T-E K-----G J--E M-------E

Off-topic posts of interest to the World of Warcraft community.
Etro
Honorary Member

T-E K-----G J--E M-------E

#1 » Post by Etro » 02 Mar 2015 17:29

WINNER: CRYSICLE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M-------S SO T---------S. O-E M----T Y----E L--T IN A C------L OF D------S, W--H P------T C-------D A----S , T-E F------G N--N OF P-----Y, A-L T--T S---------L C---Y-F---S ...

T-E N--T , IT L---S Y-U S-------E Y-U D---T W--T TO GO...

...S-------E D--K A-D C--D, F----D W--H T-E D--P, A-------S S----S OF T----S Y---D H---D W--E F-------N.

M------S C-N BE V--E, R-------E L----E B----S. L--E C------N, I S-----E. H--A.

B-T C-N WE L--E W-----T T--M? M------S A-E W--T O-R R----N IS B---D U--N. IF WE C---T F--E T--M, WE D--Y R----N I-----!

A-------H, W-Y N-T? WE A----T C-----------Y T--D D--N TO R---------Y!

T---E IS NO S----Y C----E!

SO W--N Y-U F--D Y------F L----D O--O AN U--------T T---N OF T-----T, H-----G F-R T-E P----S IN Y--R P--T W---E T-E S-------G IS U--------E, R------R T-----S A----S M-----S.

Y-U C-N J--T S--P O-----E, A-D C---E T-E D--R ON A-L T---E D------L T----S T--T H------D. Y-U C-N L--K T--M A--Y...

M-----S IS T-E E-------Y E--T...

Thy name wrongly believed to be born of a thought to meant to be wild. Thy name foolishly born out of lazy missunderstanding. Thy name is English. Thy name's father is German. Thy name's father's Stepfather is French. Thy name is a fool. Thy name is a joke, son of the mirror of Leipsrekcuj, which you killed.
First, before 7 days and correct = 10000g

Because Kindzadza decided to post the answer for a minute, despite of not wanting the gold >.>, to make it a bit less likely for someone to cheat, now it is a requirement to explain the process you had to discover the message.
Last edited by Etro on 02 Mar 2015 20:07, edited 3 times in total.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Kindzadza
Former Staff

Re: T-E K-----G J--E

#2 » Post by Kindzadza » 02 Mar 2015 17:41

I deleted my answer because I don't need the gold.. Maybe someone else would try to win it unless they saw my post and will cheat. :(

Please no cheating!!!

Etro
Honorary Member

Re: T-E K-----G J--E M-------E

#3 » Post by Etro » 02 Mar 2015 17:41

Probably someone already did see it D:
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Knewklear
Donor

#4 » Post by Knewklear » 02 Mar 2015 18:25

I want to try this but I don't know where and how to begin.

DEVILforever

#5 » Post by DEVILforever » 02 Mar 2015 18:26

Knewklear wrote:I want to try this but I don't know where and how to begin.

same, but google not helping DAMN

damn you google

Etro
Honorary Member

#6 » Post by Etro » 02 Mar 2015 18:37

The riddle's answer is a big clue to the author of the message, but you have to figure out the message.
Last edited by Etro on 02 Mar 2015 19:21, edited 1 time in total.

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#7 » Post by Kindzadza » 02 Mar 2015 18:41

Took me around 3 minutes to get it. ;D

DEVILforever

#8 » Post by DEVILforever » 02 Mar 2015 18:55

Kindzadza wrote:Took me around 3 minutes to get it. ;D
hey buddy :)
kindz tell me the riddle answer :D

Etro
Honorary Member

#9 » Post by Etro » 02 Mar 2015 19:09

Because Kindzadza decided to post the answer for a minute, despite of not wanting the gold >.>, to make it a bit less likely for someone to cheat, now it is a requirement to explain the process you had to discover the message.

Knewklear
Donor

#10 » Post by Knewklear » 02 Mar 2015 19:13

Someone can easily make up the process if it's just text you're looking for. I'd suggest they either take a video of the process or give you key pictures (taken via screen shot).

Etro
Honorary Member

#11 » Post by Etro » 02 Mar 2015 19:17

The processes are controlled. There are few ways to figure out the message. You can't just make a process up.

