Heroic Dungeons Starting Gear to be Offered In Shop

Have a suggestion for TrueWoW?
Yosimitsu54

Heroic Dungeons Starting Gear to be Offered In Shop

#1 » Post by Yosimitsu54 » 02 Apr 2022 15:41

Hello , I think it would be very helpful for some starting Gear for fresh 80 lvl players to be added to the site Shop, where only heirloom Gear items are now offered. In particular Gear to be able to enter heroic dungeons thru the RDF button, like the Gear offered thru Emblems of Triumph (Tier 9?), because it is very hard to find players to group up for a normal RDF 70+ , due to low population. Which in turn makes it very very difficult for a fresh 80lvl to gear up to be able to enter heroic dungeons thru the RDF button.

Gnurg

Re: Heroic Dungeons Starting Gear to be Offered In Shop

#2 » Post by Gnurg » 02 Apr 2022 17:02

Sounds like a good suggestion to me, although the gear should perhaps be lowered to whatever the requirement for random heroic dungeons is (ilvl 200?)? Getting a complete set would be very convenient!
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

bobsmyname
Donor

#3 » Post by bobsmyname » 02 Apr 2022 19:46

if we're wanting to do something along these lines, why not instead of letting people buy gear (kek)
just remove the ilvl requirment.
Trans Rights

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#4 » Post by Dymond » 03 Apr 2022 14:48

Then we would become a pay to win server.

-1 for me.
"Grief is the price we pay for love."

Gr00vest
Donor

#5 » Post by Gr00vest » 03 Apr 2022 20:50

bobsmyname wrote:
02 Apr 2022 19:46
if we're wanting to do something along these lines, why not instead of letting people buy gear (kek)
just remove the ilvl requirment.
that used to be the case like 7 years ago and it was super annoying, having to solo a rhc because you're the only geared player in it, the other 4 are fresh 80s with questing gear from NR, absolutely no to that and no to buying gear from the TW shop, doesn't matter if it's ilvl 200 or ilvl 284, if you add one thing, people are gonna ask for more, it's a slippery slope

tl:dr that's gonna be a NO from me

Ayoe
Former Staff

#6 » Post by Ayoe » 03 Apr 2022 20:59

One of the things TrueWoW have maintained over all the years is the fact that we are not a pay to win server. Everything has to be obtained fairly through your game play. Adding items in the shop, even starting ones will just make us another pay to win.

You can get yourself ready for RHC through crafted items, BoE items, lower raids like voa, onyxia even naxx. Sounds silly but people do not check for GS on these simply because the majority always out gear it. So being able to enter RHC is actually up to yourself. You can have lower gear with correct stats, but items with wrong stats that highers your ILVL, and swap as you are in the dungeon. There is so many solutions but adding items to the shop is not one of it for me.

-1 for me.

mcheka

#7 » Post by mcheka » 03 Apr 2022 21:12

However, the fact that you can buy high ilvl BoE's to enter the queue and then switch to your normal gear (which doesn't meet the requirement) is silly. Instead of cheating the ilvl 180 requirement by queuing with Harbinger's Bone Band and Stiffened Corpse Shoulderpads on a rogue, we should just remove the reqirement.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition