... way how to fix PVP

benzviliran

Re: ... way how to fix PVP

#16 » Post by benzviliran » 08 Feb 2017 23:09

Fastor wrote:
benzviliran wrote:a fresh restart could be by perhaps creating another wotlk server,
Funny l was thinking about this, well at least partially. Only first part. What should be done is to forget TW as is now and focus on PVP only realm where all raids are locked, its instant 80 but people my select their level (for twink purposes), and there are custom vendors with raid gear but it cost honor and arena points. On start people get Deadly gear but they could earn DONATE for Fury and Rele but cant Donate for WF. Arena reset should be several times a week.

Reasons for this idea is that as of now where people from all servers got tired raiding same things they only want to do PvP. Since it should be instant entry and short to play. Having something like Arena Tournament realm would be attraction for both TW and PW. And yes l said DONATE so even little fuckers with wallet could join but l avoided WF since those are for those who deserve.

Problem about this realm would actually be fixing all class bugs. Else its shit.
thats just fun pvp realm and thats not good...

also people fall in love in pvp alot by pvping while lvling, such as low lvl bgs and world pvp, fresh start in pvp server that pve too is vital...
I am the swarm

Fastor

#17 » Post by Fastor » 08 Feb 2017 23:15

You do not understand, noone who set right amount of time into pve character would not go to server to do it again from 0. That is why there are transfers.

Also main purpose of realm IS to attract PvPers and with them PvErs will come too. Just keep realm PvP clean.

Kniteknite

#18 » Post by Kniteknite » 08 Feb 2017 23:32

Fastor wrote:
benzviliran wrote:a fresh restart could be by perhaps creating another wotlk server,
Funny l was thinking about this, well at least partially. Only first part. What should be done is to forget TW as is now and focus on PVP only realm where all raids are locked, its instant 80 but people my select their level (for twink purposes), and there are custom vendors with raid gear but it cost honor and arena points. On start people get Deadly gear but they could earn DONATE for Fury and Rele but cant Donate for WF. Arena reset should be several times a week.

Reasons for this idea is that as of now where people from all servers got tired raiding same things they only want to do PvP. Since it should be instant entry and short to play. Having something like Arena Tournament realm would be attraction for both TW and PW. And yes l said DONATE so even little fuckers with wallet could join but l avoided WF since those are for those who deserve.

Problem about this realm would actually be fixing all class bugs. Else its shit.
there it is
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

Royo

#19 » Post by Royo » 09 Feb 2017 02:46

loveable wrote:is royo pvping ?who is he ? :lol: :lol:
I'm a pve guy :)

Longi wrote:....purely hypothetical....

Lets say, you want to create new PVP system, you know balanced, fine reward, good motivation and fresh .... based on retail + improves from other patches, games, custom ideas and so on ....

Dont look now at HOW it was before or how it is now ....

PVP players what do you think, how this system should look like ?

Give your opinions

Edit : @Royo @milanlord @loveable @Xtremest @Ancestor @skyx @Rohit @Floss @ItchyVortex @ribbaribbahey @Wilcox
I haven't been interested in arenas for a few years now, and primarily becauses it's 1) the same people queueing and 2) overgeared ppl carrying/boosting their buddies. It gets really old after a while. Last time I did an arena, me and my partner actually went up against similarly geared players, and that was fun. But sadly, cases like those are rare.

To be honest, there won't be a way to fix PvP because as mentioned here already the population is too low for anything to make an impact. If this was to get implemented, more and more people would have left so any suggestions aiming towards PvP will have no effect. This is just what I think, but I do commend you for trying, and the people in the other threads as well.

Fastor

#20 » Post by Fastor » 09 Feb 2017 03:49

Kniteknite wrote: there it is
There it is, what?

Kniteknite

#21 » Post by Kniteknite » 09 Feb 2017 10:27

Fastor wrote:
Kniteknite wrote: there it is
There it is, what?
there it is means what You said is true and important , You said it so i didn't need to say it ;) I agree there it is..in a nutshell)
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

Fastor

#22 » Post by Fastor » 09 Feb 2017 13:13

Oh, ok. Great minds think alike ^_^

Wilcox

#23 » Post by Wilcox » 09 Feb 2017 14:26

last time i played arenas it was with stormn, you do the math

Longi

#24 » Post by Longi » 12 Feb 2017 19:00

sooo.... :) lets try with this one as " balance test "

