Epyllion Banned for "bug abuse"

Off-topic posts of interest to the World of Warcraft community.
Syrann

Epyllion Banned for "bug abuse"

#1 » Post by Syrann » 08 Oct 2013 00:56

Hi there

I have recently been banned on my Paladin's account due to a so called bug, which I have not yet even gotten any conformation of it actually being a bug, since this was being done on GC(Where I transfered from), with other ppl on TW aswel as on Gamerdistrict. Bluebelle (I presume being a GM of some sort) whispered me while I was in the raid, asking me if I am collecting the shards. I replied "yes" and then he/she requested that I link the quest, which being the case I was not on the "Shattered Throne" chain of the quest. A while later I got a ban for 3 days for reasons being "Abuse of SM shard drop".

Now after this I only got informed a while later by a friend that I have been banned...I addressed the "GM" from my friends character, and she stated that I did bug abuse. I informed her of my previous dealings on other servers and requested a proof of this being a bug. She was not able to provide any, and kept stating that I am "dumb"(which in my opinion is kind of unprofessional and unfair due to me not having any details of being a bug abuser). Point of the matter is that I did truly not know that this is seen as bug abusing, since literally half the server is collecting shards like this. For reasons unknown Bluebelle has focused her attention on me for this matter.

To get to the point of the matter, I was banned without any notice or warning that what I was doing is wrong. Bluebelle mentioned that there was some notice given about this being a bug abuse, yet I have not come into contact with this, or I would not have been collecting the shards at all before I reached the required quest chain. I did propose that I would delete all my current shards(6) and that I will not be doing this again, but Bluebelle refused this utterly(with some degree of extreme rudeness as well). If I am given the chance I can provide screens of the discussion on my paladin, but I can not provide screens of the mentioned conversation afterwards. I request that my paladin be unbanned and my shards be manually removed, or I may be given the chance to do it myself. If this is a case of a bug being abused I formally apologize, but I personally have not yet been informed of this. I have chosen to report this on the forums since Bluebelle is unwilling to listen to reason, yet I am only a human I have made a human mistake.

I hope my issue can be handled by someone that does not lack the ability to see reason.

Regards

Mysterygamer

Re: Epyllion Banned for "bug abuse"

#2 » Post by Mysterygamer » 08 Oct 2013 01:18

Well it's stated in the rules that not knowing the abuse shouldn't be an excuse, so as far as I can tell this ban is justified and you'll just have to wait the ban out.

Syrann

#3 » Post by Syrann » 08 Oct 2013 01:21

I know that there is no way for me to proof that I did not know that this was a bug, but my willingness to rectify my mistake should be enough...I did a formal apology to the GM that banned me in-game as well as giving one here, if this turns out to be a bug. This is not a first degree murder or anything that can't be undone, like I mentioned it is a unknown mistake that I am willing to rectify. The unwillingness of the GM to give me this chance, as well as the manner in which she addressed the matter is really unsettling. There was no warnings even given... :/

Bluebell
Former Staff

#4 » Post by Bluebell » 08 Oct 2013 01:22

If you whisper a GM on their play toon, they do not have to respond to you at all, you should not be talking with players ingame about GM issues, as they are players on those characters. As such, they can act like any other player and do not have to be professional.

Regarding proof of it to be a bug, I believe you can find that here.

And
jozy123 on 2010/06/10 (Patch 3.3.3)
No, because monster dropped items are predetermined on spawning. If the monster is determined to drop a shard but no one has the quest, it won't show. (no drop) Even if 10 person has the quest, it will drop his 1 shard that was predetermined.
From WoWhead.

There are many others, but I don't feel the need to search for them, when it's obvious you haven't done research before making this post.

And finally, as Mysterygamer said, it's stated in the rules there is no need for warning. Regardless, there was an announcement done about this before you were banned.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Arvit

#5 » Post by Arvit » 08 Oct 2013 01:27

It's only a 3day ban anyways. If it was a so called ''murder'' then you would get a perma ban rofl.

Syrann

#6 » Post by Syrann » 08 Oct 2013 01:31

Firstly I was not formally addressed by a GM toon in-game. Bluebelle addressed me from her private character, and thus I responded to that character later on, this works both ways you know. Secondly, yes I have not done research before posting this and even if I have done research it would not matter, for the problem I'm addressing is the fairness in which I was banned. If you would have been fair and warned me that what I am doing is bannable or wrong for that matter...do you really think I would have kept doing it? I have spoken to a few people for the past few minutes and it clearly has been seen that Bluebelle hang around banning people for her own amusement. I would like a senior GM (other than Bluebelle, which is involved and reported in this incident) to oversee this topic please.

