TBC content on WotLK client - A great opportunity for TrueWoW?

Would you play on a 3.3.5 server with permanent TBC content?

Yes
20%
No
80%

Total votes: 5

Gadoschi
Donor

TBC content on WotLK client - A great opportunity for TrueWoW?

#1 » Post by Gadoschi » 25 May 2017 21:24

Okay, guys,

So a few months ago I decided to start playing on a TBC client 2.4.3. server, so I'd like to share some of my experiences so far:

1. as a client, TBC is missing MANY amazing features that WotLK has, such as dual specialization, being able to learn mounts and pets instead of having to carry them in your bags, achievements being implemented, revamped and much more sensible talent trees and more eligible high-end dps specs to play around with, proper dungeon finder, and many other,

2. before joining that particular server (which I shall not name because I don't want to start a flaming discussion), I searched far and wide for a server running TBC content on 3.3.5 client and couldn't find a single one,

3. most features mentioned under 1. are highly desired by TBC server players, so it would make sense they would jump on the opportunity to play TBC content on a WotLK client server, and

4. most players agree that TBC was the best expansion in terms of lore, content and the overall gear availability and looks, among other things,

5. gearing up and doing solo things on TBC clients is very slow and annoying because, with the old and often strange TBC talent trees, you pretty much have to regen mana after every 2-3 mobs if you are a mana user, and health in all other cases, and

6. speaking with many players across various servers, it seems that private players in general are slowly becoming saturated with WotLK content and want to play something else (usually TBC or Vanilla, though TBC seems to be the go-to content lately), but are often unwilling to give up the goodies (features and smooth fps plus much better addon support) that WotLK offers.

Having said all that - has TrueWoW considered releasing a permanent TBC realm on 3.3.5 client, because not only would that combine the best content ever created in WoW (by most players' standards, because of so much lore behind every raid encounter) with the best client ever to have existed in WoW (WotLK client), but it would also provide something that is not yet available on the private server market (I have found exactly 0 servers of that kind), instead of trying to chip off a small chunk of other realms' WotLK player base (which has proved to be quite unsuccessful as of yet in my opinion).

Such a server would, in my opinion, present the right balance between PvE and PvP due to dual spec, and, due to revamped talents in WotLK, would be a step down in terms of difficulty to gear up and start raiding, as well as mana issues that presented themselves often in TBC raids.

In my opinion, it would be absolutely amazing if TrueWoW hosted a total of 3 realm, 1 with Vanilla content, 1 with TBC content, and 1 with WotLK, all running on 3.3.5. patch, instead of 2/3 WotLK content realms (1 being in final stage of release, 1 dying and 1 WotLK content "wannabe" - Primal).

What do you guys think about this possibility?
PC
MB: Asus M5A97 R2.0 (AM3+); CPU: AMD FX 8300 (@4,2GHz); GPU: Gigabyte R9 380 4GB GDDR5 (@1,15GHz); RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz (2x4GB Kit); PSU: Coolermaster V550 (80+ Gold); CPU Cooler: LC-CC-120; Case: Antec GX505; Fans: Antec TrueQuiet 120mm x5; Monitor: AOC G2460PF (24'', 1ms, 144Hz, Freesync); Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Red); Mouse: Logitech G302; Surface: Roccat Taito Mid 5mm

Deim

Re: TBC content on WotLK client - A great opportunity for TrueWoW?

#2 » Post by Deim » 25 May 2017 22:56

Hey, there was a server that tried to do 3.3.5a TBC but apparently they failed at it. It was almost two years ago around the time that there was ZG released on PrimalWoW realm.

However if it works out on Primal (as this realm is one big experiment) it might work out in future.
Also there seems to be demand for fresh start wotlk servers right now (saw many ppl asking on reddit as currently majority are stock sunwellcore ) but hopefully Stormhold may fit that gap.
Last edited by Deim on 25 May 2017 22:59, edited 2 times in total.
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

Eronox
MVP

#3 » Post by Eronox » 25 May 2017 22:56

PrimalWoW is progressive though and is soon to hit the TBC content. But I agree, the hype with overall TBC releases from this and other servers has caused /r/wowservers a brief increase in activity.

If PrimalWoW indeed flourishes to a huge, stable, population in later TBC time and when we are at neath for Arthas' wrath, then I'd say I am all for a third realm that has it stayed on TBC - but on a WoTLK client because of the huge advantages amongst it.

Again, long shot and only seeable taking Now into consideration, we have no idea what will happen in the future 'nor where the TBC release will lead us. People lose interest fast, just look at MoP servers :P

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Brennus

#4 » Post by Brennus » 25 May 2017 23:54

+1, but it does not make sense right now.
Perhaps what Eronox said might be the best: wait until Primal releases WotLK content.
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •

taylor10

#5 » Post by taylor10 » 29 May 2017 23:36

THE BEST DUO