Petition to grant a transmog exemption for Bloodsail Admiral's Hat

Have a suggestion for TrueWoW?
candre23
Donor

Petition to grant a transmog exemption for Bloodsail Admiral's Hat

#1 » Post by candre23 » 21 Mar 2021 15:09

Getting the Item Loading... ain't easy, and repairing your steamweedle rep afterwards is even harder. I really like the hat, and would like to be able to use it for transmogging. Unfortunately, because it's cloth and my Bloodsail admiral wears plate, it's not possible.

The rules state that exceptions can be made on an item-by-item basis, and I think the admiral's hat should qualify for an armor-type exception. It's a green item, so it meets the basic requirements for transmog. It's unique and difficult to obtain. There is no equivalent item for other armor classes. There is nothing "cloth specific" about the item, it was merely categorized as cloth so all classes could use it. As the original intent was for all classes to be able to use the hat, I feel all classes should be able to use it for transmog.

Axis
Senior Game Master

Re: Petition to grant a transmog exemption for Bloodsail Admiral's Hat

#2 » Post by Axis » 21 Mar 2021 18:28

Mixed-armor transmogs were rejected before due to the problems they cause (which have been seen with mixed weapons as well but it's too late to undo that now).

Even if an exception was made to allow just normal transmogging with this item, it would only be doable with cloth items.
I'll pass this along but I won't make any promises.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

LostIsland

#3 » Post by LostIsland » 24 Mar 2021 10:03

Thanks for attempting Axis, it'd be lovely to have the beautiful hat as a paladin again

Gnurg

#4 » Post by Gnurg » 24 Mar 2021 14:11

Yarr!
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

andriuspel
Former Staff

#5 » Post by andriuspel » 28 Mar 2021 14:02

Personally i do not see much trouble by allowing 1 item to be in exceptions. But yet it will need minor extra work and testing that such exception would get created (if this suggestion is approved)
A son asked his father (a programmer) why the sun rises in the east, and sets in the west. His response? It works, don’t touch!

Everyone says it's difficult to work with a person while they have a negative attitude or constantly exhibit uncooperative behavior.

candre23
Donor

#6 » Post by candre23 » 29 Mar 2021 20:53

Thank you for looking into it. I appreciate your effort.

MerelyASetback
Donor

#7 » Post by MerelyASetback » 30 Mar 2021 16:01

Can't you just use unused itemids to create a leather/mail/plate pirate hat and let people trade in their cloth one to an npc through a quest or something alike? Seems far easier than adding an exception and testing that.