PVP or PVE realm - revisited

Have a suggestion for TrueWoW?
Jiranthos
Admin

PVP or PVE realm - revisited

#1 » Post by Jiranthos » 07 Jan 2022 18:17

After discussing recent issues with PVP world events. The staff has decided to put to a vote to see if players would like TrueWoW to return to a PVP realm or to continue as a PVE realm. This vote will remain open for 30 days. After this time, we will examine the votes and make a decision. We value your opinions.
Please leave a comment with your vote and feel free to back up your vote with reasons, but any derogatory statements or inappropriate statements will be removed.

You can see previous discussion on this topic here: viewtopic.php?f=94&t=40302

NB! There is NO POLL. Vote by leaving a text comment!

UPDATE:
After tallying the votes and removing some who are level 1 accounts or players who haven't even logged in in years - the result ratio is 61% for PVE; 39% for PVP. The realm remains PVE with almost a 2/3 majority.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

kurifissu

Re: PVP or PVE realm - revisited

#2 » Post by kurifissu » 07 Jan 2022 18:31

I've played in Truewow for quite some time, and never got any issues with ganks or the like. As long as the crossfaction stays up I'm ->FOR PVP Truewow<-.

Its a small community, maybe if someone does get ganked they get motivated to use the world chat.
I'm not saying I will, but I'm not saying I wont >:).

Dewbacca

#3 » Post by Dewbacca » 07 Jan 2022 18:34

I cast my vote for PvE, I didn't join a PvP server, I joined Primal but am very happy in TrueWow as a PvE world.
Tell me again, where are we going, and why are we in a handbasket?
Stonetooth
Goodtooth
Bigabadaboom
Eugene
Eskignome
Ironmandan

abcynia

#4 » Post by abcynia » 07 Jan 2022 21:07

NO!
For those saying it's no big deal and never really happened anyway ... why change then? Every PvP server has the same group of ***holes that get bored and feel like they need to get their kicks ganking someone 30 levels lower and without a huge population to call on for help, it's just a waste of time.

The Old Pro

#5 » Post by The Old Pro » 08 Jan 2022 01:41

Hell fucking no!

Dabeer

#6 » Post by Dabeer » 08 Jan 2022 01:44

Back when we were PVP and I was doing Ironman as Alliance, I had Horde players ride by me all the time without bothering me. That said, I'm enjoying the server as PVE, and don't think we need to change it back. Maybe if our population was high enough to also get rid of crossfaction... but we're nowhere near that today.

kitsuneryuu

#7 » Post by kitsuneryuu » 08 Jan 2022 01:49

PVE for sure, I love this server the way it is now, and it being pve was the first reason for me to start playing here.

Dbearded1

#8 » Post by Dbearded1 » 08 Jan 2022 03:21

my vote is still for a pve server, as it was the first time we voted about this...

BlueZombie618

#9 » Post by BlueZombie618 » 08 Jan 2022 06:29

I'm all for this server remaining as a PvE realm, as the mere thought of getting constantly ganked while leveling my characters is... ugh. This is like one of the most chill servers I've ever played on and hate to see that go away.

hjason3
Donor

#10 » Post by hjason3 » 08 Jan 2022 10:40

I have played this server for years although went through a lot of times where I didn't really play much just life but my opinion is Warcraft is Horde vs Alliance.. I actually like even if trying to level up a lower char knowing or watching out for alliance or whatever.. and I do think it's fun to hunt them down as well just not to camp them and keep killing them.. that's just my personal opinion but I do a lot of solo playing so I guess I would rather see whatever is best for the server just to remain active and keep players first and foremost but my vote goes for pvp

MissyP83

#11 » Post by MissyP83 » 08 Jan 2022 10:48

I vote for remaining PVE! I signed up for PVE because I enjoy it! PVP should remain optional.

Longi

#12 » Post by Longi » 08 Jan 2022 14:29

With cross-faction there is not point to be pvp server. Im not sure how its now, but wasnt there option to enable pvp by command ? Bgs/arenas has nothing to do with pvp/pve type of server. And world pvp events, what is it ? You can make one or two zones for only pvp

Hordetroll666

#13 » Post by Hordetroll666 » 08 Jan 2022 14:43

I dont know or pvp does matter with crossfaction. But wont look out for lvl 80 players as a lowlvl char.
pvp had nice things, but play not much pvp
I choose PVE
Last edited by Hordetroll666 on 09 Jan 2022 20:23, edited 1 time in total.
Savalyn/Stommevogel

Kniteknite

#14 » Post by Kniteknite » 08 Jan 2022 20:59

I took the Suicide Express at level 10, running down from Stormwind through Duskwood, past the Rebel Camp, died a few times from stealthed panthers, and finally made it to Booty Bay. I wanted to check the Auctioneer but accidentally started attacking a skull level Blood Elf paladin. I emoted i was sorry, and he laughed, and that was scary. He didn't attack me back, and I think most players here are of that ilk.

I do miss looking over my shoulder more often, hiding in bushes at levle 75 with aspect of the beast up, waiting for those titanium nodes to respawn (not random locations then) as I didn't have cold weather flying yet. That was fun. I do know how much of a hassle it can be to be ganked. Stranglethorne Vale comes to mind. Calls went out , and we had epic battles after a bunch of players would show up to avenge their alts or guildies.

With cross faction at the start, it was awesome to help a Tauren druid at Ursoc's Den. After leaving party he was hostile to me,and at 73. I could have attacked but just flew away, remembering that time in Booty bay, that twisted laugh, and being spared. PvP~

Which ever way the vote goes I'll be around to help , either way ~
Last edited by Kniteknite on 08 Jan 2022 21:11, edited 1 time in total.
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

Winterlion

#15 » Post by Winterlion » 08 Jan 2022 21:06

If people are gonna complain this much may as well keep it PVE even if they aren't gonna get ganked if it was changed.