Warcraft The Begining.

Off-topic posts of interest to the World of Warcraft community.
benzviliran

Warcraft The Begining.

#1 » Post by benzviliran » 11 Jun 2016 21:03

So, i just came back from the movie of the game ive been playing since i was a child (played warcraft 1+2 +expansions +wc3 +expansion and ofc WOW .

so ofc i was excited to watch a movie about those games xd, i also like the lore and thats one of many reasons why i like wc and wow.

so i made this post to recommend a really good movie about wow for a wow player it should be very joyfull, for normal person who havent seen wow it would be a fine movie aswell but honestly wow players will really enjoy it, specially those who like the lore.

cant wait for watching the next movie so i really recommend you to watch the first one aswell, heres the trailer for a little teasing for those who havent watched yet and perhaps for those who still need an encouragement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rxoz13Bthc
I am the swarm

nikkal
Donor

Re: Warcraft The Begining.

#2 » Post by nikkal » 11 Jun 2016 22:00

Seen it, i can also recommend it. +1 and lots lots and lots of battles!

Kniteknite

#3 » Post by Kniteknite » 12 Jun 2016 00:03

[youtube]DM8PtsQl-bU[/youtube] ^_^
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

Longi

#4 » Post by Longi » 12 Jun 2016 00:46

about this fakin movie ... im drunk but ... helll ... WTF blizzard did with Elves .. .they are fakin chinese ? im not damn rasist but what the hell ... they kiled it with their fakin eyes ...

movie is fine but you have to know lore, if you dont know more about story you will be lost ...

sorry for spoiler but that fakin blizzard and their elves... like seriouisly ...... fuck this

edit : same shit thing about that black guys ... WTF is this shit ... every fakin new game / movie " MUST " have black guy or girl in main role .... fuck your self ...what is this ...

Aggressive

#5 » Post by Aggressive » 12 Jun 2016 03:08

wtf did i just read

Wilcox

#6 » Post by Wilcox » 12 Jun 2016 03:19

Longi wrote:about this fakin movie ... im drunk but ... helll ... WTF blizzard did with Elves .. .they are fakin chinese ? im not damn rasist but what the hell ... they kiled it with their fakin eyes ...

movie is fine but you have to know lore, if you dont know more about story you will be lost ...

sorry for spoiler but that fakin blizzard and their elves... like seriouisly ...... fuck this

edit : same shit thing about that black guys ... WTF is this shit ... every fakin new game / movie " MUST " have black guy or girl in main role .... fuck your self ...what is this ...
i know that you're autistic but this comment is beyond the borders of autism, well done on skipping the next 5 levels

ot; the movie was amazing, seeing all those cities that I've been in and through thousands of times over the course of years was simply a marvelous feeling, hearing the theme songs and understanding what comes next accordingly, it was simply brilliant. every warcraft ''''''lore'''''' fan MUST see this movie!

although, there were some major changes too. such as;

[hide]orgrim's origin[/hide]

marko1984

#7 » Post by marko1984 » 12 Jun 2016 09:18

Movie is great although longi has a point about the elves appereance
Also can someone explain why is dalaran flying? thats the only thing i dont understand... it shouldnt fly till after archi destroys it or am i wrong?
Three mages!

Longi

#8 » Post by Longi » 12 Jun 2016 09:21

Wilcox wrote:
i know that you're autistic but this comment is beyond the borders of autism, well done on skipping the next 5 levels

ot; the movie was amazing, seeing all those cities that I've been in and through thousands of times over the course of years was simply a marvelous feeling, hearing the theme songs and understanding what comes next accordingly, it was simply brilliant. every warcraft ''''''lore'''''' fan MUST see this movie!

although, there were some major changes too. such as;

[hide]orgrim's origin[/hide]
thanks Wilcox

benzviliran

#9 » Post by benzviliran » 12 Jun 2016 10:34

marko1984 wrote:Movie is great although longi has a point about the elves appereance
Also can someone explain why is dalaran flying? thats the only thing i dont understand... it shouldnt fly till after archi destroys it or am i wrong?

i cant remember if in the movie it was floating, u could see they arrive in the sky but i havent noticed if its just that dalaran was really tall but im pretty sure dalaran before it was restored and moved into northrend it was not floating in the air before archimond destroyed it.

see herehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3BxvHhz4XQ

also im not sure if there will be another warcraft movie as from a small research ive seen that 160million$ was spent on creating the movie and so far not many watched it.
I am the swarm

marko1984

#10 » Post by marko1984 » 12 Jun 2016 10:40

Nah, khadgar even said floating city, and it was flying trust me, i have eyes for details
Three mages!

Wilcox

#11 » Post by Wilcox » 12 Jun 2016 12:42

marko1984 wrote:Nah, khadgar even said floating city, and it was flying trust me, i have eyes for details
yes, another lore change, probably to make it interesting for the non-warcraft-fan side of things

benzviliran

#12 » Post by benzviliran » 12 Jun 2016 13:57

Wilcox wrote:
marko1984 wrote:Nah, khadgar even said floating city, and it was flying trust me, i have eyes for details
yes, another lore change, probably to make it interesting for the non-warcraft-fan side of things
true, however it is sad that there wont be a second warcraft movie :S
I am the swarm

Jiranthos
Admin

#13 » Post by Jiranthos » 12 Jun 2016 14:30

Dalaran was originally situated on the ground on the other side of Lake Lordamere across the palace of Lordaeron (current Undercity). You can log in and go north of Tarren Mill (Hillsbrad Foothills) to see the crater it left in the ground when the Magi of Kirin Tor raised it up and relocated it to Northrend.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Gnurg

#14 » Post by Gnurg » 12 Jun 2016 15:05

I believe they made Dalaran flying in the movie to underline that it is The Magical Kingdom of Dalaran. Nothing says magic like a hovering city.

[hide="Don't look if you haven't seen the movie!"]More important changes in the movie would be that orcs didn't take control of Stormwind (unless that's in the next part of sequel) and how Garona (controlled by Gul'dan) didn't assassinate Llane after the orcs took Stormwind, but rather in the final assault encouraged by Llane himself.

Mak'gora (orc duel) got a very huge part in the movie, which lead to allowing Lothar to 'castrate' and kill Blackhand in the duel, where in the lore it's Orgrim that kills Blackhand much later into the story.

Gul'dan was as well very far forward in movie. Lore-wise he should be hiding behind Blackhand, using him to bring out his plans. I suppose it was made like this to easily point out the villain?[/hide]

I enjoyed the movie and I would say that you don't really need to know much about the lore. There are like 6 major characters (Lothar, Khagdar, Medivh, Gul'dan, Garona and Durotan) that are fairly easy to pick up appearance and plot wise. Locations are fairly limited too (Dalaran, Stormwind, Karazhan and some Orcish camp by the Dark Portal), which WoW-players should be familiar with.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Wilcox

#15 » Post by Wilcox » 12 Jun 2016 18:34

benzviliran wrote:
Wilcox wrote:
true, however it is sad that there wont be a second warcraft movie :S
how do you know this? the end of the movie was like.. didn't really feel like an end, it felt like more was going to come. im pretty sure blizzard will film more, or (i hope) they could even make series out of warcraft which would be completely fucking amazing