New tool in site

Have a suggestion for TrueWoW?
Ancestor

Re: New tool in site

#31 » Post by Ancestor » 17 Mar 2016 20:59

what it i want just move 1 of my own chars to other my own account, i haveto make all through this ?

Justicelight
MVP

#32 » Post by Justicelight » 17 Mar 2016 21:03

Yes. Both accounts must be activated and have minimum of True Points on it. I mean char moving ties in a delicate way with trading so people which want to do it must pay for it. Hopefully, if system goes as I say, and people use it, we could get some nice money on server to use it on advertise comercials.
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Supernova

#33 » Post by Supernova » 17 Mar 2016 23:37

Back in time you could registrate more than one account with one email.I got some with my main email.And i will move chars mostly between them.
Diabla - Blood Elf Paladin
Ambrosia - Blood Elf Death Knight
Supernova - Orc Shaman
Bladespinner - Orc Warrior

Nyeriah

#34 » Post by Nyeriah » 18 Mar 2016 16:02

Thanks for sharing Justicelight. However, it does look more like it's oriented towards character trading than just the plain account move. Anyway, I believe there are elements that we could use if we thought about implementing this idea but it seems like there's a strong resistance to change among the staff, so I'm not sure if this suggestion will be accepted :)

Siisz
Donor

#35 » Post by Siisz » 24 Apr 2016 14:43

I think it would be a good idea to have such a tool system.

Since you are trading characters and not account, i mean that you would have to give information for the new account it has to enter and the account it has to go from. So risk of loosing an account won't be there, since there will be only talking about characters and both has to give their accept. So that way you can't claim you get scammed because you said good for it yourself.

Currently don't i think it will open an issue about selling chars, because currently people has played on many servers and they can sell their transfer chars, they can sell accounts behind backs - if a person wanna sell something and wanna bend the rules they will do it no matter how big the walls are. So i can't see the difference between a friend getting a transfer char from a friend of his on another server or me giving him my level 80 char that is already on the server but is going to dust, maybe that will cause him to actually take part in more activity because then he has another character, which he was not willing to level. This is seen from the point of being on the server for many years and by that have leveled a lot of characters to avoid end up being bored, but also ended up leveling characters i don't wish to play as 80. I rather help a friend stay tooned for the server longer than have a fancy account with naked characters.

Heihachi
Developer

#36 » Post by Heihachi » 25 Apr 2016 03:50

I'm ok with this suggestion and willing to make a system like this if we come to creating it. It should be linked to forum accounts and accounts should be linked for a certain amount of time to even qualify for this that way you can't just link and transfer away.

If we add true points based on donations we would probably need to give people that already donated some of them since they have donated.

Supernova

#37 » Post by Supernova » 15 Nov 2016 11:17

/slap
Supernova - Orc Shaman

Supernova

#38 » Post by Supernova » 28 Mar 2017 10:29

Add it and make TW more wanted:P
Supernova - Orc Shaman

blagovest_tonev

#39 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 28 Mar 2017 11:21

Interesting idea, you have my +1 :tick:

Roel
Founder

#40 » Post by Roel » 22 May 2018 11:06

Reopening the discussion for now as requested by the original poster.

Bloodshade

#41 » Post by Bloodshade » 22 May 2018 19:17

+1, Justice definitely needs to buy some more toons :tick:
fml