Some GM Responses

Off-topic posts of interest to the World of Warcraft community.
Justicelight
Donor

Re: Some GM Responses

#46 » Post by Justicelight » 29 Jan 2014 21:54

hi :)
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Belthezar

#47 » Post by Belthezar » 29 Jan 2014 23:35

@Ragnorak: Respect.
I think Imma let you camp me in SW every now and then for expressing so well what I tried explaining to them in previous thread.
Check out my WTB list all you silent farmers out there!
http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13204

emsy
Former Staff

#48 » Post by emsy » 29 Jan 2014 23:40

Justicelight wrote:hi :)
\o.

Teal Deer

#49 » Post by Teal Deer » 30 Jan 2014 00:00

derailing thred again? niiiiice.

emsy
Former Staff

#50 » Post by emsy » 30 Jan 2014 01:40

Teal Deer wrote:derailing thred again? niiiiice.
Just giving an appropriate response to a player, isn't that what this topic located in OFFTOPIC section is about?

Teal Deer

#51 » Post by Teal Deer » 30 Jan 2014 01:52

there is an offtopic thread for that..

but ok. have it youe way. it was at least "some gm response".

Torcano
Donor

#52 » Post by Torcano » 30 Jan 2014 02:52

LOL, I do not play anymore but holy bajeebus the staff over here acts like such attention seeking babies. I have not bothered to interact with the staff on TW after a week we merged from BC just by looking at how they behaved on the chat channels, if I remember right the only TW GM that gave a sense of professionalism that we had on BC was slardar ( pardon me if I got the name wrong).

Everytime I opened a ticket the only person that responded to them for some miraculous reason was Dymond, and I'm extremely glad that he did because from what I see here the other GM's, in all their Holiness cannot differentiate between a genuine innocent question from a stupid one and both will get a gloriously sarcastic "go fornicate with thyself" reply. Maybe as a retail player who moved to BC and as one who saw the GM's are of the same quality on BC as they were on retail in terms of how they used to handle player-staff relationships and also considering we had much much stricter chat rules on BC i.e., no swearing on channels and such which would probably reduce this server's population to 10 if its introduced here, but there were no problems there at all because the respect we gave to GM's is something we got back in return from them.

They were also anonymous to most of the player base and that allowed GMs to act like GMs and not their playing characters when they were on a fucking GM toon, one of my closest friends on BC was a GM and I did not fucking know he was a GM until he quit as he got bored of the game and made a goodbye forum post because when he is playing on his character he was like any typical player that being like a friend but once he got on his GM toon he behaves like what one would expect a GM to be like, fucking professional and not getting over the head personal with every single thing.

It is not like he got paid now was he, nobody got paid on BC as well, they never said "we volunteer as GMs so we act whatever the fuck way we want", that one line just makes the quality drop from there to here so big that even the biggest woman ever to be conceived by a yo mamma joke can fit through that gap. Well, I kept away from posting on forums since BC merge because I never cared much for this server as I did for BC to actually be a part of the hip community that loves to bash each other but hey, here goes my first post which turned out to be a wall of text.

So conclusion, if you are a GM it is the choice you made to be in a professional position, does not matter if you get paid or not. If you cannot act like one in the first place you should just get out of that position and not resort to stooping to the lowest denominator troll beacuse "he started it".

Peace out.
Infinite Rage!
gave my toons away /inactive/

Ezzyz

#53 » Post by Ezzyz » 30 Jan 2014 08:22

They were also anonymous to most of the player base and that allowed GMs to act like GMs and not their playing characters when they were on a fucking GM toon, one of my closest friends on BC was a GM and I did not fucking know he was a GM until he quit as he got bored of the game and made a goodbye forum post because when he is playing on his character he was like any typical player that being like a friend but once he got on his GM toon he behaves like what one would expect a GM to be like, fucking professional and not getting over the head personal with every single thing.
Back on Spermik GMs were also anonymous, and worked well imo. People didn't know who they were so doing something unpopular wouldn't send a chaos of rage at their playing char. I found out who the GMs were when me merged with TW. Also it took some time to get used to GMs not being anonymous...

slovan13

#54 » Post by slovan13 » 31 Jan 2014 00:09

Torcano wrote:LOL, I do not play anymore but holy bajeebus the staff over here acts like such attention seeking babies. I have not bothered to interact with the staff on TW after a week we merged from BC just by looking at how they behaved on the chat channels, if I remember right the only TW GM that gave a sense of professionalism that we had on BC was slardar ( pardon me if I got the name wrong).

