New tool in site

Have a suggestion for TrueWoW?
Nyeriah

Re: New tool in site

#16 » Post by Nyeriah » 16 Mar 2016 05:01

Relina wrote:@Nyeriah, What about users with emails which at time of registration were valid but have been deleted due to prolonged inactivity by the email host ?
Those are also left without support unfortunately, for this service specifically.

Kniteknite

#17 » Post by Kniteknite » 16 Mar 2016 05:04

He said tool ^_^
French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale

Relina

#18 » Post by Relina » 16 Mar 2016 06:09

Is there anyway in which those users could request a change of email address to their current active email ?
Truewow:
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow:
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

Longi

#19 » Post by Longi » 16 Mar 2016 06:21

Relina wrote:Is there anyway in which those users could request a change of email address to their current active email ?
I think there was option for email change,but its disabled for some reason now :)

Nyeriah

#20 » Post by Nyeriah » 16 Mar 2016 06:29

There's account email and registration email.

Users were never allowed to change registration email.
Account email can be changed at the account manager. Just click the account and edit the email.

I don't think we would allow changing registration email (which is the email I propose for this to work with) since it's sort of self-defeating, the new email wouldn't be the "registration" email and we wouldn't be able to tell the ownership.

So in short, yes, only users with valid and still active emails would be able to use this feature. Sadly it'll likely not work for others as we would need a way to be entirely sure they're the legit owners of such accounts, and the only way I can see for that is through such validation.

In the end, it comes down to whether we would like it or not to provide a feature that not everyone will be able to benefit of.

Still waiting to hear from Justicelight about it. Perhaps he has a better idea than mine.

Relina

#21 » Post by Relina » 16 Mar 2016 06:43

Well no matter the outcome, it doesn't hurt to discuss various solutions to this issue, since if all security concerns can be met then this feature would be really nice to have.
Even if some players wouldn't be able to fully utilize it.

P.S: Where can I check the registration email ?
Truewow:

Primalwow:

Longi

#22 » Post by Longi » 16 Mar 2016 07:18

Relina wrote:Well no matter the outcome, it doesn't hurt to discuss various solutions to this issue, since if all security concerns can be met then this feature would be really nice to have.
Even if some players wouldn't be able to fully utilize it.

P.S: Where can I check the registration email ?
you can see your email in account manager, when you click on your game account

Relina

#23 » Post by Relina » 16 Mar 2016 07:55

longi wrote: you can see your email in account manager, when you click on your game account
Erm do you have Nyeriah on ignore or something lol, she just said that:
Nyeriah wrote:There's account email and registration email.

Users were never allowed to change registration email.
Account email can be changed at the account manager. Just click the account and edit the email.
Truewow:

Primalwow:

Nyeriah

#24 » Post by Nyeriah » 16 Mar 2016 07:57

The registration email isn't currently available anywhere, we'd need to change that

Ancestor

#25 » Post by Ancestor » 16 Mar 2016 09:57

make it work with registration emails confirmation code and we good

Supernova

#26 » Post by Supernova » 16 Mar 2016 10:00

Do not put account trading in this.You will lose your char/acc aniway if you share your info with negative person,by your own actions.
Server's policy will remain the same ,continues againts trading.
If a "real friend" give a char for free to an other will need to also give email info.

This is in genral about our own accounts,all thos linked in account manager and having emails acsses with.Some people who would like to ''fix'' something in theyr accounts
Like me to sort my chars by classes ( warrios 80 lvl and 79 lvl twink for example).
Also something else ...i lack macro space in accounts with many different classes,so that move would give me more space.Yeah there are many addons for macro space but i did not liked any for now.
Actually that's what made me think about the idea.

Others may won't need it ,its not mandatory. Many like to have as much as less accounts and all characters in it.
And only people who have all requirements that server requere will be able to do it.
Also if it have high/balanced price cost will prevent using it for ''fun''.
There may be requested transfers do be done only with the same IP.

This will make account manager even more important and basic.

Still that can be rejected in time if it really does more harm.

Let's people share more info how this worked in thos other servers

I'm away from the idea to see bouncing characters across the whole TW.
Diabla - Blood Elf Paladin
Ambrosia - Blood Elf Death Knight
Supernova - Orc Shaman
Bladespinner - Orc Warrior

prodigy
Developer

#27 » Post by prodigy » 16 Mar 2016 10:10

Do NOT touch registration email.That field should NOT be changed no matter what.Account email you can do whatever you want with it,but for registration email my vote is to NOT touch it whatsoever.It's the only proof of the original creator of an account and imo it should never be changed.
Also I am against this suggestion also;will cause more issues with trading chars and stuff like it.

Roel
Founder

#28 » Post by Roel » 16 Mar 2016 11:20

Nyeriah's suggestion would work but it's basically so safe that the majority of players will probably be disappointed that they can't use it anyway.

Supernova

#29 » Post by Supernova » 16 Mar 2016 14:45

Roel wrote:Nyeriah's suggestion would work but it's basically so safe that the majority of players will probably be disappointed that they can't use it anyway.
Only thos who really need it will use it,its not an caprice caused by fun,feshan or just for a change motive.
Diabla - Blood Elf Paladin
Ambrosia - Blood Elf Death Knight
Supernova - Orc Shaman
Bladespinner - Orc Warrior

Justicelight
MVP

#30 » Post by Justicelight » 17 Mar 2016 20:56

Nyeriah wrote: What would you bring to the table, Justicelight?
My idea is like this:

- first of all we will need to have aditional curency, let's call it True Points.
- True Points will be obtainable by:
- transfer from another player;
- convert vote points with a big ratio (Example: 1:1000);
- donate;

Conditions to transfer a character:
- sender and receiver must activate their account. Activation makes the transfer panel available, it will cost TruePoints to get it activated/
- sender account must have a minimum amount of True Points.
- receiver account must have a minimum amount of True Points.

On a customized panel there should be these features:
- ability to request a character from an account by entering character name + amount offered; (The one who is asked for the character receives an email with a template in which is presented the character name that people want from him and amount offered)
- ability to check the available requests (who requested, how many succesful transfers he did before), True Points balance, True Points to Vote Points conversion panel.

- the one who requested the character from another player now has on his transfer panel a pending request in which his only option is to cancel the request or enter a code.
- the one who is requested a character checks the request, amount he is offer and sends back a confirmation with a code.
- the one who requested the char uses that code at his transfer page to get the character and True Points number reduced.

Whole point of this would that, any move you do with by transfers would require a minimum amount of TruePoints on both sides, which will envolve atleast two donations per char transfer. win win for everyone.
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."