Crysicle
Honorary Member

#12 » Post by Crysicle » 02 Mar 2015 19:44

"The Killing Joke Monologue"

found it after deciphering the long message, it was on this website. Word "Monologue" found by inputing "The Killing Joke" into google and pressing "m", showing most commonly googled stuff.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"MEMORY'S SO TREACHEROUS. ONE MOMENT YOU'RE LOST IN A CARNIVAL OF DELIGHTS, WITH POIGNANT CHILDHOOD AROMAS , THE FLASHING NEON OF PUBERTY, ALL THAT SENTIMENTAL CANDY-FLOSS ...

THE NEXT , IT LEADS YOU SOMEWHERE YOU DON'T WANT TO GO...

...SOMEWHERE DARK AND COLD, FILLED WITH THE DAMP, AMBIGUOUS SHAPES OF THINKS YOU'D HOPED WERE FORGOTTEN.

MEMORIES CAN BE VILE, REPULSIVE LITTLE BRUTES. LIKE CHILDREN, I SUPPOSE. HAHA.

BUT CAN WE LIVE WITHOUT THEM? MEMORIES ARE WHAT OUR REASON IS BASED UPON. IF WE CAN'T FACE THEM, WE DENY REASON ITSELF!

ALTHOUGH, WHY NOT? WE AREN'T CONTRACTUALLY TIED DOWN TO RATIONALITY!

THERE IS NO SANITY CLAUSE!

SO WHEN YOU FIND YOURSELF LOCKED ONTO AN UNPLEASANT TRAIN OF THOUGHT, HEADING FOR THE PLACES IN YOUR PAST WHERE THE SCREAMING IS UNBEARABLE, REMEMBER THERE'S ALWAYS MADNESS.

MADNESS IS THE EMERGENCY EXIT...

YOU CAN JUST STEP OUTSIDE, AND CLOSE THE DOOR ON ALL THOSE DREADFUL THINGS THAT HAPPENED. YOU CAN LOCK THEM AWAY..."

Found the text from making out the phrase "So when you find" and "onto an". Googled them with quotes and found this page.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Madness is the emergency exit…"

At first i didn't realize that this was an extended quote from the 8th line. It was after i googled "Alan Moore" "is the" "exit" that i got taken back to this page and realized that that last sentence was the one in your message.

I used this website to find the words "exit" and "onto" as i couldn't make them out immediatly
Movies you might not have seen:
Magnolia                                 Mr. Nobody                               Hunger
The Fountain                          Das Experiment                        The Man from Nowhere
Tucker and Dale vs. Evil        Die Welle                                   World's Greatest Dad
Brick                                      Das Leben der Anderen           IP Man
Remember Me                       We Need to Talk About Kevin   Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter… and Spring
Felon                                     Babel                                         Dog Pound

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#13 » Post by Kindzadza » 02 Mar 2015 19:54

Yea I found out the message using that line as well -

"SO WHEN YOU FIND YOURSELF LOCKED ONTO AN UNPLEASANT TRAIN OF THOUGHT, HEADING FOR THE PLACES IN YOUR PAST WHERE THE SCREAMING IS UNBEARABLE, REMEMBER THERE'S ALWAYS MADNESS.

MADNESS IS THE EMERGENCY EXIT... "

:D It made the most sense in all of the text.

Etro
Honorary Member

#14 » Post by Etro » 02 Mar 2015 19:58

Yeah... Missing letters in between was too easy. I'll use encryption in the next one.

Grats, Crysicle. To which character of yours do I send the gold?

Crysicle
Honorary Member

#15 » Post by Crysicle » 02 Mar 2015 20:01

Sending the gold to a gnome Speck would be most adequate.
Movies you might not have seen:
Magnolia                                 Mr. Nobody                               Hunger
The Fountain                          Das Experiment                        The Man from Nowhere
Tucker and Dale vs. Evil        Die Welle                                   World's Greatest Dad
Brick                                      Das Leben der Anderen           IP Man
Remember Me                       We Need to Talk About Kevin   Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter… and Spring
Felon                                     Babel                                         Dog Pound