I'm bored

Off-topic posts of interest to the World of Warcraft community.
Floss

I'm bored

#1 » Post by Floss » 01 Sep 2016 01:25

I'll make this simple .
I work 5 days a week and "rest" on weekends.
On those weekends , i used to play wow atleast 4 hours each day.

Last 2 months , i barely play half an hour in total.

I'm very attached to my character . I'm very attached to my friends and guild.

That means that i don't want this to end. Not like this.

So i know this isn't new to you all but i want to see an attempt for a solution or progress And i will help in anyway i can .

What methods did you(staff) use to recruit more people or advertise the server in the past?? have you stopped using them ?

I still have goals to achieve here. Maybe some of them are selfish(like making another pvp video) , but the motive is mutual and serves the same purpose.

Maybe i'm alone in this but it just feels like you're slowly pulling the plug. I hope i'm wrong.

Suggestions?? (Not just staff)

Kniteknite

Re: I'm bored

#2 » Post by Kniteknite » 01 Sep 2016 05:06

I remember when We merged. WE were given vote points to use. I wonder if this might work as a carrot on a stick to potential tranfers here. Just 1 idea ...and i also remember BC having server advrt vid contests. We could get those going ;) Adverising is very useful, especially if it dosent cost anything except a little time, which, I believe, is a concern for some ~
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

Jiranthos
Admin

#3 » Post by Jiranthos » 01 Sep 2016 10:10

We're not intentionally "pulling the plug", but the population is what it is. The staff is working very hard every day to provide the greatest service and bug free content, but it seems that is not enough for the community. If you have any ideas, suggestions or if you could recruit 2 people or vote, thank you already for that.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

milanlord

#4 » Post by milanlord » 01 Sep 2016 10:32

@ Floss, start doing PVE with us, like me to help us get back old players :)

@ Server staff, Update PVP Monthly stats board please, post SS's on Facebook page too. Use that Facebook page more often to post even a tiny change that you fixed/improved on the server or that some event happened.

Facebook page has around 4k+ likes If I'm not wrong. I'm sure big number of those people who liked page don't play anymore. Maybe we could get them back if they see for example Dalaran arena and ROV are working again. If you put only one post per month, its not a good sign. Don't underestimate the power of Facebook :)

Also get back that event which one GM made about taking random SS's of people in raid, I think that was a really nice idea and post those pictures on Facebook.

Made a decision about icc buff, I think now is the right moment, since the summer is ending.

Overall I think staff did everything they could, its up to the players will they come to play or not.

I hope staff won't get me wrong cause I pointed out these few things, I know its easy to say but not that easy to do, since we all lack time, these are just my suggestions :)
Retired - Sadly I can't agree with cf bg's being a good choice for the server. The only thing we got with this feature is less bg's nowadays and less people online and I can't participate in this big mistake.

Jiranthos
Admin

#5 » Post by Jiranthos » 01 Sep 2016 10:40

Thank you for your suggestions Milanlord, I didn't get you wrong. :)

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

blagovest_tonev

#6 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 01 Sep 2016 10:41

Have you thought of farming achievements?

keez
Donor

#7 » Post by keez » 01 Sep 2016 12:42

Floss wrote:I'm very attached to my character . I'm very attached to my friends and guild.

That means that i don't want this to end. Not like this.
Floss <3

Boxis
Donor

#8 » Post by Boxis » 01 Sep 2016 12:57

After playing my main char for more than 7 years and achieving everything what I wanted, I think it's understandable that I no longer have motivation to play the game especially after almost all my friends stopped playing already.

However, I don't feel like making such goodbye topics because I still think that it makes more harm than good. On top of that, if you don't play the game anymore, it doesn't mean you can't read the forums and actively participate in general topics or suggestions.

Frankly, even when you don't have the motivation to play the game anymore, it's not that easy to completely leave the server after such a long time.

On topic: Every suggestion which would improve the server in some way is good suggestion.

Fastor

#9 » Post by Fastor » 01 Sep 2016 13:02

Boxis wrote: it doesn't mean you can't read the forums and actively participate in general topics or suggestions.
:tick:

Fárlight

#10 » Post by Fárlight » 01 Sep 2016 13:40

I don't know if a youtuber plays on TrueWoW but most PrimalWoW players come from Hamsterwheel. If there is a one ask him/her to make some videos of TrueWoW raiding ;). Or just record your guild runs and upload it.
PW:
Farlight level 70 warrior Arms
TW:
I don't have any chars

Floss

#11 » Post by Floss » 01 Sep 2016 14:03

When i made this post ,i meant to trigger something in every person who reads it.

Sure it's annoying to read it but it felt like the issue is known and being collectively ignored.Hence, i decided to post it in "Off topic" which is the most active tab and not in "General Discussion"or w/e .

@ Milan , I support all of your ideas , Facebook or even youtube can be very productive. maybe we can contact some famous person and convince him to advertise us.
I can't do pve because i can't Commit to investing hours in raiding.

@ Jiranthos , Staff service and investment in server is well noted and appreciated , but it's all to better the server from within and not to better it's image to the outsider community.

@ Keez , Your departure caused all of this!

@ Boxis , I'm not leaving , this is no goodbye or drama post and i'm pretty active on forums.

To sum up , we're not kids , we barely have time for our own RL issues/Requirements , but if someone has time to type a doable simple suggestion like Milan's ,just go for it.

I'll check out the youtube idea , maybe contact a famous gaming channel.
There's a guy called 3ni9ma , i used to ask him for advices on editing and such. wish me luck!

Thanks for Commenting.

Fárlight

#12 » Post by Fárlight » 01 Sep 2016 14:13

Gl with making videos!
PW:
Farlight level 70 warrior Arms
TW:
I don't have any chars

Justicelight
Donor

#13 » Post by Justicelight » 01 Sep 2016 14:50

We have better chance to increase our population by spending time on finding servers that want to merge with us. Their fans will be our fans and so on...
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Floss

#14 » Post by Floss » 01 Sep 2016 18:26

Fárlight wrote:Gl with making videos!
Ty!
Justicelight wrote:We have better chance to increase our population by spending time on finding servers that want to merge with us. Their fans will be our fans and so on...
+1

mcheka

#15 » Post by mcheka » 02 Sep 2016 13:23

I don't think the staff has pulled the plug at all. Many positive changes are happening both internally (tons of excellent bug fixes) and externally (better website news section). It's hard to pinpoint exactly why population has been lower, but maybe people are simply bored of the content -- or maybe external advertising on social media and vote sites (which are rigged for those servers with money) really is that important and we don't do well there. Server merges would be ideal, but decent candidates are few and far between and it's uncertain if any would want to merge.

Nice "call to arms" though Floss, I think you might be one of the most passionate about this issue so props for the thread.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition