[PW] Slam fix affecting guilds & players!

Should Slam be reverted?

Revert the old Slam mechanic(timing specific swings)
35%
No keep it the way it is(blizzlike)
42%
Revert the mechanic, and apply it again when TBC gets released
14%
I don't play warrior
9%

Total votes: 65

Gnurg

Re: [PW] Slam fix affecting guilds & players!

#31 » Post by Gnurg » 03 Feb 2017 11:16

Mizzeeh wrote:
Gnurg wrote:Patchwerk DPS with World Buffs, after slam nerf. Damage is more than reasonable, even after the nerf.

Murien was 2-handed arms
Me, Third and Ichie were DW fury
** Seems Third was DW fury. :L
Murien, you mean the person with DMN buff and Songflower that was out-dps'd by a person with 0 DMN buffs, 0 Songflower and 1 food buff(Ichie)? Sounds like a fair comparison.
Point is that it's still very good. He's above almost everyone else.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

majstorfanta

#32 » Post by majstorfanta » 03 Feb 2017 13:57

Mizzeeh wrote:Murien, you mean the person with DMN buff and Songflower that was out-dps'd by a person with 0 DMN buffs, 0 Songflower and 1 food buff(Ichie)? Sounds like a fair comparison.
If I am not mistaken, fury 2 hander always was better dps than arms both using slam so that would boost muriens dps if murien was fury 2h. Also I belive Murien is in arms pvp spec, with improv hamstring, parry chance talents and so on.
Jackofclubs
Aceofhearts
Kynlovesrets

Mizzeeh

#33 » Post by Mizzeeh » 03 Feb 2017 14:34

Gnurg wrote:Point is that it's still very good.
Frankly, considering the gear level and buffs, that dps is embarrassing for a warrior.
Gnurg wrote:He's above almost everyone else.
I could go deep-subtlety backstab specc and out-dps almost everyone on the server who's not a very geared rogue/warrior, it's still a complete trash specc that I'd never play.

You don't prove a specc's viability by comparing it to everyone's dps, if it has a different dps specc available, you compare it to that specc's dps and factor in raid utility and ease of gearing, etc. Now, the trauma buff might be enough to justify bringing an arms warrior to raids, considering it's around 1.5-3% raid dps increase, depending on fights and class comp, but the dps it does is not competitive compared to fury.

jvolante92

#34 » Post by jvolante92 » 03 Feb 2017 20:39

Mizzeeh wrote:
Gnurg wrote:Point is that it's still very good.
Frankly, considering the gear level and buffs, that dps is embarrassing for a warrior.
Gnurg wrote:He's above almost everyone else.
I could go deep-subtlety backstab specc and out-dps almost everyone on the server who's not a very geared rogue/warrior, it's still a complete trash specc that I'd never play.

You don't prove a specc's viability by comparing it to everyone's dps, if it has a different dps specc available, you compare it to that specc's dps and factor in raid utility and ease of gearing, etc. Now, the trauma buff might be enough to justify bringing an arms warrior to raids, considering it's around 1.5-3% raid dps increase, depending on fights and class comp, but the dps it does is not competitive compared to fury.
+1 What I'm trying to say

chickenbutt
Donor

#35 » Post by chickenbutt » 16 Feb 2017 16:38

I voted for "I don't play Warrior" (without reading the thread, oops) to see what the tally is at, and it's currently tied at 23 v 23 here. As I understand it, this is blizzlike and should stay this way. Comparing this fix to Volley + AA fix is a good comparison. Lol. No reason for this (literally a) FIX to be reverted.
:=) My Mini Enhancement Shaman PvE Guide

https://soundcloud.com/open_minded_97/fullat - a punk song I wrote and produced with a friend from music community college in 2019