Blizzard to reveal new WoW expansion next week

Off-topic posts of interest to the World of Warcraft community.
.CoolFangs

Blizzard to reveal new WoW expansion next week

#1 » Post by .CoolFangs » 29 Jul 2015 20:12

Amorandron

Re: Blizzard to reveal new WoW expansion next week

#2 » Post by Amorandron » 29 Jul 2015 23:42

Seriously? There was only 1 real patch in WoD... They are realy going to fuck up if they let players wait for another year like they did with SoO.

Roel
Founder

#3 » Post by Roel » 29 Jul 2015 23:44

They have always announced an expansions at least a year before the actual release.

adam2980

#4 » Post by adam2980 » 30 Jul 2015 10:23

Prime wrote:They have always announced an expansions at least a year before the actual release.
But we most likely won't wait a year, since they've said they want to do an expansion a year. Also, they have no more planned patches for WoD, and I'm sure they don't want another SOO/ICC/Dragon Soul wait.. Hopefully tho.

.doctorwho

#5 » Post by .doctorwho » 30 Jul 2015 16:23

I don't even want to see how much worse they can make it, but I know I won't be able to look away from this slow motion train wreck either.

Cleofatra

#6 » Post by Cleofatra » 30 Jul 2015 16:44

Banned for advertising other servers :p

Evilor

#7 » Post by Evilor » 02 Aug 2015 11:03

Maybe they're switching to shorter expansions, releasing small content more frequent?
Just an idea, I'm among betrayed camp. WoD had so much promise but ultimately squished.
I’ve seen Chronicles of Narnia, I KNOW what a Blitzkrieg is.

Antidote, Shadow Priest of <Mystic>
Ultranumb, Hunter

saben
Donor

#8 » Post by saben » 02 Aug 2015 11:10

Evilor wrote:Maybe they're switching to shorter expansions, releasing small content more frequent?
Just an idea, I'm among betrayed camp. WoD had so much promise but ultimately squished.
I believe they stated early on WOD was gonna be a shorter expansion with more frequent content releases.

Based on the content I have seen released, it seems to be more and more of a money grab trying to milk WoW for as much money as possible before even the most loyal fans get fed up and leave.

Personally, I left early WoD having never raided past LFR because who really wants to do the same raid at 3-4 different difficulties? That and the entire world just seems dead and lonely when everyone isn't even sitting in a capital city queueing for dungeons, they are sitting in their kingdoms of loneliness, sending out their slaves to go into dangerous situations all to pad their own pockets.
Saben - Undead Mage

Evilor

#9 » Post by Evilor » 04 Aug 2015 11:32

saben wrote: I believe they stated early on WOD was gonna be a shorter expansion with more frequent content releases.

Based on the content I have seen released, it seems to be more and more of a money grab trying to milk WoW for as much money as possible before even the most loyal fans get fed up and leave.

Personally, I left early WoD having never raided past LFR because who really wants to do the same raid at 3-4 different difficulties? That and the entire world just seems dead and lonely when everyone isn't even sitting in a capital city queueing for dungeons, they are sitting in their kingdoms of loneliness, sending out their slaves to go into dangerous situations all to pad their own pockets.
I was stating obvious then, sorry didn't really follow pre-WOD world at all.
Agreed, like, who doesn't think now WoD wasn't well made?

When leveling I thought WoD was awesome.
Then hit cap got slammed face with garrison, pointless crystal dailies and epic ring line. At first I was allured by idea of being commander and sending followers out. I had just previously played Dragon age inquisition that had same sort of mechanic. But Inquisition had ending, mmo's don't. It's like mediocre facebook game, tiny pointless tasks that don't feel rewarding in the slightest.
I’ve seen Chronicles of Narnia, I KNOW what a Blitzkrieg is.

Antidote, Shadow Priest of <Mystic>
Ultranumb, Hunter

.Emma

#10 » Post by .Emma » 04 Aug 2015 15:24

Whatever they do , I hope they don't do any water expansions , with naga and all that.

.Xannidel

#11 » Post by .Xannidel » 04 Aug 2015 22:03

Personally, Naga would not be the WORST idea, but if they DO make zones that revolve around underwater combat and the likes of Vashir; then they better do a better job because while I liked the zone, the combat was awkward and Hyjal was just better in every way shape and form.

.Emma

#12 » Post by .Emma » 06 Aug 2015 19:26

Looks pretty good ...Demon Hunters ...hmm

Dreadnought101

#13 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 06 Aug 2015 20:42

To much stuff, to many promises like WoD, doubt it will go anywhere. The problem after WotlK (or BC if thats how you want to cut it) is that it just got to casual and easy to get everything. The fun for me was the journey, and FINALLY getting the to the end. Now they push the end in your face.

Also RIP Lore. Pretty sure that Nobbel guy is going to be pissed.
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

.doctorwho

#14 » Post by .doctorwho » 06 Aug 2015 23:48

The Burning Legion and the Demon Hunters seem kind of interesting, but not enough to get me to buy two expansions (I never bought WoD). I was kind of hopng for more of a "wow" (the expression, not the game), especially given how far the subs have dipped during the current one, but it just wasn't there for me.

EbonTopaz

#15 » Post by EbonTopaz » 07 Aug 2015 19:13

Underwhelming announcement, recycled villains, Demon Hunters looks like 90% Combat Rogue copy-pasta, and somehow the Naga are absent despite the expansion taking place in a Naga-dominated area.

I am not impressed.