Replace Shaman T6 2pc bonus (Rejected)

Botmaster5
Donor

Replace Shaman T6 2pc bonus (Rejected)

#1 » Post by Botmaster5 » 07 Jun 2018 19:46

Shamans, both Elemental and Enhancement, have access to a talant in the 3rd tier of the Enhance tree that reduces the cost of all shock spells by 45%, 'Shamanistic Focus'.

This was not available to shamans in retail TBC, therefore the T6 2pc for Enhancement shamans, which reduces the cost of shocks by 10%, made sense. In retail TBC, Shamanistic Focus reduced the cost of 1 shock by 60% after a melee critical strike.

My suggestion, replace the T6 Enhance shaman 2pc with one of the following:
2pc T8 - Stormstrike and Lava Lash deal additional 20% damage
4pc T9 - Increase damage done by shock spells by 25%
Or 2pc T10 - Activating Shamanistic Rage give 12% increased damage for 15 seconds.

I chose these set bonuses because they are all % based instead of flat, to better scale with curent server progression.

Now, before you all blow up with 'no one would do that', Blizzard already copy/pasted set bonuses from one tier to another (4pc T5 and 4pc T7).

Of the 3 possible replacement set bonuses, i would lean towards the 4pc T9, and possibly bump the damage down to a 10% bonus. A shock mana modifier, for a shock damage modifier.

Thoughts?
<Exalted Reputation> Femsham
Shaman Badass - Shaman Gear

scraggleness1

Re: Replace Shaman T6 2pc bonus

#2 » Post by scraggleness1 » 07 Jun 2018 21:52

why not copy it with an older set like the example you listed... use the same 4p bonus from T5 on T6. seems like it would be more balanced for a spec that isn't really struggling damage-wise.

Botmaster5
Donor

#3 » Post by Botmaster5 » 07 Jun 2018 22:09

I guess 4pc T4 or 4pc T5 could work as well. Remember, this is T6 and is supposed to be the last armor set in TBC, it should be strong.
<Exalted Reputation> Femsham
Shaman Badass - Shaman Gear

Meladath

#4 » Post by Meladath » 10 Oct 2018 10:53

Should replace every other "useless" set bonus too then. Rogues have a couple which were replaced by better talents, similar to shamans.

Which is quite a lot of them. Don't think its gonna happen. Would be nice, but unlikely cause its a lot of work imo. Plus it would most likely make the classes with changes insanely OP compared to the other classes.