For within my reason this should have been handled differently. Point I'm trying to make is not just the reason for my ban, which was justified in a way, but the manner in which it was handled. A GM is not suppose to be a ruthless ban happy machine, but a supervisor and enforcer IF UNWILLINGNESS TO COOPERATE is given.

Syrann

#7 » Post by Syrann » 08 Oct 2013 01:36

True Arvit, but being the person that I am and the things that I've heard and seen in the past about Bluebelle, I am inclined to report this. She can not just go around banning people without warning, that is simply not how the world works, there are steps to be followed. The whole point of these steps is to prevent innocent people to proof their innocence.

Necrosis

#8 » Post by Necrosis » 08 Oct 2013 01:41

The fact that you set loot method to ffa and loot the shard shows that you know it's abusing and you know how to. Plus, there was announcement for this issue specifically right after the first time I found out that you're abusing it and reported. So there's no more excuse you can make for an unban.

Martynas

#9 » Post by Martynas » 08 Oct 2013 01:44

That's the bluebell... nothing new. :D

Syrann

#10 » Post by Syrann » 08 Oct 2013 01:49

I am not making excuses Necrosis. I do not live on the forums like some people does, so I do not get into contact with these reports and notifications. I was never addressed before about this, and thus I can not comment on that which you are saying. Also I'd like to state again that this is not merely a issue of me getting banned because I did not know of some bug which I still have not found a trace on the TW forum about, but merely the way which Bluebelle seems to operate and abuse her "power" for her own amusement.

Necrosis

#11 » Post by Necrosis » 08 Oct 2013 01:58

The announcement was made in-game right after your raid with you online by her. There's no way you can miss that big yellow wall of text in your chatbox.

That entire raid, you were dodging ppl asking you to link the quest you have ("no one cares about that" as you said. If you didn't know it's a bug, i would assume you say "my raid, my rule, I get the shards" instead of dodging the question :D). And as i said, you clearly know the way to abuse it, therefore you knew it's a bug, the ban was justified, I see no further discussion needed here.
Last edited by Necrosis on 08 Oct 2013 02:08, edited 1 time in total.

Syrann

#12 » Post by Syrann » 08 Oct 2013 02:05

Firstly Necrosis I do not know what your beef with me is, but yes I did not see as you explaim "the big wall of text" since I have a crap load of addons notifying me of raid happenings. Secondly, the means in which you set ffa to get the shards can not be help against me. For I clearly have stated that half the server does this to collect shards and that is how I thought was the way to obtain it. This is only a private server after all and there are ways of bypassing obstacles which is not always bugs, to reach the end result. How was I to know this was one of them?

Necrosis

#13 » Post by Necrosis » 08 Oct 2013 02:14

Now you're saying DBM was spamming your chat after you finished the raid, clever move.

Even during that raid, ppl warned you that it's bug abusing, but you didn't care, continue to do it in the following 2 weeks. I don't see how you can miss everything ppl's telling you and on top of that, an in-game server announcement regarding the issue while you were online. You were lucky that the first time you were reported, GMs decided to let you pass. But eh, guess you don't care about it after all.

Syrann

#14 » Post by Syrann » 08 Oct 2013 04:11

Mate, now you are just stabbing at random bullshit in the air...to be frank. Now it's after the raid all of a sudden? And where in the world did I ever mention My raid my rules, and as I said earlier when did you "confront" me about this issue? And also once again...you are not laying focus on my second concern for this topic..sigh :)

clockwerk

#15 » Post by clockwerk » 08 Oct 2013 04:55

never heard bout that as a bug, i really tought it was the right way to do it i swear...
and u can't ban a guy cause he didn't read something posted on the forum or cause he didn't read the alert on game, there are many auto alert in-game so u don't read all of them cause usually it's something bout arena flush or arena 3s queques; andalso he was raiding, he was really prolly occupied doing some shit, u cant' say he read that and still u consider this not power abusing
he said sorry, he admitted he didn't know, and u still think he's an exploiter after that we both complain bout bug abusing expecially in pvp, we also made some tickets on this same forum, and u think we are hypocrit
at the end nothing will change, the only thing this fact will underline is the shit of some ppl that colses his eyes in guild raids (i saw ppl taking shards w/o quests and blue was here with me) and then bans for the same thing a guy that comes from another server, and here i never heard bout that as bug abusing but simply as way to get shards, and 99.9% syrann knew that like i knew
but ye we're bug abusers and we wanted to troll ppl cause we're bad guys and bluebell did his job banning him w/o explaining a shit bout how works on this server and bout how they could resolve that in a more pacific way, insulting him also
but he's the bad guy, ban him and use your power as u think is better
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?