Quality of Life improvements - Questing

Have a suggestion for TrueWoW?
Bobins

Quality of Life improvements - Questing

#1 » Post by Bobins » 23 Feb 2022 14:29

Hi all,

One of the changes I would like to see is the quest drop rates for vanilla and TBC increased to 100%. We have a x3 multiplier with the intention of getting you through the content faster and drop rates would facilitate this, and perhaps even negate it to a degree.

Drop rates are there to balance Xp/levels with the level of the area. For example, by the time you get to Western Plaguelands, with the RNG, you will be reaching level 53. The RNG is also there to slow down progession, which is why the quest XP didn't award more. There i no need for this barrier in legacy content, as the general idea is to get people levelling up before they burn out and enjoying questing.

Peronsally, I'd like to do all the quest in both expansions, but because of the drop rates (like many times in the past) I just lose interest and abandon the area and go back to levelling up.

Bobins

Re: Quality of Life improvements - Questing

#2 » Post by Bobins » 04 Mar 2022 14:32

Just to update this thread, I have abandoned several quests so far in vanilla due to the drop rates, as expected. If someone like myself, who enjoys doing the old content finds some of the quests a worthless waste of time, then those just levelling will likely have less of a tolerance for these drops.

I really dont see any negatives here. The ironman guys have more than enough content to easily level up using east and west continents. Same with the 0.5x guy too. I realise that most of the interest is in the end game stuff but it would be nice to do the other things too.

Kniteknite

Re: Quality of Life improvements - Questing

#3 » Post by Kniteknite » 09 Mar 2022 08:48

drop rate tweaking in some cases would be nice I agree~
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "