Free TW's "negative celebrities" ?

Off-topic posts of interest to the World of Warcraft community.

Should we free TW's "celebrities" for fun?

Poll ended at 04 Aug 2016 20:09

1. Unban both of them with "special treatment".
100%
2. Unban only Eryx with "special treatment".
No votes
3. Unban only Xtreme with "special treatment".
No votes

Total votes: 1

Justicelight
Donor

Free TW's "negative celebrities" ?

#1 » Post by Justicelight » 21 Jul 2016 20:09

I hope you won't come back at me with hate or any other emotion for doing this. Across years of playing WoW, each server built up their negative jokers which harm players with insults or gamebreaking illegal mechanics.

I`m making this topic in order to see what TW population has to say once again about the two of them: XTREME and ERYX, two of most unwanted players of the server.

I believe that the way they got handled was not very specific to their style of playing on our server. Hence I am proposing this pole in order to see if we can unban them but apply to them afterwards a "special treatment".

"SPECIAL TREATMENT":
- any report made will not be much calculated, and it will lead very fast to a ban, without deep investigation.
- the players envolved will be banned for shorter duration (3 weeks), but more often (check first line).
- once the specific players get banned it will be announced globally in-game, so that the community will see that there is somewhere there handling them 24/7.
- each time the player get's banned, he loses a gear item from inventory, or equipped item, basically stripping them off for their behaviour.

All of this imposes an advanced discipline, players will always enjoy bad players and this is something that we need to start doing if we want to preserve some of the good players from leaving. You will always enjoy killing Eryx or Xtreme in a pvp situation more than other players, this is the core of this topic.

Bring them back to life, so we can kill them with our hands!
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Nyeriah

Re: Free TW's "negative celebrities" ?

#2 » Post by Nyeriah » 21 Jul 2016 20:14

I'll go ahead and lock this because this only attempts to raise a popular commotion against a decision taken by the staff that will not be reverted.

Both cases were discussed internally and the majority of the staff has agreed on the outcomes.

Besides, this "special treatment" proposed is rather too lenient (why abusers deserve leniency over others?) that I really don't see any way that would ever work out...