WoW Movie Lore

Off-topic posts of interest to the World of Warcraft community.
Dr. Who

WoW Movie Lore

#1 » Post by Dr. Who » 28 May 2014 18:59

to who didnt know there was a Movie/film in production about the WoW lore (story).
project started at 2006 and its scheduled to go out to cinemas in 2016.

day 24 of this month they finished the Filming. YAY ^_^ :D ^_^
the movie is allmost out to us to see. ;)

some more info added in blizzCon here:
[youtube]NRi0qvUuluk[/youtube]

"Edit" PS: i forgot to say the movie will be Life Action and not Animation. :roll:
Last edited by Dr. Who on 28 May 2014 21:54, edited 1 time in total.
You did a bad think? Does it affect me? No? Them Suffer in Silence.
You Crying now? You have no reason to cry, if some one cries is because they are sad.
For example,i cry because people are stupid what makes me sad.
And i'm not insane, my Mother had me tested.
by: "The Big Bang Theory -Sheldon Cooper"

scoobydobedo

Re: WoW Movie Lore

#2 » Post by scoobydobedo » 28 May 2014 20:25

blizzard better not use pandas in it :D

Dr. Who

#3 » Post by Dr. Who » 28 May 2014 21:49

They wont. by what i understood of it the movie will be about Warcraft 1 and 2. basicly Orc VS Human. the very beginning. how things start etc.

by what they said in BlizzCom if the movie comes well they may even do a trilogy after, and even maby a TV series. ^_^

they are trying making the movie look like or better than Lord of the rings / Game of Thrones. 8-)
You Crying now? You have no reason to cry, if some one cries is because they are sad.

bloodlover

#4 » Post by bloodlover » 29 May 2014 08:16

Dr. Who wrote:they are trying making the movie look like or better Game of Thrones. 8-)
That won't be too hard.

Dr. Who

#5 » Post by Dr. Who » 01 Sep 2014 21:17

ok, i will now make an update about the movie.

movie release date : March 11, 2016 ( we finaly have a date :D )

"By Jim Vejvoda"-> Director Duncan Jones came to Comic-Con today to give fans a first look at the long-awaited Warcraft movie. Even though the movie doesn't come out until 2016 and only recently wrapped filming, Jones was able to bring some impressively finished-looking footage.

Jones said Warcraft chronicles how Azeroth falls into conflict between orcs and humans. That it's the origin story of Warcraft. He said the greatest technical challenge has been doing the set building and world building of a Lord of the Rings with the technology of an Avatar.

The main human character is portrayed by Vikings' Travis Fimmell. He has long brown hair and a beard and is garbed in black shining armor trimmed with gold. Pretty snazzy. We hear him speak about guarding his king and guarding his own family. He ponders whether he is strong or worthy enough. Likewise, his orc counterpart speaks of being a father and if he is up to the task. The point is that these two foes are more alike than they are different.

But the orcs' homeland has been destroyed and so he asks if war is the only answer now. We then see a slew of quick shots of the supporting cast, including a nefarious-looking Dominic Cooper, Ben Foster's mage casting a spell, and a green-skinned Paula Patton aggressively licking someone. Eat your heart out, Robin Thicke.

The orcs look great, very organic and real. The world also looks real and not simply like a CG-rendered realm. We get a sense of the different regions, from the desert wastelands to the wooded regions of the humans. As far as video game movies go, Warcraft certainly looks like the most ambitious and -- yes, I'll stick my neck out here -- the video game movie that may finally be an actual great movie.

Warcraft opens March 11, 2016
(Copy paste of IGN )

[youtube]eG4nwRh82kw[/youtube]

i will bring more news as soon as i found them and a the preview as soon as they release it.

Valryn

#6 » Post by Valryn » 02 Sep 2014 01:12

IMO, it would be better if it were animation, like a cinematic. That'd look dope.

Also, no movie can look better than LOTR. :3
Characters:

Thoemar - Tauren Druid - Feral (Leveling - 25+) - Whisper me if you want a DPS/Tank for RDFs & BGs!

More coming soon!

