People in your Raid

Off-topic posts of interest to the World of Warcraft community.
Teal Deer

People in your Raid

#1 » Post by Teal Deer » 24 Jul 2014 23:05

so im not drinking this week so no ingame activities to speak of... got bored so im trying to put some life to the offtopic section.

People in your Raid
what kind of person you think you are and what kind of person is the one above you?
ima probably bouncer/jumper drunk...
but i believe "some people" will find more suitable type for me.

Bluebell
Former Staff

Re: People in your Raid

#2 » Post by Bluebell » 24 Jul 2014 23:14

The Passive-Aggressive Negative OfficerEdit
After every wipe, S/He begins to comment on what went wrong and how the raid can fix it. S/He beings by making some overly inclusive statement ("Healers, you've GOT to...", "DPS, you NEED to...", "Tanks, TRY to...", etc.), but then s/he slips in a class specific ability (when you are the only one the have that ability/the other people with that ability are much better than you), or references the area where YOU were suppose to be standing. You know s/he just singled you out, the raid knows it, the other officers know it, and the guildies who were leveling their alts know it. Oddly, s/he only seems to whisper you when things have gotten REALLY bad. Which should be good, because no one else heard it, but is somehow much, much worse. S/He is probably related to the elitist, and if s/he is not the GM, s/he is probably the true leader of the raid/guild. Meaning you can't fight back. You may gquit when it gets too bad.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Myaoming
Former Staff

#3 » Post by Myaoming » 24 Jul 2014 23:46

Definitely not a stoner or drunk--but he's on something. Is constantly hopping around. 6 hours and he's still bouncing. Has been known to bounce off a ledge/pathway or into mobs on occasion. Often a top 3 DPSer and resident vent comedian.
The bouncer!
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Regent
Tester

#4 » Post by Regent » 24 Jul 2014 23:51

The Backbone

Plays a tank. Doesn't have much to say. Made an error once in SSC, or so you heard. Will disconnect when Gorefiend is at 30% and keep aggro while offline for the rest of the fight. Has never said anything negative to the healers. Ever. Thought to able to drink more than any other drunks. GL with your progression without one of these. Hates the prima donnas.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

ItchyVortex

#5 » Post by ItchyVortex » 25 Jul 2014 00:08

The Hungry Dude
Not much to say about this person, except that you better get used to hearing the phrase 'afk a mo guys, gonna grab a snack/drink' during EVERY SINGLE OFF MOMENT. If he doesn't have food, he will go get it immediately after a pull is finished. When he returns he will type in something like "mmmm" or "nomnomnom" and describe the latest delicacy to the rest of the raid. No one asked him what he was getting, and no one cares. Most of the time will not do this during pulls, so many people aren't too annoyed by him. The fact that all of his meals take place in front of the computer alludes to some considerable skill and this guy will usually be pretty good. See Stoners.
Yes, also a stonerd.
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

Teraan

#6 » Post by Teraan » 25 Jul 2014 00:42

This is the guy who will not shut up on vent. Ever. It doesn't matter if you are buffing up or farming trash or killing a progression boss, he just can't seem to get the idea through his head that nobody really gives a damn about his buddy's new iguana. At least 50% of everything said on your vent in a given raid is said by this person. Nobody can stand the guy, but unfortunately, nobody wants to kick him either, because he's invariably one of your best and most dedicated players. Possibly even a solid candidate to be an officer, if everybody weren't so terrified of what might happen if the guy had justification to talk even more. Related to the Vindictive Hunter, the guy who's always eating, and the short-attention-span healer. The Clown is similar, though the Clown is a funny-but-mediocre player, whereas the Loudmouth is a good-but-annoying player.
The Loudmouth.

and
He knows his class, knows the game, and always shows up to raids, but is generally unpleasant and often rubs his guildmates the wrong way. If you ask him to do something he doesn't want to do (heal as a priest/drood/shammy/pally instead of DPS, tank as a warrior instead of DPS, kite as a hunter instead of... DPS) he'll do it, but he'll complain endlessly the entire time and opt out the first chance he gets. Assign him to shoot down ice against Anub'arak, kill whelps while Onyxia is flying, or hack down Marrowgar's bone-spikes, and he'll open up a prepared speech about how someone else should do it. He'll bid on minor upgrades even when someone else could use it more, but hey, he's got the DKP, and the raid doesn't want to lose him because he's a good player. At least, he's a good player as long as he gets to DPS. See also: The Asshole.
The Douche.
‡∆‡ My Characters: ‡∆‡
Teraan - Retribution PvE - PvP
Teraana - Discipline PvE - Holy PvE
Fatman - Balance PvE - Restoration PvE
Soomershaman - Restoration PvE - Enhancement PvE
Rmage - Fire PvE
Mahkarn - Survival PvE

Nyeriah

#7 » Post by Nyeriah » 25 Jul 2014 00:50

I laughed at
The Attractive Female
Manufactures 1000ish DPS night after night, yet is an unshakable fixture on your raid's roster. You're secretly bitter about this. Almost undoubtedly an Elf, though she may be a curvaceous Human, draenei, or possibly even a Forsaken.

