[PW] Realm First! Conqueror of Naxxramas for the level 60 version?

Gnurg

[PW] Realm First! Conqueror of Naxxramas for the level 60 version?

#1 » Post by Gnurg » 05 Feb 2017 11:22

With Naxxramas soon approaching its end content, maybe it's time to discuss whenever or not we should hand out that achievement to the first who clear the instance. I personally think that Realm First! Conqueror of Naxxramas should be handed out at the level 60 version, as the level 80 is a joke in comparison.

+ More people can get the achievement.
+ It's harder, people will likely clear the level 80 version in the first week of its release.
- Not Blizz-like, though maybe it would have been, if achievements were implemented in Vanilla.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Longi

Re: [PW] Realm First! Conqueror of Naxxramas for the level 60 version?

#2 » Post by Longi » 05 Feb 2017 11:35

Gnurg wrote: Realm first will create drama. i.e. "You only killed it first, because you got to it first after the nerf." or "EU has an advantage over NA when it comes to Realm resets". Just completing it by the next raid release would give everyone in a raiding guild a shot at it, ensuring that no one dedicated would feel left out.

Gnurg

#3 » Post by Gnurg » 05 Feb 2017 11:47

Longi wrote:
Gnurg wrote: Realm first will create drama. i.e. "You only killed it first, because you got to it first after the nerf." or "EU has an advantage over NA when it comes to Realm resets". Just completing it by the next raid release would give everyone in a raiding guild a shot at it, ensuring that no one dedicated would feel left out.
You're taking it out of context. That was for the broadcast whenever someone defeats a boss for the first time. It's unrelated to the Realm-First achievements.

Anyways, I suggested this one, which would eliminate that problem: http://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 82#p403982. And it's only for the achievement, not the broadcast.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Gala

#4 » Post by Gala » 05 Feb 2017 12:29

you can always buff lvl 80 naxx version to shit xD Original Lordaeron Naxx was super fun and hard... Just like me right now :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

http://imgur.com/a/jrhI2
Galaron - 70 warlock

CloudrA

#5 » Post by CloudrA » 05 Feb 2017 12:31

yeah this naxx is way easier than the lordaeron version so far, with the exception of certain bosses requiring world buffs to dps down in time which isnt a matter of difficulty its just retarded

Rayen

#6 » Post by Rayen » 05 Feb 2017 12:40

Yes can we have more people complaining that primal is a fun server and leave nothing for future expansions please, after all its going to stay on vanilla for the rest of the days OH WAIT :DDDDDDDD

Nyeriah

#7 » Post by Nyeriah » 05 Feb 2017 13:18

Honestly, we can't tell if this version end boss will be harder than the level 80 one. I believe the major part of the difficulty aspect is learning tactics and not the buffs, as the buffs are simply something you either can overcome or can't (and then you need better gear, world buffs, consumables, whatever). The same will happen at the level 80 naxx, where pretty much the only roadblock I can see people to have is gear.

We have not discussed this in special and right now as it is the boss will award the realm first. But for me I'd rather have both versions award the realm first even if that's not the best solution. You'd always be able to tell whether it was a vanilla naxx kill or not by checking the timestamps. And we could come up with a special ladder for that.

Gnurg

#8 » Post by Gnurg » 05 Feb 2017 14:54

Nyeriah wrote:Honestly, we can't tell if this version end boss will be harder than the level 80 one. I believe the major part of the difficulty aspect is learning tactics and not the buffs, as the buffs are simply something you either can overcome or can't (and then you need better gear, world buffs, consumables, whatever). The same will happen at the level 80 naxx, where pretty much the only roadblock I can see people to have is gear.

We have not discussed this in special and right now as it is the boss will award the realm first. But for me I'd rather have both versions award the realm first even if that's not the best solution. You'd always be able to tell whether it was a vanilla naxx kill or not by checking the timestamps. And we could come up with a special ladder for that.
Both versions might be good too.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE