Ironman and...?

Have a suggestion for TrueWoW?
Bobins

Ironman and...?

#1 » Post by Bobins » 13 May 2022 13:21

I think the ironman challenge is a great idea, but why stop there?

Perhaps it would be a goods idea to get several challenges going. Some small scale, some large scale? You could use the full range of the game to set goals, like crafting, rep, achievements, questing, alts, raiding and so on.

Get 10 characters to lvl 80.
Craft a classic epic item
Max all skills and profs (unarmed, fishing et etc)

This is just a rough idea of examples of what I am getting at. Perhaps other can contribite to this thread with their ideas but the bottom line is I think we should have more than just ironman. The more we have, the more people will engage.

Klick17

Re: Ironman and...?

#2 » Post by Klick17 » 17 May 2022 08:21

The whole point of Ironman is to test your level of persistence which is how long you're willing to continue trying and not quit along the way to the finishing point and succeed to the end, patience to determine the amount of time you can wait to reach it without having to lose your temper while waiting, and power to determine the level of your strenght and skillls to show how strong you are enough to kill the mobs to the end without being killed by them. So regarding all this, just continue doing it without having to bail out from the challenge and do it (only) as the rules said= white and gray gear only, not! green, blue, and purple to make it easy which will be the opposite purpose of the challenge to suceed to the end. :) :D

Bobins

#3 » Post by Bobins » 18 May 2022 14:06

Klick17 wrote:
17 May 2022 08:21
The whole point of Ironman is to test your level of persistence which is how long you're willing to continue trying and not quit along the way to the finishing point and succeed to the end, patience to determine the amount of time you can wait to reach it without having to lose your temper while waiting, and power to determine the level of your strenght and skillls to show how strong you are enough to kill the mobs to the end without being killed by them. So regarding all this, just continue doing it without having to bail out from the challenge and do it (only) as the rules said= white and gray gear only, not! green, blue, and purple to make it easy which will be the opposite purpose of the challenge to suceed to the end. :) :D
What's your point? I'm not sure I understand.

This is a thread about adding more challenges that are unique to the server (like the ironman) so that we can all take part on some level. At least that was my intention; to encourage discussion and ideas releating to this.

Klick17

#4 » Post by Klick17 » 21 May 2022 04:44

In other words, i'm saying that Ironman should be something more intense ,severe, and critcally challenging enough to test the skill level of the contender, even if it means avoiding any hidden traps along the way which could(if not will) kill your contender character and you'll be out of the challenge since the more harder and tougher it is, the better your result upon the completion/victory will be for the reward to get at the final end of the challenge. :)

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#5 » Post by Dymond » 21 May 2022 19:41

If you have never attempted Ironman, then you have no idea how challenging it is. But I would also love to see other types of challenges also.
"Grief is the price we pay for love."

Bobins

#6 » Post by Bobins » 29 May 2022 21:21

Klick17 wrote:
21 May 2022 04:44
In other words, i'm saying that Ironman should be something more intense ,severe, and critcally challenging enough to test the skill level of the contender, even if it means avoiding any hidden traps along the way which could(if not will) kill your contender character and you'll be out of the challenge since the more harder and tougher it is, the better your result upon the completion/victory will be for the reward to get at the final end of the challenge. :)
I'm sure its very difficult. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't have more challenges here, covering other aspects of the game. Hence this thread.