Good recorrding program ?

Off-topic posts of interest to the World of Warcraft community.
Warpath

Good recorrding program ?

#1 » Post by Warpath » 13 Mar 2011 10:16

so, I need a good recording program.
I tried fraps. But fraps takes too much space. I recorded about 8 videos, and it took 12 GB of my space :(

I also tryed Dxtroy, its great, its awesome, its just what I wanted, and its trial !!! /facepalm :(

I looked up in fraps to see if there is a lowering quality option, but there is none :(

So, annyone know how to get Dxtroy full version, lower quality on fraps, or another program that I can use to record videos ???

OkweL

Re: Good recorrding program ?

#2 » Post by OkweL » 13 Mar 2011 12:55

Maybe Wink?

Warpath

#3 » Post by Warpath » 13 Mar 2011 19:13

hm, ill try it out now. ty

EDIT: Wink is nice for taking some desktop and other pictures, but isnt really what I was looking for. I need something for recording in-game, like fraps.

Kraith
Former Staff

#4 » Post by Kraith » 13 Mar 2011 20:26

might want to try VirtualDub
Kraith - RIP Maelstrom - 80 Troll Huntard
Retired GM, Inactive from game/forum

Warpath

#5 » Post by Warpath » 13 Mar 2011 22:28

Ill check it out tomorow Kraith, Im too sleepy atm. I hope this is what Ive been looking for :D :D :D

Whatchya

#6 » Post by Whatchya » 14 Mar 2011 13:09

Did you tryed to record in "half screen" and without sond in fraps? also what fps you are recording?

making a video?

Warpath

#7 » Post by Warpath » 14 Mar 2011 20:47

I wanna make some fun videos, and I didnt finish my rogue ganks 'n pranks video from abyssal. I always record with half-size, ill try without sound.

EDIT: Its not going so good with VideoDub. I guess Ima just go with FRAPS, and I hope its going to take less space now that Im going to record without sound now.

Universe

#8 » Post by Universe » 14 Mar 2011 22:38

You do know that even with fraps, it dont matter what space it takes, at end when u put it into a editer it depends on u what size u want it to be and post it on youtube or whatever u goat people use.. Personally if you are having space issues, get urself a external hard drive so u can manage space a bit better with videos.. btw fraps = pwn.. I record full screen videos with sound each video taking over 2 gb and with a editer i reduce it to 400-600mb and the quality is good as well.

Warpath

#9 » Post by Warpath » 14 Mar 2011 22:47

I have 260 GB space. I dont know how to use those editors. And now I just saw, from those 12GB, Ive cutted some parts, and now its only a freaking 6,30 kb.

kaped

#10 » Post by kaped » 15 Mar 2011 00:35

Fraps is a good one, why you dont use it, make the video, upload it and then deleate it?
Last edited by Guest on 15 Mar 2011 00:37, edited 1 time in total.

Universe

#11 » Post by Universe » 16 Mar 2011 17:41

kaped wrote:Fraps is a good one, why you dont use it, make the video, upload it and then deleate it?

QFT

Roel
Founder

#12 » Post by Roel » 16 Mar 2011 19:12

glc is the best for Linux and I personally love it more than fraps but it outputs files of about the same size but that can easily be fixed with your own encoding script which you run after recording.

Warpath

#13 » Post by Warpath » 16 Mar 2011 21:31

Ty Roel, but FRAPS was all I was looking for allthrough. Now that Im recording without sound (dunno if its that, or something else changed), my videos are 50 - 200mb each. I love it :D :D :D

Moza

#14 » Post by Moza » 20 Mar 2011 19:59

Warpath wrote:so, I need a good recording program.
I tried fraps. But fraps takes too much space. I recorded about 8 videos, and it took 12 GB of my space :(

I also tryed Dxtroy, its great, its awesome, its just what I wanted, and its trial !!! /facepalm :(

I looked up in fraps to see if there is a lowering quality option, but there is none :(

So, annyone know how to get Dxtroy full version, lower quality on fraps, or another program that I can use to record videos ???
Camtasia AWESOME SOFTWARE or go pro and use adobe ;) :D :) :shock: :o

S3rt3

#15 » Post by S3rt3 » 14 Apr 2011 21:15

try with http://www.wegame.com/ Wegame xD it's kinda good Soft. Less system req than fraps. Also has a HD option . :)