PVP or PVE realm - revisited

Have a suggestion for TrueWoW?
Keegz

Re: PVP or PVE realm - revisited

#16 » Post by Keegz » 09 Jan 2022 00:26

My view is i want a pvp server. This brings back memories of ducking and diving of other faction killing you but generally they didn't touch touch you. Always alot of fun! So my vote is pvp.

nikkal
Donor

#17 » Post by nikkal » 09 Jan 2022 07:11

i definitely vote for PVP realm. It won't make much of a difference overall, but the only joy we had fighting before icc entrance is now gone. I don't think there is anyone who was/will farm lower level players. But again, that was part of game also.

matador

#18 » Post by matador » 09 Jan 2022 07:39

Yes to PvP because I like having to avoid gankers or stalkers, yeah it might screw up your questing, but these are very fond memories, I like the thrill of trying to stay alive.
I am not a pvp seeker, but I enjoy it when I have to work around it, be extra careful, or when things are in my favor.
I do not encourage or condone unfair or dishonorable play, nor do I like being the recipient of dishonorable play.
I am happy Either path, I trust others to act honorably, and most do...

NoblemaneNZ

#19 » Post by NoblemaneNZ » 09 Jan 2022 10:24

Either way the realm goes not everyone will be happy with the decision made, it will lead to a small dip in population numbers as some will roll else where.

Personally I lean towards PVE but I'm okish as well with PvP but whatever decision is made, neither side truly wins.

m2oenergym2o

#20 » Post by m2oenergym2o » 09 Jan 2022 12:17

PvP

Gomer370

#21 » Post by Gomer370 » 09 Jan 2022 12:44

I vote PvE

Velanar

#22 » Post by Velanar » 09 Jan 2022 13:32

I prefer to fish in peace! its good the way it is. ;)

Gr00vest
Donor

#23 » Post by Gr00vest » 09 Jan 2022 13:58

Most of the votes from what I can see right now are based on emotions created out of laziness. Pretty much nobody voted objectively. Anyway I vote for PvP with a few good reasons why; TrueWoW started out as a PvP server, it also started out as a blizzlike server and now it's not even close to that neither, but that's a whole different subject for another time. Also, this game is called World of Warcraft, it's pretty lame to be safe everywhere you go in the world, being safe in major cities is fine but if you go for a stroll through say for example Stranglethorn Vale, you should NOT have the option to switch pvp off, and that's not up for a debate. You could say there are PvE servers on retail and that would make a good arguement if TrueWoW started out as PVE originally, but it didn't so it's not a good arguement. I could keep going but it won't make a difference because since when do people listen to reason?

Hssanya

#24 » Post by Hssanya » 09 Jan 2022 14:07

Pvp would be better, it's more true to the game.

venomeyes

#25 » Post by venomeyes » 09 Jan 2022 14:11

I cast my vote for pvp, i personally enjoy pve a lot more, and i rarely ever play pvp but as i see people enjoy pvp more and i think that it would be better for the server to go for pvp! Keep up the good work guys and much love to you all from a player that has been here from the begining! <3

xavisavis

#26 » Post by xavisavis » 09 Jan 2022 14:12

I personally vote pve - a lot of players didn't come to TW for pvp, and from my time here it doesn't seem popular at all with the current population, only a handful of battlegrounds happening in months. I think with the server's signature challenge being Ironman, it's entirely unfair to that population of users who come here for IM - as it is, the challenge is difficult but quite fair, but on a pvp realm, another player can end a users IM run which they worked weeks to months on, just on a moment's whim, and ive seen users wishing to do so quite openly before. Either there would have to be forgivenesses for player ganks on IM built into the system or no pvp realm.

bobsmyname
Donor

#27 » Post by bobsmyname » 09 Jan 2022 14:28

make every zone pvp for everyone. i wanna fight people in dalaran
Trans Rights

lodi

#28 » Post by lodi » 09 Jan 2022 14:37

I play on TW for like 8 years. And in start i didnt care much for PVP but in this moment when im reaching my first bis toon, and doing achievements. The lack of wintergrasp as PVP event and not enought battlegrounds im in lack of many achivements, so id like to see PVP on TW. P.S. PVP is not just ganking lowbies wich i experienced my self many times during my wow history, its abouth some adrenaline when u meet some 1 else and have a fair fight in open world and also those open pvp events. No 1 like to be farmed during leveling but from my perspective few morons dont make community i also saw many times enemy help killing some elite or pulling out of trouble. So yes to PVP

fcporto

#29 » Post by fcporto » 09 Jan 2022 15:00

PVE for sure.I like this server as it is.

popnone

#30 » Post by popnone » 09 Jan 2022 16:00

The fun of the Game it's to be able to do all it has to offer, both pve and PVP áre awsome and the fact that it's called a pve server practicly kills the PVP, personally since i came back i'm enjoying pve more than ever but still missing the PVP part because it's a totally diferent skill, being able to do both should be the goal not choosing just one because of personal preferences, all the people here are the ones that felt in love with wotlk and we should be Open to all the posibilities that would also atract more players for a more complete gaming experience, the key is to be as complete as we can and finding the balance between both would do so.
Also for that leveling issue people are refering to theres an option to disable PVP so You don't get atacked from annoying 80s, but fight while lvling with someone You Cross that is also leveling it's parte of the Game too