Question.

Off-topic posts of interest to the World of Warcraft community.
Justicelight
Donor

Question.

#1 » Post by Justicelight » 04 Jul 2016 18:09

Hi, I feel ashamed.

What is "Stalker Menu" style ? (when you mouse over the top right icon, next to chat button)

Thanks. :D
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Etro
Honorary Member

Re: Question.

#2 » Post by Etro » 04 Jul 2016 19:09

It's the option I added to disable the goddamnWhyAnybodyUsesMyTheme annoying bar from following you. Most people have it disabled or don't use my theme at all.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Relina

#3 » Post by Relina » 04 Jul 2016 19:38

I for one actually like it :D
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Etro
Honorary Member

#4 » Post by Etro » 04 Jul 2016 20:12

I like it too, that's why I implemented it, but it seems me and you are a rare species D,:
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Pivopija

#5 » Post by Pivopija » 04 Jul 2016 20:13

Its really cool but doesn't work always :(

Etro
Honorary Member

#6 » Post by Etro » 04 Jul 2016 20:26

What do you mean it doesn't work always O.o?

Pivopija

#7 » Post by Pivopija » 05 Jul 2016 14:35

Well its always ON and yet sometimes doesn't follow ..when u scroll down it just vanish :(

Eronox
MVP

#8 » Post by Eronox » 06 Jul 2016 15:09

Etro wrote:It's the option I added to disable the goddamnWhyAnybodyUsesMyTheme annoying bar from following you. Most people have it disabled or don't use my theme at all.
Sir, I'm a website developer myself and I can with true honesty claim your work to be totally amazing! I believe your effort at this community have not only improved its quality, but also its state to persist. This is a off-topic post anyways, therefor I shall grant myself the privilige to tell you that I'm not a fan of the Post Icon option (the PW/TW icon). It's feature is great and a good idea, but how you implented it is a.. negative. Whoever did it, edited the php file inside /theme and therefor it is to be shown quite everywhere. This makes confusions sometimes, and also makes it rather harder to make it a mandatory function for desired forum sections as the Support or Report one.

Again, please excuse me for creating a post on a full-note ofside the threads cause.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Etro
Honorary Member

#9 » Post by Etro » 06 Jul 2016 15:25

Pivopija wrote:Well its always ON and yet sometimes doesn't follow ..when u scroll down it just vanish :(
Hmmm, never encountered this myself and it's the first time someone tells me this happens. What browser do you use (I use latest Firefox but I've tested in on Chrome too)? Also, the script requires to have javascript and local storage enabled. Maybe you have a browser addon that is interrupting any of those things? Or maybe the page doesn't load entirely for you (scripts are at the end of the template)?
Eronox wrote:
Etro wrote:It's the option I added to disable the goddamnWhyAnybodyUsesMyTheme annoying bar from following you. Most people have it disabled or don't use my theme at all.
Sir, I'm a website developer myself and I can with true honesty claim your work to be totally amazing! I believe your effort at this community have not only improved its quality, but also its state to persist. This is a off-topic post anyways, therefor I shall grant myself the privilige to tell you that I'm not a fan of the Post Icon option (the PW/TW icon). It's feature is great and a good idea, but how you implented it is a.. negative. Whoever did it, edited the php file inside /theme and therefor it is to be shown quite everywhere. This makes confusions sometimes, and also makes it rather harder to make it a mandatory function for desired forum sections as the Support or Report one.

Again, please excuse me for creating a post on a full-note ofside the threads cause.
Hey, thanks for the nice words about my work.

Sorry, but I'm not understanding what you mean by the negative of the post icons implementation. If you could rephrase, please.

I implemented the mandatory function of it, but the post icons come with the phpbb forum software. Also, there was no php work to make them mandatory. It's just a simple JS script that sets the submit button as disabled if "none" topic icon is checked. Adding forums that we want to make mandatory is easy, as it is just adding an URL with the #ID of the forum we want to include in the condition.

Eronox
MVP

#10 » Post by Eronox » 06 Jul 2016 15:42

Etro wrote:
the post icons come with the phpbb forum software. Also, there was no php work to make them mandatory. It's just a simple JS script that sets the submit button as disabled if "none" topic icon is checked. Adding forums that we want to make mandatory is easy, as it is just adding an URL with the #ID of the forum we want to include in the condition.
Ah yes, I did not think about the JS way. I saw it as a edit in the template files since the theme of yours is built on PBWoW3. Yet again you are claiming yourself to be astounishing! You don't happen to have somewhat of a portfolio somewhere?

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Etro
Honorary Member

#11 » Post by Etro » 06 Jul 2016 16:20

Heh, you're being way too nice xD Thanks.

No, I don't have a portfolio. My interest in web development and design was pretty much born here almost 3 years ago: http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10245 .

The things that comes the closest to a portfolio would be these topics:
- http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15179
- http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=11516 (altho images seem to have expired)
- http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=13781