Deathmatch Battleground

Have a suggestion for TrueWoW?
srelectrox

Deathmatch Battleground

#1 » Post by srelectrox » 26 Feb 2021 09:52

Just an idea that poped in my head, probably undoable but ill leave it here anyways ;D

A deathmatch mode for battlegrounds, or maybe just warsong gulch map.

Free for all, not team based.

I think it would be awesome ;D

Begining as regular with like 30 sec to hide without being able to cast nothing and after that cooldown theres no team A or team B, just blood shed :D

---------
Again, its just an idea, i dont know how to do it entirely, probably not a thing for a blizzlike server :)

With love,
ImageImageImageImageImage
Freakylups . Darkstuff . Garrote . Jardas . Mercurium

Regent
Tester

Re: Deathmatch Battleground

#2 » Post by Regent » 26 Feb 2021 10:07

Gurubashi Arena, Nagrand Arena and Blade's Edge Arena let you do FFA PvP - as long as you don't group up with anyone.
You just have to fly there and get people interested.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

srelectrox

#3 » Post by srelectrox » 26 Feb 2021 10:15

Didnt know that! Does it have a counter for wins and losses? Do you spawn just like an arena? or you have to walk to your body to respawn?

andriuspel
Former Staff

#4 » Post by andriuspel » 26 Feb 2021 10:22

this idea gave me few new ideas for scriptable hooks :D anyways won't comment much, will wait for other's :P
A son asked his father (a programmer) why the sun rises in the east, and sets in the west. His response? It works, don’t touch!

Everyone says it's difficult to work with a person while they have a negative attitude or constantly exhibit uncooperative behavior.

Axis
Senior Game Master

#5 » Post by Axis » 05 Mar 2021 13:38

This thread will remain open a short while longer for further feedback before it gets archived/rejected/accepted, depending on the community and our available resources.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

skyx

#6 » Post by skyx » 12 Mar 2021 16:36

Is it WOTLK-like? No

Is it Blizz-like? No

Did you think about healers? No.

Is it fair and balanced? Most likely not.

Is it fun? I can see people joining a few out of curiousity/boredom and then stop playing after a few rounds of constantly getting one shotted like the usual in battlegrounds.

I am not going to give this suggestion a +1 or -1 because I get attacked for just having an opinion.

srelectrox

#7 » Post by srelectrox » 13 Mar 2021 12:16

But if its your opinion you should rate it, thats why the thread is open for :) and i wouldnt attack you, specially cause all your arguments are right.

I just have to contest the fairness of it or the healer aspect of it because i can almost bet ya that the last to die will be the healers xD wich will may result in endless amount of time for it to end. You wont probably be ganked by 5v1 and if still you are, those 5 that killed you will have to kill each other after. But i still get that it might be too much work for something that might not be too used .

skyx

#8 » Post by skyx » 13 Mar 2021 17:00

WOTLK PvP is not balanced around 1v1 or 2v2 but 3v3. And the imbalance is exacerbated by gear difference.
I just want to see what Andrius would do.
Whether I like/dislike your suggestion is irrelevant because if the older guys don't like it, it gets downvoted and won't be accepted.

srelectrox

#9 » Post by srelectrox » 14 Mar 2021 10:29

I never mentioned it should be an Esports competition, it could even be just a trial event to see if it works.
Again, it was just a random idea that came to me and i thought could be fun. Even if it only gave andrrius some script ideas is enough for me.

Although, this is a democracy if i recall, you shouldnt be afraid of expressing your opinion and vote fo what you believe, even if its a -1 , i wont be hurt believe me. And the "old players" have the same rights.