Everytime I opened a ticket the only person that responded to them for some miraculous reason was Dymond, and I'm extremely glad that he did because from what I see here the other GM's, in all their Holiness cannot differentiate between a genuine innocent question from a stupid one and both will get a gloriously sarcastic "go fornicate with thyself" reply. Maybe as a retail player who moved to BC and as one who saw the GM's are of the same quality on BC as they were on retail in terms of how they used to handle player-staff relationships and also considering we had much much stricter chat rules on BC i.e., no swearing on channels and such which would probably reduce this server's population to 10 if its introduced here, but there were no problems there at all because the respect we gave to GM's is something we got back in return from them.

It is not like he got paid now was he, nobody got paid on BC as well, they never said "we volunteer as GMs so we act whatever the fuck way we want", that one line just makes the quality drop from there to here so big that even the biggest woman ever to be conceived by a yo mamma joke can fit through that gap. Well, I kept away from posting on forums since BC merge because I never cared much for this server as I did for BC to actually be a part of the hip community that loves to bash each other but hey, here goes my first post which turned out to be a wall of text.

So conclusion, if you are a GM it is the choice you made to be in a professional position, does not matter if you get paid or not. If you cannot act like one in the first place you should just get out of that position and not resort to stooping to the lowest denominator troll beacuse "he started it".

Peace out.
Thumbs up! ^^

Ragnorak
Donor

#55 » Post by Ragnorak » 09 Feb 2014 12:37

perka wrote:You are blind and stupid. The situation was explained to you at least 3 times, yet you refuse to understand and keep repeating your same shit over and over.
Maybe we need to start a counter how many times you QQ about same thing in same topic ?
Once again another prime example of a GM being so easily provoked to break basic staff conduct and basically acting like a child when he is expected to represent the server... Good on you Perka
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!

emsy
Former Staff

#56 » Post by emsy » 09 Feb 2014 12:52

How about stop provoking then and not behaving like a retarded autistic child accusing staff from everyrthing, Ragnarok?

Teal Deer

#57 » Post by Teal Deer » 09 Feb 2014 12:59

emsy wrote:How about stop provoking then and not behaving like a retarded autistic child accusing staff from everyrthing, Ragnarok?
oh look Rag! you just got emsed!

perka

#58 » Post by perka » 09 Feb 2014 13:12

You'll be surprised that most of us are not easily offended or provoked. We just got really sick of repeating ourselves like a broken record, while trying to explain in details same thing over and over again, yet the person refuses to acknowledge that and try to understand.

emsy
Former Staff

#59 » Post by emsy » 09 Feb 2014 13:15

There are 2 ways:

- GMs keep taking your false accusations of alliance bias, server crash, flames etc. etc. but then they obviously blow up from time to time cause they are, despite popular belief, also humans
- GMs can ban right away for any above to prevent conflicts and being shit on

staff was applying the first way, assuming u'd get to your senses. Apparently it's not working so it's time for method #2

I'm among private servers community for 9 years, and i haven't met a group of people who would abuse their privileges like some of the guys here do. Disrespecting staff on every single occasion, and if staff retaliates, they feel offended and aggrieved. Think about yourself

strudel

#60 » Post by strudel » 09 Feb 2014 13:32

This is offtopic but seems some of the players here really need proffesional help:

http://www.wowaholics.org/
http://www.howtoquitwow.com/