Peugeot 307

Off-topic posts of interest to the World of Warcraft community.
Fastor

Peugeot 307

#1 » Post by Fastor » 16 Jan 2016 16:09

Engine broke down.
Drivers window was open.
In order to get power back to motor of window engine needs to be working.

Now because my car is right now on street with window open and its about to start raining I really need fast help of how to bypass power from engine to motor of window.

Suggestions?

(tried to pull window up with hands but el motor is holding it)

Hansrutger
Former Staff

Re: Peugeot 307

#2 » Post by Hansrutger » 16 Jan 2016 16:18

I'd cover the windows with some sheet and also take all the valuables out of the car since it's basically open :D
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Fastor

#3 » Post by Fastor » 16 Jan 2016 16:27

I would like that window is closed with its glass as it was supposed to be just so drunken idiots from near pub dont enter car.

Regent
Tester

#4 » Post by Regent » 16 Jan 2016 16:48

Well that motor is probably running off your car's electrical grid which is controlled by the battery (in between power shifts and power cycles from the engine).
So try and hook up a jumper cable from another car to your own battery and get the electrical system going for just a minute, which should be long enough to get the window up.
Though, my knowledge of this is limited by experience of my good ol' Crown Victoria so take this with a grain of salt and apply it to your situation however possible.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

Fastor

#5 » Post by Fastor » 16 Jan 2016 17:11

Regent wrote:Well that motor is probably running off your car's electrical grid which is controlled by the battery (in between power shifts and power cycles from the engine).
So try and hook up a jumper cable from another car to your own battery and get the electrical system going for just a minute, which should be long enough to get the window up.
Though, my knowledge of this is limited by experience of my good ol' Crown Victoria so take this with a grain of salt and apply it to your situation however possible.
Nah, the battery is fully functional. Problem is anlaser (starter) broke. Its somewhat computer based that power to window motors is gained only if alternator (recharger) is in function but its not since engine is not running.

Fastor

#6 » Post by Fastor » 16 Jan 2016 17:35

Do we really dont have car mechanic on server?

benzviliran

#7 » Post by benzviliran » 16 Jan 2016 17:35

Fastor wrote:
Regent wrote:Well that motor is probably running off your car's electrical grid which is controlled by the battery (in between power shifts and power cycles from the engine).
Nah, the battery is fully functional. Problem is anlaser (starter) broke. Its somewhat computer based that power to window motors is gained only if alternator (recharger) is in function but its not since engine is not running.
there are many ways to do so but pretty hard to explain by writing it, i wish i could just be there so i could do it myself=/
I am the swarm

Polkic
Former Staff

#8 » Post by Polkic » 16 Jan 2016 21:50

I think it is not based on starter but on fuse and car lock. If you put the lock in same position as it when the motor is running, you should be able to close it. But than again there could be other reasons why it is not working; burned fuse, broken wire, broken switch, or burnt out motor.

Justicelight
Donor

#9 » Post by Justicelight » 16 Jan 2016 22:14

Do you have remote control to lock the car? if so, hold the lock button until window start going up, or hold the key into locking position if you don't have remote control.
Other than that, you can try, one person in car, one outside, both push their hands in same location at each other while slowly sliding the window up.

Or the mentioned option, check the fuse box. Look for any that is broken.

Good luck
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#10 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 17 Jan 2016 00:15

This is why cars should STILL have handles for the windows... fuck that automated shit.
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

arnis5
Banned

#11 » Post by arnis5 » 17 Jan 2016 00:20

Ok so open your car door take of cover from doors (canvas one that is inside), after that you will see small electro motor which is conected with 2 wires. The warmer color (brighter) of wire goes on + of batery, the colder color (darker) goes to - of batery. Now just take a knife and remove part of isolation from both wires, now find some extra wire which is long enough to go from your car doors to batery located under hood and conect those wires directly to batery thats it your window is up yeeeyyyyy :P
Arnis - Marksmanship Hunter PVE/PVP
Predatoor - Death Knight Hybrid Tank/Blood Dps PVE
Restoration - Shaman Resto/Ele PVE
Arniscat - Druid Feral Tank/Restoration PVE
Arnisrocks - Paladin Protection/Retribution PVE
Arnislock - Warlock Demonology PVE
Stanimalo - Rogue Combat PVE
Mazdean - Priest Shadow/Holy PVE
Pecaros - Warrior Protection/Fury PVE
Arniskhanna - Mage Arcane PVE
The Demonic Lord!
If you're going through hell, keep going.

Gnurg

#12 » Post by Gnurg » 17 Jan 2016 00:43

Probably too late now, but this video shows how to manually get an automated window up (I assume it's the same princip for your car too). But it looks complicated, so I would just cover the window as previously suggested and leave it to a mechanic/dad.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Fastor

#13 » Post by Fastor » 17 Jan 2016 09:47

Problem with removing panels is that its stupid plastic and its very easy to shatter now on -3. Anyway, l found some garage for 10e per week (too fucking expensive but all other that are near are taken).

Fastor

#14 » Post by Fastor » 24 Feb 2016 19:07

Valve broke. (forum does not support larger picture than 1920px in size)
http://prntscr.com/a7fdxw
http://prntscr.com/a7fdpc

Ancestor

#15 » Post by Ancestor » 24 Feb 2016 19:55

oh man....how so