Dr. Who

#7 » Post by Dr. Who » 02 Sep 2014 20:48

Valryn wrote:IMO, it would be better if it were animation, like a cinematic. That'd look dope.

Also, no movie can look better than LOTR. :3
about LOTR yea is a great trilogy but... they promised like i said in my 1º post they are trying to make it look like or bether than LOTR and game of trones what is not impossible if we think about it. Blizzard is a millionaire company so money will not be a problem to make the movie a great movie.

there is already some animations of WoW if you look for it. they are hard to find but they exist and i'm not talking about the game animation footages or fan made movies with characters of the game in youtube, i'm talking about real cartoons.

marko1984

#8 » Post by marko1984 » 02 Sep 2014 22:54

Lets just hope they dont fuck it up like they did on 99% of game based movies... Warcraft has best storyline ever and if they follow thru with decent effects and semi-decent actors it can be a great one (lets just hope)
Three mages!

Polkic
Former Staff

#9 » Post by Polkic » 02 Sep 2014 22:59

I can already feel Nicolas Cage in main role.

marko1984

#10 » Post by marko1984 » 02 Sep 2014 23:21

Three mages!

Zan

#11 » Post by Zan » 03 Sep 2014 10:43

Double post, curse my tablet
Last edited by Zan on 18 Nov 2014 22:09, edited 1 time in total.
Zan Zanny Zanney

Zan

#12 » Post by Zan » 03 Sep 2014 10:47

*cough* Lord of the Clans

Here's an alternative free of faction equality bullshit the movie will probably have to stay political correct despite the fact Blizz hates Alliance

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps ... ans-80448/
You can thank me later
Zan Zanny Zanney

Dr. Who

#13 » Post by Dr. Who » 18 Nov 2014 19:18

Movie Update:

still no trailer or teaser released. :cry:

BlizzCon 2014: Warcraft Movie Presentation :arrowd:

[youtube]XHqsLQieUyQ[/youtube]

Dr. Who

#15 » Post by Dr. Who » 25 May 2015 04:55

Movie Update:

Warcraft movie release date pushed again:
They moved from December 2015 due to overlaping with new Star Wars movie and that actually made sense. Nobody wants to go head to head with such a juggernaut like new Star Wars movie. So they movied in March, perfect time for a fresh still to prove itself franchise. The fanbase for Warcraft is huge, but that’s not the main targeted audiance and this is still a game to movie project which is still conidered a risky deal. March 11, 2016 would be perfect premiere date, two weeks before Batman v. Superman, it would simple rule the box office.

But I guess Universal had a different idea. They did a reshuffle of their movie premiere dates and realized that Warcraft movie is summer blockbuster, which I absolutley agree with, except it still needs to prove itself. So they moved the Warcraft movie release date about three months ahead to June 10, 2016. Now even that date is still not high competition to go against. On a same week they will go against The Conjuring 2 (kind off not the same audiance target) and Uncharted which is kind off a same targeted audiance since it also a game to movie project which is an Indiana Jones style story and for sure I’m interested despite the fact I didn’t play the game, but heard a lot of good things about it.

A week before there is TMNT 2, which in my opinion doesn’t stand a chance against Warcraft and Uncharted combo and than for two weeks it’s pretty much easy ride until Independence Day 2, Transformers 5 and The Mummy reboot hits the movie theaters.

Is June 10th a bad date for Warcraft? I don’t think so, but to wait another 3 months….well, that pisses me off. They better show some teaser trailer even a year ahead just to say sorry for the extra 3 months we need to wait….again.

but not all is bad news...
here some released pics:
[hide]Image[/hide]
[hide]Image[/hide]
[hide]Image[/hide]
Blending actor Rob Kazinsky and fictional character of Orgrim Doomhammer into one person, crew from Industrial Light and Magic which brought us the Hulk in Avengers prolly pushed the limits of CGI again. Most of fans were sceptical how a heavy CGI Warcraft movie will look, but looking at the first still image of Orgrim Doomhammer from the Warcraft movie, I would say that we don’t have to worry about that anymore cuz it looks so COOL.... 8-) 8-) 8-)