No.
25%
With some changes
4%

Total votes: 53

Gnurg

Re: Transmog

#16 » Post by Gnurg » 25 Feb 2017 23:14

oooooooooolde wrote:Maybe you should go and read that old poll.

Biggest argument against it for me is that it will make people put less effort into their appearances.
I like being able to see when competing raiding guilds get items - like war t3 shoulders, but a lot of the time you need a specific tabard, cloak or headpiece to go along with it.

I personally don't want it implemented. -1
Try reading more than the headline. Everyone has a personal setting, where you can choose for yourself what you want. That means if you're not interested in transmog and want to see progression on players, you can just leave your personal setting at disabled.

Gnurg wrote:There's a command:

Code: Select all

.set transmog on/off
If you enable it by writing ".set transmog on", you see yourself and others with chosen transmog.
[hide="Enabled"]Image[/hide]

If you disable it by writing ".set transmog off", you see yourself and others without transmog. The normal way, basically.
[hide="Disabled"]Image[/hide]

Every player can choose if they want to have it enabled or disabled.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

necropola
Donor

#17 » Post by necropola » 25 Feb 2017 23:23

+1 I really can't see any harm when it's implemented like on TrueWoW. It's completely optional both actively (xmog my gear) as well as passively (see xmogged gear). It might actually help to get more people to the server and more people to do dungeon runs with
I am the beginning. The end. The one who is many. I am the Borg

crowbar

#18 » Post by crowbar » 25 Feb 2017 23:25

Server already has several custom things, I would love to see transmog, one of the great features added by blizzard. And if you dont wanna see it dont enable it, you would never even know they were using transmog. +1 ^_^

oooooooooolde
Donor

#19 » Post by oooooooooolde » 25 Feb 2017 23:43

Gnurg wrote: Try reading more than the headline. Everyone has a personal setting, where you can choose for yourself what you want. That means if you're not interested in transmog and want to see progression on players, you can just leave your personal setting at disabled.
I did read more than the headline thank you very much. The argument is that people won't put any effort into their real appearances. They won't see it themselves and therefore won't bother with it. Now people look like shit to anyone not using transmog (players like me) and that's a -1 in my book.

Gnurg

#20 » Post by Gnurg » 25 Feb 2017 23:50

oooooooooolde wrote:
Gnurg wrote: Try reading more than the headline. Everyone has a personal setting, where you can choose for yourself what you want. That means if you're not interested in transmog and want to see progression on players, you can just leave your personal setting at disabled.
I did read more than the headline thank you very much. The argument is that people won't put any effort into their real appearances. They won't see it themselves and therefore won't bother with it. Now people look like shit to anyone not using transmog (players like me) and that's a -1 in my book.

Are you really saying that you don't want this, because then other players won't wear stat-wise worse gear to look good for you?

People do care more about stats than appearance, hence all the rainbow DPS warriors.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

oooooooooolde
Donor

#21 » Post by oooooooooolde » 26 Feb 2017 00:03

Gnurg wrote:Are you really saying that you don't want this, because then other players won't wear stat-wise worse gear to look good for you?

People do care more about stats than appearance, hence all the rainbow DPS warriors.
Thats not what I'm saying no. There are a lot of items that look wierd on their own - t2.5 warrior shoulders as an example, but if you match it with a proper tabard it can look really good. There's tons of ways people tweak their character when stuck without transmog, and I simply prefer it that way.

Vaen

#22 » Post by Vaen » 26 Feb 2017 00:09

Do it when BC launches, in my opinion.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

Gnurg

#23 » Post by Gnurg » 26 Feb 2017 00:15

oooooooooolde wrote:
Gnurg wrote:Are you really saying that you don't want this, because then other players won't wear stat-wise worse gear to look good for you?

Thats not what I'm saying no. There are a lot of items that look wierd on their own - t2.5 warrior shoulders as an example, but if you match it with a proper tabard it can look really good. There's tons of ways people tweak their character when stuck without transmog, and I simply prefer it that way.
There are two equipable pieces without stats: the shirt and the tabard. Sure, there are plenty of tabards and shirts, but to describe it as tons of options, eh. Anyways, if that's your opinion, then we'll just have to respect that.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

oooooooooolde
Donor

#24 » Post by oooooooooolde » 26 Feb 2017 00:29

Gnurg wrote:There are two equipable pieces without stats: the shirt and the tabard. Sure, there are plenty of tabards and shirts, but to describe it as tons of options, eh. Anyways, if that's your opinion, then we'll just have to respect that.
Have headpiece/cloak on and off
Have multiple itemsets - pvp and pve

People won't put any effort into this aspect when transmog is ingame :)

Gnurg

#25 » Post by Gnurg » 26 Feb 2017 00:32

oooooooooolde wrote:
Gnurg wrote:There are two equipable pieces without stats: the shirt and the tabard. Sure, there are plenty of tabards and shirts, but to describe it as tons of options, eh. Anyways, if that's your opinion, then we'll just have to respect that.
Have headpiece/cloak on and off
Have multiple itemsets - pvp and pve

People won't put any effort into this aspect when transmog is ingame :)
Me, nor the maority, don't put any effort into it anyways
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

lrctgl
Donor

#26 » Post by lrctgl » 26 Feb 2017 09:30

as gnurg says no one right now puts any effort into looking good because you cannot do that if you want to go for your BiS items
i really dont see that as a counterargument

VanillaPVE

#27 » Post by VanillaPVE » 26 Feb 2017 10:14

+1 from me as I see no harm in this. If you want it, great, you got it. If not, you can disable it.

Flooded
Former Staff

#28 » Post by Flooded » 26 Feb 2017 11:23

We're currently planning on this going live with TBC.

Nandet

#29 » Post by Nandet » 26 Feb 2017 12:17

A big +1 in my book.

Because why the fuck not?? No decent human/orc/undead/nightelf/dwarf/Gnome/tauren/troll being should be offended by that in any way, since you can turn it on and off just as you like. So all ppl who are against this are just plain stupid. Fact. Because everybody should be able to play the game as he/she/it sees fit and nothing changes for ppl who don't want transmog. And if you still feel the need to be against it, go play on a 1.12 Server!

lrctgl
Donor

#30 » Post by lrctgl » 27 Feb 2017 21:31

Bump