She's so terrible and vain and thinks she's so great and... Oh, man she has such a cute voice in Vent! Oh, wait, she just made an inside joke in guild chat, let me make it clear how funny I thought it was. I wonder if she'd give me her Facebook?

BRB, I'm going to look at the picture she posted on the forums for the fourth time this week.

Teraan

#8 » Post by Teraan » 25 Jul 2014 00:51

Nyeriah wrote:I laughed at
The Attractive Female
Manufactures 1000ish DPS night after night, yet is an unshakable fixture on your raid's roster. You're secretly bitter about this. Almost undoubtedly an Elf, though she may be a curvaceous Human, draenei, or possibly even a Forsaken.

She's so terrible and vain and thinks she's so great and... Oh, man she has such a cute voice in Vent! Oh, wait, she just made an inside joke in guild chat, let me make it clear how funny I thought it was. I wonder if she'd give me her Facebook?

BRB, I'm going to look at the picture she posted on the forums for the fourth time this week.

That remembers me of someone from this server...
‡∆‡ My Characters: ‡∆‡
Teraan - Retribution PvE - PvP
Teraana - Discipline PvE - Holy PvE
Fatman - Balance PvE - Restoration PvE
Soomershaman - Restoration PvE - Enhancement PvE
Rmage - Fire PvE
Mahkarn - Survival PvE

Justicelight
Donor

#9 » Post by Justicelight » 25 Jul 2014 01:11

Rehan!
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

kapernakiss
Donor

#10 » Post by kapernakiss » 25 Jul 2014 01:13

Metermaid
He's got meters running. Always. Asks for meter postage whenever he's in the top 5, which is rare, as his focus on the meters is preventing him from seeing the volcano he's pathing towards. Pulls aggro. Has yet to realize that 0 health returns 0 dps. If he's healing, you might as well just put him on raid, he's gonna heal them anyway.
mucho love justice!

and I am definately:
The Douche
He knows his class, knows the game, and always shows up to raids, but is generally unpleasant and often rubs his guildmates the wrong way. If you ask him to do something he doesn't want to do (heal as a priest/drood/shammy/pally instead of DPS, tank as a warrior instead of DPS, kite as a hunter instead of... DPS) he'll do it, but he'll complain endlessly the entire time and opt out the first chance he gets. Assign him to shoot down ice against Anub'arak, kill whelps while Onyxia is flying, or hack down Marrowgar's bone-spikes, and he'll open up a prepared speech about how someone else should do it. He'll bid on minor upgrades even when someone else could use it more, but hey, he's got the DKP, and the raid doesn't want to lose him because he's a good player. At least, he's a good player as long as he gets to DPS. See also: The Asshole.

Amoriann
Donor

#11 » Post by Amoriann » 25 Jul 2014 01:19

"The" Healer
This person is a good healer. Never lets the tank die. Never drops below 70% mana. Occasionally wipes the raid on farm runs when he gets bored and tries to see how low he can let the tank get before the big heal lands. Likes to see exactly how much of the Tank's HP he can heal in one big crit-heal but doesn't always time things right. See also: The Vindictive Healer.
:D :D :D
Professional Dps.

Darchrow
Donor

#12 » Post by Darchrow » 25 Jul 2014 01:24

i'm not sure which one i am, so do tell people who've raided with me :D
teh char list ( 80s ) :
Jynx / Zubat / Alyce ( Swagmourne ) / Discord / Redtube
Disruption / Perplexity / Magejkdruid / Swagstormxqt ( Swagmobile )
Vinegar ~ Lvl 51 Rogue

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

[Guild] [Angrycow]: nice to meet u im Sava and im really horny person

kindzadza ily

Rehan

#13 » Post by Rehan » 25 Jul 2014 12:43

Justicelight wrote:Rehan!
I'm not bad at this game...

Justicelight
Donor

#14 » Post by Justicelight » 25 Jul 2014 12:59

Sorry, didn't saw "She's so terrible " part ;)
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Peanuts

#15 » Post by Peanuts » 25 Jul 2014 13:23

The Nostalgic Guy
Long-time member of the guild. Constantly talks about how "they used to do things back in Molten Core". Hardly ever participates in raiding anymore, though the officers refuse to kick him, because, hey, he's cool.
i spent more time on /who looking for oldies to talk to than actually playing the game
The Aussie
Usually the only Aussie in the raid and s/he loves to talk constantly on vent--and people like talking to him/her. Usually a pretty good player. It's always good to have an Aussie in the raid; only good things can come from it. However Aussies are always drunk. If the Aussie overlaps with the guy who swears a lot, no raid, no matter how ineffectual or incompetent, can be considered a failure.
i australian so i dont have a choice :/
Peanuts - 80 pvp shadow/ pvp disc Priest (inactive)
Peanutsz - 80 Multi/Sub pvp Rogue (inactive)
Peanut- 80 Blood Tank/ 2h Frost Tank DK (inactive)
Nutters- 80 Prot Tank/ Arms pvp Warrior (inactive)
Shenuts - 80 Demo/Affliction PvE Warlock (inactive)
Peanutz - 80 Holy/Ret PvE Paladin (inactive)
Pyrocircus - lvl 19 Resto druid twink (inactive)
Kapital- lvl 79 Enhance/Resto Shaman twink (inactive)