirmed end in 2015 with the current arc. Is it true? Hopefully. Yet an exact date as to when the anime will make its glorious return amid the speculation (from Pierrot Studios again, perhaps) has not been made public yet, and no concrete statement on the matter has been given. So fellow Bleach fans, are you excited about the potential behind this bankai worthy news? How do you think Ichigo’s story will come to an exciting close? And what fights in the current Quincy vs. Soul Reaper arc are you most looking forward to seeing adapted if and when the anime rolls around?[/hide]

Etro
Honorary Member

#185 » Post by Etro » 27 May 2015 22:59

I just watched Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis. I really enjoyed it.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Dr. Who

#186 » Post by Dr. Who » 24 Mar 2016 15:23

Updating my top anime list:

Captain Tsubasa - (1º anime i watched in my live. :roll: so good memories [PS:anime from1983])
Dragon Ball - (2º anime i started to watch and i still do , have the Best Anime Fights Ever)
Naruto - (good story , good action , some comedy , but unfortunately nothing is perfect so it have lots of Fillers)
Neo Genesis Evangelion - (have no words to describe it but need watch the movies after the anime to dont feel that bad taste of a bad ending)
Death Note - (great story that make you watch the next epi to see what is gona happen next)
Code Geass - (great story, the fight of big war Minds)
Fairy Tail - (median story with cool fights)
One Piece - (i like the comedy and have good fights)
Bleach - (bad story and to many "fillers" but have some really cool fights)
One Punch Man - (just 1 word is enough to describes it...amazing)
Prison School - (1 word - Hilarious ^_^ )
FullMetal Alchemist or FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - (both same story with the difference that Brotherhood have a better follow of the manga)
Initial D - (about illegal race and tuning car's, same as Fast and Furious movies [ just as example ] , have a good story)
Freezing - (some good fights but mostly well... i like boobs (.)(.) :lol: )
Highschool dxd - (well...same reason as Freezing :oops: )
Rosario Vampire - (same reason as Freezing but much better story)
Kill la Kill - (great ecchi comedy with nice story and smooth fights and some blood loss, alive vampire clothes that give powers, hehe)
.Hack - (well... better story than "SAO" on my opinion but we cant discuss tastes every one is different.)
Ajin - (i like the story untill now)
Hai to Gensou no Grimgar - (i'm not the kind of person that cry but i actualy cryed when Manato died :cry: )
God Eater - (Amazing Armageddon kind of anime)
Phantasy Star Online 2: The Animation - (same kind of anime but still Better than SAO :lol: )
Heavy Object - (i actually like allot this one, i had good laughs watching it )
Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakeri - (the dream of every OTAKU, normal human in normal world can go and come to that world where Elf's , Cat girls ,etc exists. ^_^ )
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! - (i had good time watching it, at first i thought was Ecchi but it ended up been a comedy :lol: )
Blood + and Blood c - ( different animes but i like them both same way , good Vampire kind of anime with lots of Blood ofc )
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu - (Alien taking over Human Bodies... just the idea... scary. but i liked the idea of human and alien join forces to a bigger end-survive)
SAO-Sword Art Online - (lame story but... to people dont say i didint mention it. ^_^ )

Anime Movies and Live Actions:
Akira - (Best Anime movie for me, it never gets old, great story)
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu - (same as anime description - note: it follows the anime really well)
Prison School - (same as anime description - note: it follows the anime really well)
Death Note - (have some gaps compared with the anime but its a movie so it will always miss something but still cool)

i could keep going :roll: ... but they are so many and i'm to lazy. :twisted:
Last edited by Dr. Who on 24 Mar 2016 16:38, edited 3 times in total.

Roel
Founder

#187 » Post by Roel » 24 Mar 2016 16:01

I think this is my new top 3 in no particular order:
- Hunter x Hunter (2011), I liked it way more than some of the more popular shonen. No fillers and very original.
- Code Geass, this really put Death Note to shame for me. Nothing else to compare it with.
- Steins;Gate, original take on time travel that blows your mind by the end.

Obviously nothing beats the awesomeness of Dragon Ball and One Punch Man but they are lacking in story compared to these.

Dr. Who

#188 » Post by Dr. Who » 24 Mar 2016 16:15

how could i forget Code Geass? omg... Big mistake i did. =P i will have to edid my previous post then. hehe
Steins Gate... i watched and was cool but... meh...
Hunter x Hunter only watched the old one and it didnt impressed me so like Steins gate i would not put it in my List. xD

ItchyVortex

#189 » Post by ItchyVortex » 24 Mar 2016 16:27

I will drop MAL here.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Esunna
Dr.Who wrote:Neo Genesis Evangelion - (have no words to describe it but need watch the movies after the anime to dont feel that bad taste of a bad ending)
Just watch End of Envangelion, Death and Rebirth is a recap of the anime + first 30 minutes of EoE for no reason.
You're not gonna be disappointed with EoE and it might change your perspective to the entire series!

I didnt watch much anime and this list might change soon, but heres my top3 so far:
- Code Geass, setting is very creative and Lelouch is the most interesting character in any fictional story, period.
- Neon Genesis Evangelion, starts simple and clean, ends up deep and messed up. A tragic story about loneliness with relatable chars.
- Ergo Proxy, i dont think its humanly possible to use more symbolism than this anime did.

Honorable mention: Kill la Kill, great comedy with a surprisingly good plot and chardev, they managed to turn fanservice and nudity into something natural and logical.
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

Dr. Who

#190 » Post by Dr. Who » 24 Mar 2016 16:40

ItchyVortex wrote:I will drop MAL here.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Esunna
Dr.Who wrote:Neo Genesis Evangelion - (have no words to describe it but need watch the movies after the anime to dont feel that bad taste of a bad ending)
Just watch End of Envangelion, Death and Rebirth is a recap of the anime + first 30 minutes of EoE for no reason.
You're not gonna be disappointed with EoE and it might change your perspective to the entire series!
i know,thats why i said that need to watch the movies at the end of the anime. =)

and i added Kill la Kill to my list to. ^_^
i watch anime since i was a kid and i'm 29 now so i watched so many over the years i cant remember all at same time. :lol:

davin

#191 » Post by davin » 24 Mar 2016 17:03

My Mal :D http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Vexar7 ... der=4&tag=
Dr.Who wrote: and i added Kill la Kill to my list to. ^_^
i watch anime since i was a kid and i'm 29 now so i watched so many over the years i cant remember all at same time. :lol:
This is why you make a Mal list to keep track of everything haha

Twinkiepoo

#192 » Post by Twinkiepoo » 24 Mar 2016 17:24

So many weaboos on this server

Jiranthos
Admin

#193 » Post by Jiranthos » 24 Mar 2016 17:27

Twinkiepoo wrote:So many weaboos on this server
Having a liking for anime doesn't make you a weeaboo. People can watch anime without collecting samurai swords, having a body pillow waifu and thinking Japan's xenophobic culture is the best and wishing to be welcomed in it and reject their own.

So many judgemental fucking pricks on this server.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Roel
Founder

#194 » Post by Roel » 24 Mar 2016 17:40

Yes I think anyone who likes regular movies or TV series will also like anime. And it will be a kind of anime that you didn't even know existed. Long ago I also thought that anime was just weird and for kids like pokemon but I have seen things that would give most kids nightmares :)

Dr. Who

#195 » Post by Dr. Who » 24 Mar 2016 17:47

Roel wrote:anime was just weird and for kids like pokemon but I have seen things that would give most kids nightmares :)
hahaha so true. ^_^