I'm bored

Off-topic posts of interest to the World of Warcraft community.
Floss

Re: I'm bored

#16 » Post by Floss » 02 Sep 2016 16:15

mcheka wrote:I don't think the staff has pulled the plug at all. Many positive changes are happening both internally (tons of excellent bug fixes) and externally (better website news section). It's hard to pinpoint exactly why population has been lower, but maybe people are simply bored of the content -- or maybe external advertising on social media and vote sites (which are rigged for those servers with money) really is that important and we don't do well there. Server merges would be ideal, but decent candidates are few and far between and it's uncertain if any would want to merge.

Nice "call to arms" though Floss, I think you might be one of the most passionate about this issue so props for the thread.

Thank you Dan.

I can't imagine why other 3.3.5 blizzlike servers (which only a few remained) wouldn't merge with us. If it's a matter of Ego then thats just sad.
I think all Admins should "meet" and propose some sort of an agreement , it's not like they're making a noticeable amount of money from this.

Another suggestion that many don't like, we could merge with a semi blizzlike server(say 10x) and reset the new players gear to a standard 5.8k GS or something.

Fárlight

#17 » Post by Fárlight » 02 Sep 2016 16:23

What should can happen too that people from PrimalWoW that plays it for a half year + on the server gets a free lvl 80 with standard gear. like 3 years on TrueWoW. So they can check why people of Primal plays on Primal and goes with TrueWoW too ;).
PW:
Farlight level 70 warrior Arms
TW:
I don't have any chars

mcheka

Re: RE: Re: I'm bored

#18 » Post by mcheka » 02 Sep 2016 16:33

Floss wrote:
mcheka wrote:I don't think the staff has pulled the plug at all. Many positive changes are happening both internally (tons of excellent bug fixes) and externally (better website news section). It's hard to pinpoint exactly why population has been lower, but maybe people are simply bored of the content -- or maybe external advertising on social media and vote sites (which are rigged for those servers with money) really is that important and we don't do well there. Server merges would be ideal, but decent candidates are few and far between and it's uncertain if any would want to merge.

Nice "call to arms" though Floss, I think you might be one of the most passionate about this issue so props for the thread.

Thank you Dan.

I can't imagine why other 3.3.5 blizzlike servers (which only a few remained) wouldn't merge with us. If it's a matter of Ego then thats just sad.
I think all Admins should "meet" and propose some sort of an agreement , it's not like they're making a noticeable amount of money from this.

Another suggestion that many don't like, we could merge with a semi blizzlike server(say 10x) and reset the new players gear to a standard 5.8k GS or something.
I believe that most players on other servers wouldn't accept that, and it might be time to swallow our pride and if some server was willing to merge, even if it was 10x leveling speed, perhaps their players should be allowed to keep their gear. But I'm just speculating -- are there even servers out there fitting any of this criteria?

Fárlight wrote:What should can happen too that people from PrimalWoW that plays it for a half year + on the server gets a free lvl 80 with standard gear. like 3 years on TrueWoW. So they can check why people of Primal plays on Primal and goes with TrueWoW too ;).

Sounds like an excellent idea to me, also helping to promote ties between our twin communities TW and PW, and I doubt such a move would cannibalize the PW playerbase as it has a different appeal, but for those players who wanna have some alts in WotLK would be welcome (but might still be dangerous to PW's pppulation, so this needs to be considered carefully).
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

Fárlight

#19 » Post by Fárlight » 02 Sep 2016 16:39

Well someone can make the suggestion! You get already a +1 of me
PW:
Farlight level 70 warrior Arms
TW:
I don't have any chars

Floss

#20 » Post by Floss » 02 Sep 2016 21:04

mcheka wrote: are there even servers out there fitting any of this criteria?
Yes , I ran a search in this site today ,not gonna mention a specific server but many 3.3.5 servers seem decent and with good population.

we are #69 on that list btw.
Fárlight wrote:What should can happen too that people from PrimalWoW that plays it for a half year + on the server gets a free lvl 80 with standard gear. like 3 years on TrueWoW. So they can check why people of Primal plays on Primal and goes with TrueWoW too ;).
Great idea , but the risk that Dan mentioned can't be ignored.