WSG :
  • no PVE items at all ( players have to play only with PVP items )
  • Free starting blue PVP gear for all
  • similiar quee as for RDF, you can quee as support ( healer ) or damage ( dps / tank )
  • minimum players 3vs3
  • if there is a healer in quee opposite fraction gets +1 open spot for damage ( for example : Hordes have in quee 2x damage and 1x support, Alliance will have spot for 4x damagers or the same quee setup as the hordes and vice versa)
  • only same number of healers can get to BG at time ( For example : Hordes have 1 healer - Alliance have 1 healer, Hordes have 2 healers - Alliance have 2 healers and so on ... ????? )
  • fraction may have max difference of one healer ( for example : Horde have in quee 2x support and 3x dmg so Alliance have 1x support and 5x damage ) if there is more healers in quee, they wont get to bg
  • check for healing / damage done after end of bg (if a player abuse quee - healer will quee as damage )... 30 days deserter buff for player who abused system and reward decreased for whole team by some percentage ( 75%-90% ), normal reward for no abusing team
  • WSG will start only if there is enough players for it... 3vs3, 4vs4, 5vs5 and so on if there is damage setup in quee or the same setup with healer, or 3vs4, 4vs5, 5vs6 and so on if there is healer vs damage setup
  • Checking iLvls ( GS ) of players so there wont be match 3 full wrath players vs 3 blue players , if one fraction has bigger GS and difference in power of team is like a big huge sequoia weaker team will get +1 open spot to enter bg

Wilcox

#25 » Post by Wilcox » 13 Feb 2017 06:58

there are still a lot of flaws in what you suggested. i can't give you a detailed counter argument right now due to being on phone but i'll go over q couple that piqued my interest as soon as i read them

1) the part about +1 slot. you do realize that the issue is caused from population, right? what if the slot doesn't get filled; what if the slot gets filled with some top geared guy and the other faction gets a new slot but that slot won't be filled?

2) calculating heals/dps. what if the healer is a shit geared discipline and some retri goes full justicelight mode and outheals him?

a few other things that I just cannot list right now but this indeed has a lot of flaws, and to fix those flaws would require a great amount of effort. it's not feasible at the end of the day, in my opinion

or you could go with my suggestion and agree that some things just end, and move on with your life to look back with pride

loveable

#26 » Post by loveable » 13 Feb 2017 10:15

i've an opinion about battlegrounds that can make all bg's Active

the solution is 1 RBG Perday , Like Rhc EOF , when we do 1 RBg in day , it disapear till tomorrow

so we can quee 2 specific battleground to make them happen

im prety sure everyone bored from wsg 24/7 , that why many ppl dont quee bg
Beating Everything In WoW -> Ghost <-
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = RBG
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = Not RBG

freehall2002

#27 » Post by freehall2002 » 13 Feb 2017 17:43

all this suggestion is just useless u ppl are just throwing stone at each ideas. when the time was right no1 hitted the rod and if by chance u hitted the rod the post got rejected coz of some selfish ppl's as some1 said only solution is mopre pop. i think as royo said boosting ppl and over geared pppl just destroyed whole pvp community i think i even discussed about to stop carrying ppl in bg and stop overgeared ppl from queing in arena just so they can rape lowbies but who cared i got shot down pretty hard and now u ppl came to sense that is just lol.

Longi

#28 » Post by Longi » 14 Feb 2017 00:50

Wilcox wrote: 1) the part about +1 slot. you do realize that the issue is caused from population, right? what if the slot doesn't get filled; what if the slot gets filled with some top geared guy and the other faction gets a new slot but that slot won't be filled?
I worked with fresh PVP start after wipe, with banned PVE items, players will have acces to free starting Blue PVP gear. So if PVP start from the first season there are hmm im not sure 3 types of gear ? blue, basic epic from bgs and season 1 from Arena. Different isnt that big so overgeared people wont be problem, lets say 1-2 seasons.
Wilcox wrote: 2) calculating heals/dps. what if the healer is a shit geared discipline and some retri goes full justicelight mode and outheals him?
This is very good point, but I think disco prist wont be problem coz you can work with dmg done lets say + disco has few heals too I think... hmmm about crazy retri pala.... to be honest I dont know. never player pvp pala, are these heals rly that good ?
Wilcox wrote: or you could go with my suggestion and agree that some things just end, and move on with your life to look back with pride
I do agree that some things just end ( I am playing since 2008, I saw many things end ... lol ) but, you know If you don´t play active ingame you can at least " spam " the forum :D