PVP or PVE realm - revisited

Have a suggestion for TrueWoW?
TooGreedy

Re: PVP or PVE realm - revisited

#31 » Post by TooGreedy » 09 Jan 2022 16:25

I like how it is now. If people want to PvP, they can enable it themselves, or participate in BGs. If there would be a demand for PvP leveling, something to consider might be to enable PvP at certain times of the week/month. Or to encourage people to lvl to 80 with PvP enabled all the time, there can be achievements or rewards.

philosopher92

#32 » Post by philosopher92 » 09 Jan 2022 17:36

PvP is dead on server, so i really don't see point of this voting, like chainging it to PvP will make any difference, expt some people might leave if they decide PvP enabled will make any difference to them. I would personaly vote for PvP, if that is much big of a deal for PvE people, if they fear the will be ganked, they can just harass staff to put up for a voting again. ^_^

Jiranthos
Admin

#33 » Post by Jiranthos » 09 Jan 2022 17:51

I want to clarify that this vote is not held because someone complained; and so it also follows that more votes will not be held later if someone complains after.

This vote came about because of two things:

1. We've noticed that a lot of our player base has changed. What used to be primarily PrimalWoW players and Olschool TrueWoW players have come and gone since the first vote and we're assessing our new crowd and opinion. It would be silly to stay PvE if all the Primal PvE players had left and like 80% of remaining players here wanted PvP now, when at the last vote there were closer to a clear 50/50 split in opinion.

2. Making world PvP events would be easier as a PvP realm.

This means that we'd only do another vote and change if the player base had changed significantly yet again. While the same old names are playing in majority, you can expect that there will not be another vote. So let's make it count.

This is mostly in response in the comment above "they can just harass staff to put up for a voting against".

Please continue the discussion and encourage others to come online to the website and leave their comment as well.

Thank you to those who have already voted and also posted their reasoning.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

mcheka

#34 » Post by mcheka » 09 Jan 2022 20:20

I vote for PvE, because switching will cause some of the PvE crowd to quit, while I don't think keeping it as PvE will cause any PvP-oriented player to quit.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

Spear007

#35 » Post by Spear007 » 09 Jan 2022 21:32

PvP and PvE aren't mutually exclusive, they are tied into the base of the game, I personally don't believe that PvE is more where WoW is going, but at the same time, don't forget, that both sides have a deep-seated hatred. So whilst PvP is apart of the core game, so is PvE. I can't really say if we should or shouldn't go to PvP, as I'm personally not a PvPer, if people wish to PvP, then allow them to, those that don't, I think should be allowed to have the option to either yes, or no, to PvP.
:!: :!: SJH, Spartanz for the Eternal battle. :!: :!:

vylenz

#36 » Post by vylenz » 09 Jan 2022 21:52

PVP

LordSdn

#37 » Post by LordSdn » 10 Jan 2022 06:18

Please keep it PVE, there are so few good PVE legacy worlds around!
"I aim with my eye. I shoot with my mind. I kill with my heart."

Artishot / Sanctuary / PrimalWoW

Calian1975

#38 » Post by Calian1975 » 10 Jan 2022 10:32

For me personally, it is PvE. I don't like to PvP. The question is: will more new people join and/or will more people stay if it is a PvP-server? I don't think it will make a big difference. It would make the server more Blizzlike, but that is not the most important part of the server for me. I just want to play with my friends in the guild and do epic PvE battles. The server is very well equipped for that kind of play. So I am happy with it the way it is now.

Earendur

#39 » Post by Earendur » 10 Jan 2022 19:25

I also vote PVE. I've been ganked too many times just completing my quests without going out looking for trouble. I'm happy with the way it is now, seems to work fine.
I had thought this was decided long ago, why are we even discussing it again?

SteelPH

#40 » Post by SteelPH » 10 Jan 2022 20:00

PvE. Really not interested at all in PvP and I'd much rather not have whatever time I have to play wasted by someone ganking me over and over.

ISMO

#41 » Post by ISMO » 10 Jan 2022 20:14

If PVP wud be fun, i'd vote yes. But 99 out of the 100 times its just being ganked by a massive overgeared dude or group. I vote NO. Id leave the server if it turns PVP

theprinz2

#42 » Post by theprinz2 » 11 Jan 2022 14:20

PvE

noce

#43 » Post by noce » 11 Jan 2022 18:52

hello all,
if we can still be xfaction regarding rdf, rbg, raids and arenas im in for world pvp. but still, even if we can stay xfaction, problems can occure. who can guarantee that ppl will pick ~50-50 ratio alliance-horde? i assume that we will have to choose faction? shall we have a balance? what about current guilds? and are ppl gonna flame, whine, etc if world pvp gets enabled when they get camped and ganked? as i sed im in for pvp all the way. it makes game more interesting. pve is booring imo. but if we are gonna lose ppl bcoz of it then dont go world pvp.

marko607

#44 » Post by marko607 » 11 Jan 2022 19:53

PVE ^_^ :D

jastericiak

#45 » Post by jastericiak » 11 Jan 2022 20:04

I dont really get the argument about some excesive ganking if the server switches to pvp. On the server where at peak times you have population of 60-70 people out of which half sit in Dalaran doing nothing and other half doing ICC for the 461234648 time ,you could actually consider yourself lucky if you meet someone out in the world while leveling.Either ganking you or helping you. I dont really see what would change if server switched to pvp.Exactly because of the low population world pvp is totally dead. So theres really no point in changing anything. Not to mention i dont see how it would work with crossfaction guilds and chats enabled.

That being said, as for me i never attacked players first when i met someone while leveling, but i didnt really mind if someone tried to mess with me. Little world pvp is never a bad thing. Being on lookout for enemy players gives leveling some extra spice.

In conclusion i would vote for swtching to pvp if population was bigger. But in this situation i dont see the point,
"Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would've noticed another madman around here? Good luck, everyone."