Anyway , it's all up to our admins , we can't do much ourselves.

Royo

#21 » Post by Royo » 03 Sep 2016 04:44

mcheka wrote: I believe that most players on other servers wouldn't accept that, and it might be time to swallow our pride and if some server was willing to merge, even if it was 10x leveling speed, perhaps their players should be allowed to keep their gear. But I'm just speculating -- are there even servers out there fitting any of this criteria?
You're absolutely right about this. In my opinion, it's stupid to have their gear reset. Whether they worked for it or bought it with IRL cash, they earned their right to obtain this gear. Who are we to have them reset their gear?

I agree with Justicelight and mcheka --- the only way we can increase TrueWoW's population is by merging with others, even then, it's a slim chance because, as mcheka mentioned, we have too much pride.

Justicelight
Donor

#22 » Post by Justicelight » 03 Sep 2016 08:31

It shouldn't be one merge and that's it. What we must do is a merge project, multiple servers at once, but again, it's hard to find the servers and I dont know how owners feel about it since it will imply sharing benefits.
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Fastor

#23 » Post by Fastor » 03 Sep 2016 10:40

Floss wrote:Yes , I ran a search in this site today ,not gonna mention a specific server but many 3.3.5 servers seem decent and with good population.

we are #69 on that list btw.
We are that low on list because we didnt even had our votes registered while we had that site on vote list. Its one of five that admins kicked.

And according to all under 10th spot, no one care for that site.

PS: l do think this server needs decent shutdown. Devs went whole lot into Primal and even now l dont see class fixes scheduled here http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 1&start=90 as they should be since were alarmed by players (which most of them left). Scripts vs Population, well its always winning for bunch of people together trying to overcome bugs, not single player trying to overcome first boss in icc with all working scripts. And we are now on low edge of population where we barely can make 10 most of time.

Floss

#24 » Post by Floss » 03 Sep 2016 11:25

Fastor wrote: PS: l do think this server needs decent shutdown. Devs went whole lot into Primal and even now l dont see class fixes scheduled here http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 1&start=90 as they should be since were alarmed by players (which most of them left). Scripts vs Population, well its always winning for bunch of people together trying to overcome bugs, not single player trying to overcome first boss in icc with all working scripts. And we are now on low edge of population where we barely can make 10 most of time.
Scripts vs Population is a wrong concept . It doesn't always have to be one without the other.
It just seems that fixing a bug is more practical than "going out looking for players".
If you meant that fixing a bug keeps players , seems unlikely to me.

Justice is right about a "Merging agenda" , we can like make a schedule with dates that other servers would join at . Can even be months between two merges .
But we have to convince the other servers first.

Nymunne
Former Staff

#25 » Post by Nymunne » 03 Sep 2016 11:47

You are always free to suggest a server for merge. Sadly in most cases there are no replies given back when they are being contacted and not all the time the answer is in our favor. It's not so easy into merging two servers as you think but every suggestion and even a server that you have in mind that could merge with us is welcomed to be checked out.

Knewklear
Donor

#26 » Post by Knewklear » 20 Sep 2016 02:08

Merge with DalaranWoW. There, I said it.

Nyeriah

#27 » Post by Nyeriah » 20 Sep 2016 02:14

That server isn't a valid choice. Not only have they said they would never merge with any server, they don't even have a server with ICC released that is suitable to a merge with ours, so why?

Knewklear
Donor

#28 » Post by Knewklear » 20 Sep 2016 02:43

K.

mcheka

#29 » Post by mcheka » 20 Sep 2016 17:46

Dalaran is a progressive server on the ToC patch so the only possibility I'd see is for us to merge into them (since they are bigger) with template level 80 chars, losing our gear etc. Even if the staff and our players did hypothetically want that, Dala is very unlikely to accept that.

No need to be edgy with your "K." -- it simply doesn't seem be an option, even if we'd want it.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

Fastor

#30 » Post by Fastor » 20 Sep 2016 18:01

Damn it you are confusing me. So K is Knewklear and KK is Kniteknite? Or is it other way?